Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

World OF Warships Olympics

8 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

I think it would be fun to have a world of Warships Olympics. You would have events to enter for example an obstacle course where you would have to maneuver around and through islands and wrecks. You have to keep your ship in between the lines if part of it goes past the barrier then you are assessed a time penalty. The course should be set up to where you can't just go full speed, there should be sharp turns which require you to lower your speed, etc. During the course, targets will pop up. You will get points for hitting the target and accuracy bonuses. 

Another event would be how many aircraft can you shoot down before you are sunk. You could have waves of CV planes that start off really weak and get progressively harder AND smarter.

A third event could be how much damage can you do before you are destroyed. Like the aircraft event, waves of bots would come, each wave less spread out and better shooting.

Wargaming would keep track of server stats and prized would be awarded. The top 10% on the server would win gold, the top 20% would win Silver, the Top 30% would win Bronze. Obviously, it would be a class-based event, (Oh Dennis there you go bringing class into it again) Battleships vs battleships, cruisers vs cruisers, etc. Maybe an open class event could be designed where a battleship will finish the course WAY behind a destroyer but the damage it inflicts on the targets could make up for it....most events would be individual and the server would keep track of the times and scores.

You could have team events as well with three-man divisions competing. A page on the forums listing the winners and scores for bragging rights.

What do you think World Of Warships community? If you can think of any other events please feel free to add them. I think this could be a fun way to play a competitive event without all the toxicity we see in ranked and clan wars. Just an idea that came into my head.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
23 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think it would be fun to have a world of Warships Paralympics.

Fixed it for you. You'd get a larger participation rate. 

[BLHK]
Members
354 posts
3,457 battles

Put me down for either

Leaping to a conclusion or

Flying off the handle.

And maybe we could have rage quitting as a demonstration sport

• Funny 2

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
6 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Put me down for either

Leaping to a conclusion or

Flying off the handle.

Stiff competition in those events, try something where the entries are lower like smoking allies, or non-suicidal pushing for BBs.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
354 posts
3,457 battles
2 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Stiff competition in those events, try something where the entries are lower like smoking allies, or non-suicidal pushing for BBs.

Actually dodge ball with friendly torpedoes would be pretty competitive as well

[WOLF3]
Members
6,478 posts
2,422 battles

Must include a version of Mousie's Death Race.

Sign in to follow this