You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MannyD_of_The_Sea

Permacamo Suggestion

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,064 posts
5,960 battles

I put it in this section rather than the suggestion section, due to reader traffic. Anyway:

ONE permacamo for ALL T5 and below ships, 1000 doubloons. Bonuses commensurate with the other few T5 permacamos that presently exist.

1. Relatively cheap, and the universal applicability of the camo provides value to the buyer.

2. Good for saving the various high-XP/Free XP/Credit bonus camos for higher tiers where they pay off better.

3. PVP mains can use it in co-op (stock grinds, etc.) and still save the other higher-bonus camos for PVP modes.

4. PVE/Co-op mains get to hang on to their high-bonus camos longer, since they mow through Co-op battles at a higher rate.

5. Allows PVE/Co-op mains and low-tier PVP mains opportunity to bridge the gap when they're "camo starved" due to lower earnings, etc.

Is this a thing the player base would want to purchase? I know I'll probably never run out of Type 1, 2, or 5 camo (dispersion & concealment only camos) myself, (because I always pick the flag & camo daily containers) but I always am choosy about using the higher bonus camos. A cheap universal permacamo would speed up stock grinds on new line starts,etc.

You who are "mostly" F2P and don't keep premium time rolling, would a universal low-tier permacamo speed up the grind?

Purists: Is speeding up the low-tier grind a bad thing?

• Cool 1

Members
142 posts

I would like more universal permanent camouflage simply because I'll never, ever pay real money for consumables. That's too far for me.

But as long as it never goes away, I'd consider it for ships I like.

Heck, I think a T4 camo for Kuma could be fun, as long as it were reasonably priced.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Think it's ok. T5 would be 500 gold, T4 250 gold and yep, it adds up for about 1k for all ships up to T5.

While it wouldn't be a deal for me since I sold most non premium below T6 there are many players who keep theirs and like to play them.

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Yeah, I would buy perma camo for under T5 also. However, your pricing seems a little low, especially if it encompasses every single ship.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Actually I have always thought that ANY camo you have should have the ability to be made permanent...pay like 500 or 1000 doubloons and you make it permanent (AND for ship you own.   WG makes some cash and if happen to get a camo you like and have the doubloons...its yours.

Edited by nagasakee

Members
1,064 posts
5,960 battles
30 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

However, your pricing seems a little low, especially if it encompasses every single ship.

Well, the gains are small compared to higher tiers, almost not worth it for individual ship camo purchases. You also have to consider: how many Tier 5 ships would really be keepers/long term players to make an individual permacamo purchase worthwhile?

I think if WG thought there was a market for sub-1000 dub permacamos for individual ships at T5 and below, they'd be selling them already.

And below a certain transaction amount, the fee charged by a credit card company per purchase means WG makes no money...

So, my thinking is:

Universal utility + low per ship cost = Something folks would buy = A tranaction WG can make a profit on = Something WG would sell.

Nothing more than that, really.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles
2 hours ago, Poharan said:

I would like more universal permanent camouflage simply because I'll never, ever pay real money for consumables. That's too far for me.

Hmm??  But Perm Camo *is* real $$ for consumables.  You just pay up front instead of dribbling out the gold.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

Universal camo means one purchase to cover all tech tree ships below T6, all for one low low price?  No.  Nuh-uh. 

Members
142 posts
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Hmm??  But Perm Camo *is* real $$ for consumables.  You just pay up front instead of dribbling out the gold.

Maybe I used the wrong word. By consumables, I mean things that you use up, things that go away.

One match camouflage, signal flags, premium time. That kind of thing I won't pay for.

But stuff that sticks around -- ships, permanent camouflage, port slots. That kind of thing I'll consider buying.

Members
9,957 posts

Sorry, below T5 should be credits.....Just no real reason for them, other than convenience. 

You'd have to be crazy to pay 1000 doubloons for a ship you can use Better temp camo on, and complete faster.

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts
12 hours ago, awiggin said:

Sorry, below T5 should be credits.....Just no real reason for them, other than convenience. 

You'd have to be crazy to pay 1000 doubloons for a ship you can use Better temp camo on, and complete faster.

Not everyone plays high tier ships, and how others spend their money is not up to you. Wakatake, St Louis and Nassau have perma camos from the Halloween event, all with similar bonuses to a T6 perma camo. If they can have it then I don't see why the other low tier ships can't either.