You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LightningWaffle

Waffle Wants To Know: Your Most Hated Ships

The Worst Things....  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most-hated tier?

• Tier II
    • Tier III
    • Tier IV
    • Tier V
    • Tier VI
    • Tier VII
    • Tier VIII
    • Tier IX
    • Tier X
  2. 2. What is the class YOU hate playing the most?

• DD
    • CL/CA
    • BB
    • CV

25 comments in this topic

[VX9]
Beta Testers
323 posts
3,789 battles

Life has gotten in my way, and I'm now a DadWaffle, but I'm still loving this game. However....I wanna know some things from you guys. It's been a long time since I took a proper look at the ship roster and picked out the worst of the worst. I know there's been a few meta shifts, and since there are new lines and all, I wanted to see if people's opinions on ships have changed. I don't want to create a poll listing every single ship, so I'll just ask you guys point blank: What ships do you hate playing the most? I don't wanna know about your premiums, as we know there's more than a few stinkers in there, but what tech tree ships made you grit your teeth or wear a new dent in your desk from all the fist-slamming. What makes it so bad for you? What did you end up doing? That sort of thing.

There are a couple polls attached with this, more for the sake of knowledge than anything else, but the Waffle reeeaaallly wants to know what was/is/will be the worst for you.

Members
142 posts

Kirov. It's the only ship so far I really just can't adapt to.

Honorable mention goes to CVs in general. The RTS gameplay style bores me to tears, but it's fun occasionally picking on low-maneuverability, low-AA ships by just devstriking them with a point blank manual torpedo drop they have basically no counter against.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

I'm pretty much a noob with CV so I won't count that.  

When I play CA/CL I run around getting citadeled by everyone.  Note that I know not to show broadside but seems some enemy I didn't know about in tim buk too saw me and took a nice shot at me breaking my ship's spine.  

So that said I prefer DD then BB more.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles

T8  because MM

BBs because BBs.

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

I probably need to change my answer a bit.  There is one thing worse than CA/CL and that is sluggish dreadnaught low tier BBs.  The IJN T3 was so awful I couldn't stand playing it.  

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles
4 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

T8  because MM

It's like T8's are served on a platter to T10s for them to beat up.  To show that spending all the XP and money on those T10 ships was worth it because hey, you can beat on those poor T8 ships.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLHK]
Members
328 posts
3,429 battles

Saint Louis - French cruiser. I am the only person I know who could not get this bucket of bolts to do anything.

Played the entire French cruise line, had an absolute blast in all of them....except the Saint Louis

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

Oh and everybody loves the Cleveland.  I don't...  As a Russian DD player those orbital shell arcs drive me nuts.

*see target 10-15km away*
*fire*
*go make a sandwich waiting for shells to land*

• Funny 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I dislike T10 and BBs, however the ship I hate the most is the Alsace.

I only punish myself with that ship when I try to dev strike broadside ships. Overpen for days, if the shells find their way to the target.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

BACON needed.

You must add a No Vote (i.e. Bacon) option.  Especially, I don't hate playing any type of ship.  Only "hate" T8 because MM, but don't really hate any.

Now, if you want to know what ship, make a poll with only Myogi <ptui> as an option.

[USCG]
Members
204 posts
12,946 battles
24 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

Monarch/Izumo.

I'm SO GLAD to see MONARCH mentioned!  Not sure what it is about that ship but I can't buy a win in her...HORRIBLE!  Izumo was no where near as bad.

I stink at CV play so hats off to anyone that can keep track of all those squadrons.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I find that some ships I'm doing well at, while others are a struggle.

I also find on my second account that same ship is either bad or good -- the reverse of the main account.

So far, one Co-Op game in the Monarch, and I'm beating the snot out of the bots -- doing better than the KG5.  Time will tell. 

My main account is very strange.

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles

Anything higher than Emerald in the RN CL line.

Tier ten specifically because it’s a bloody waste of time unless you’re some kind of unicum, or just don’t care.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

My Dadness has greatly impacted my playtime. I have a 2 and 4 year old buzzing around, and that doesn't leave time for much else.

I pretty much only play destroyer (+80%) but not because it's better or anything, simply because I only have time for so many games. I enjoy "being good" and knew if I spread my playtime thin between the classes I'd be way crappier skill wise and would have a hard time seeing much high tiers stuff.

Not a huge fan of grindy stuff mostly due to time constraints, and seeing as I often have more cash than time I have purchased and enjoyed many matches in premium ships further eroding my time put into "grinds".

I am almost to Gearing which would be my 3rd complete Destroyer line to Tier 10, I'm just not sure the will to grind remains to do another. I currently haven't played since the first weekend of ranked (Bought Asashio, still have not played it) when I managed to punch through 10 Ranked matches in Lo Yang.

Just play, don't worry about being the best, just be your best. Trust me, you will be better than most of them out there.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles

I have no particular tier I hate but I do have less fun in 8, 9, & 10.

For class I can't wrap my head around CV's mostly because the insane amount of micromanaging required makes them more like work.

I have one ship I absolutely hate, the Izumo, the tier 3 BB's were less painful. The only time the rear turret is somewhat useful is when you are running. As soon as I have enough Free Experience I will say goodby to that floating target.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

T8 because I get in T10 matches the vast majority of the time and between the Shimacancer and BBs that will delete you in 1 shot, it's just not fun.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,467 battles

But will WG listen and change the dreaded +2 MM...noooooo can' upset the T10 boys and take away their fodder.  I'd say at least 75% of the player base would welcome +1 MM but WG refuses to listen. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Guess I'm not the only one who picked T8(welcome to T10 MM) and CV's.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,048 posts
6,739 battles
2 hours ago, LightningWaffle said:

Life has gotten in my way, and I'm now a DadWaffle, but I'm still loving this game. However....I wanna know some things from you guys. It's been a long time since I took a proper look at the ship roster and picked out the worst of the worst. I know there's been a few meta shifts, and since there are new lines and all, I wanted to see if people's opinions on ships have changed. I don't want to create a poll listing every single ship, so I'll just ask you guys point blank: What ships do you hate playing the most? I don't wanna know about your premiums, as we know there's more than a few stinkers in there, but what tech tree ships made you grit your teeth or wear a new dent in your desk from all the fist-slamming. What makes it so bad for you? What did you end up doing? That sort of thing.

There are a couple polls attached with this, more for the sake of knowledge than anything else, but the Waffle reeeaaallly wants to know what was/is/will be the worst for you.

"I'm now a DadWaffle" has to be one of the best phrases ive ever had the pleasure of reading, as for my most hated ships, currently FDG is my annoying ship, maybe its because im still on the stock hull, maybe its because i dont want to take it out due to the risk of USN CVs with AP bombs, seriously, i assume every player in a German BB that sees a USN CV on the enemy team just craps themselves and are just hoping that CV isnt running AP bombs, also DDs, its not that i hate them so much as i dont like the play style they seem to require, ie not always being in the heat of battle like BBs and cruisers can be constantly brawling

Edited by tcbaker777

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,805 posts
10,309 battles

I'm surprised T2 is getting so much hate, yeah it's bottom tier too much but... it's 2,400 XP to grind not 165,000 XP.

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Now, if you want to know what ship, make a poll with only Myogi <ptui> as an option.

You mean the one you wanted to show off in?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Then again, I am beginning to grow a hatred of the Pepsi.

But I hate playing against CV's.  Don't like any game that has one in it.

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

I wan't showing off, I was asking for help.  (Actually, I did pretty well in that battle, as best I understood it.  See my post immediately after that post. E.g. performed a perfect Notser.)

Please note, btw, that Zath spends the first 5 minutes of the vid venting his hatred of Myogi before turning to my screw-ups.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF9]
Members
3,241 posts

I don't hate any tier per se- I have fun in all of them.   Tier 6 probably comes closest to it. though.   Those ships see a boatload of tier 8 games, and many of them aren't the greatest at uptiering.  (La Glass, I'm looking at YOU!)  Many of the ships there are my least favorite in their respective lines, and it really felt like a GRIND to get through.

There are some specific ships and some lines I just can't stand to play though:

Iron Dork:  By now, the HE spam playstyle has worn very thin, and I just didn't enjoy my time in it.   Essentially the same ship as Orion- but it faces crappy tier 5 mm.   It just felt blah and bland.   The turret traverse- or lack there-of to be specific- had me tearing my hair out most of the time.  As a tier 5, it also "gets" to deal with Scharnhorst spam in every freaking game...   I truly hate that ship, too- even though I've never played it.   When I finally got enough xp to research Queen Elizabeth, I sold it immediately.

Oddly enough, I kind of like The Queen, lol.

Jurien.  Yesterday I misread the tech tree, and played a bunch of games in this to research the T3 BB.   I was not pleased when I went to buy it, and found out I'd just ground out the wrong frigging ship...:Smile_facepalm:    I remember liking it before, but yesterday it just felt sluggish.   The slow reload meant I ended up with nothin much of the time, as the DPM ships dominated every match.   If I needed port slots (I don't- every time I buy a ship, I seem to win more, lol), or if it was worth anything I'd sell it.    Nice to look at- performs like butt.  That about sums it up.  (Just like the New RUS premium we all just won, come to think of it)

On the bright side, I had an excuse to play my Friant again!  Now THAT ship can dominate matches!

Kongo.  I know it has it's legion of fanboys on here, but I am the odd duck who couldn't stand the ship.  Great range- horrible accuracy at those ranges.   Means you need to move up closer- where the actual BB's with much better armor live.   Also, I could not get used to the weird placement of the 2 aft turrets- how spread out they are.   For me, it just caused those shells to come in at odd angles, and bounce a LOT.   Caused me to ragequit IJN BB's for the longest time, and I still haven't played my Fuso yet.

La Glass.  I LOVED the other French cruisers- this one was a big NOPE!   A seagull crapping on it is enough for it to explode...   VS tier 6-8 aimbots, it hardly stood a chance.  Certainly didn't help that I spawned front and center every game- so was the first ship the reds saw.   Free XD'd through it to Algerie- and found love again!  ( I LIKE my heavy cruisers, so... lol)

Cleveland.  I WANTED to love this ship.  I TRIED to love this ship.   But I couldn't.  Instead, it fills me with the urge to defecate.   It certainly doesn't help that I was in the early stages of grinding it when the nerf bat was hitting it again and again...   Those awful shell arcs...  The clumsy handling, due to it's size...   I'm seriously considering not bothering with the new US CL's coming up, as they're all going to be essentially versions of this.

Gnevny.   Was kind of fun at tier 5, then the split happened and now it's a tier 6.  No improvements, mind you- just gets to see tier 8's, a LOT.   Not a lot to say about this one, it just isn't that memorable.   Just a generic Soviet DD, and I keep looking for the Acme logo on it, lol.   The suicide range torpedoes have gotten old at this point, as well.

Stinky tier 6 mm made a lot of these less fun to play than they could have been.  Even NM was my least favorite USN BB- and that's my favorite line.   LOVED C hull Furutaka- hated Aoba, etc.   The only real exceptions so far were Farragut and Nurnberg- I LOVE those ships.

Russian Cruisers.   Svetlana was a joy to play, and It still comes out to play now and then.   Everything after is just...  Blah.   Great guns, but they're SO freaking fragile.  I eventually got a handle on Kirov, but I didn't like it much.   Buddyony just killed it for me- I REALLY don't like that ship, and have stopped bothering to grind it.   The rest of the line up thru tier 9 is just more of the same.   So, no reason to FXP through it, either.

British cruisers.  Between the stupid AP only quirk, the heavy reliance on consumables, and the sheer fragility of them, I just gave up on Leander.   Emerald was about all I could stand of that, and when Leander proved to be more of it, I pulled the plug.

Japanese DD's.  I don't hate them, they're just not for me.  I found a home in US DD's and never looked back.

I guess it's just because I've found my niche lines- the ones that appeal to me most.  US BB's, DD's and CA's; French cruisers and BB's;  German cruisers (and probably DD's when I get around to it); and Russian DD's.   Hood, Duke of York, and Queen E are also ships I love to play, and I really want King George.   Don't really care past that point, though.   Because of that, I tend to have less interest in other lines.