You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sou1forge

Can You Rank Out With Gearing?

6 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Members
217 posts
2,837 battles

Not in the sense of "is it possible". Yes, it's possible to rank out with nothing but a Grozovoi and a prayer. I mean is it probable. I'm at rank 8ish now, do above average in my Gearing, but I am concerned that the 5-1 grind (or 5-whichever rank it is that gives me that radar module) is going to be a bit of a mess when Yueyang/Z-52 players get their act together, kinda like trying to rank out with a Benson last season. 

Lets be real people who are at that level. If I queued up with you in my Gearing would you hate me for it? If so I'll find some happy rank to settle down at and farm up the Yueyang tree. I just don't want to spend my limited time grinding s near impossible task.

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,751 battles

LOL..you are well above avg in the Gearing (better than me, for sure) in Randoms, so I think you have just as good a chance in it as anyone.

Gearing is a gud bote for Ranked. Maybe not the best, but I don't know of anyone who has a problem with it.

Edited by sbcptnitro

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

Gearing is capable but it is hard to compete with Z-52 and Yueyang unless you get some good torpedo shots off.

[SF-3]
Members
1,521 posts
8,114 battles

I would think it depends on how well you play. I feel like Z52 is the best all around ship for ranked, then YY, then gearing. So if you are good you should have no problems. Big thing I have noticed this season so far is a lot less dds, more BBs and CAs.

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,003 battles

A guy in my clan did it with Gearing.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,657 battles

I don't mind any ship on my team as long as the player knows how to use it. Gearing has good-enough concealment, good torps, good speed, and very good smoke. Don't try to play cap games with Z-52, open water hide-and-seek with YY, or spot-fu duel with Shimakaze. Smoke your Zao, throw torps into high traffic lanes, and mug YYs that try to play island games, you'll do great.