Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PapaBill66

Players just collecting points.

16 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
274 battles

Is there anything to do about players that just sit there and sometimes fire their gun at the water?

Had a guy just stay in the same place the whole time and randomly shoot at the exact same spot nearly hitting other players.

He ended up dying in the end, after the others killed us then went after him, he was a sitting duck.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
Just now, PapaBill66 said:

Is there anything to do about players that just sit there and sometimes fire their gun at the water?

Had a guy just stay in the same place the whole time and randomly shoot at the exact same spot nearly hitting other players.

He ended up dying in the end, after the others killed us then went after him, he was a sitting duck.

He was an AutoBot...  Meaning he had a software that played his ship for him when he wasn't manning it... Just to rack up some minimum XP.     We used to have a report function for that, now the new AFK system *hopefully* picks it up.

Some of the better progams actually play the ship, moving around and engaging targets... The crappy ones just go into battle, and sit there, shooting every once and awhile.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
274 battles
3 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

He was an AutoBot...  Meaning he had a software that played his ship for him when he wasn't manning it... Just to rack up some minimum XP.     We used to have a report function for that, now the new AFK system *hopefully* picks it up.

Some of the better progams actually play the ship, moving around and engaging targets... The crappy ones just go into battle, and sit there, shooting every once and awhile.

Thanx for the quick reply...

Just gonna have to watch out for him then, JK87 was the name.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
6 minutes ago, PapaBill66 said:

Just gonna have to watch out for him then,  [edited] was the name.

Just FYI, you might want to edit out the name from your post. WG's EULA and forum rules state you cannot "name and shame"

Edited by daVinci761st

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
Just now, PapaBill66 said:

Just gonna have to watch out for him then, XXXXX was the name.

Ooops..  Better edit your reply and take out the players name.   "Name and Shame" is against forum rules, and the moderators are pretty strict about it.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles
2 minutes ago, PapaBill66 said:

Just gonna have to watch out for him then, .... was the name.

You better edit that name out since it's called naming and shaming and that could earn your a strike and a forum ban. If you have replays enabled you may open a ticket with support and send it to them.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
1 minute ago, daVinci761st said:

Just FYI, you might want to edit out the name from your post. WG's EULA and forum rules state you cannot "name and shame"

And yet you left the name in by quoting the OP.......

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
9 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

And yet you left the name in by quoting the OP.......

Edited and fixed. 

I feel like an idiot, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
3 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I detected no shaming in the post. The only shame is that he who shan't be named is using a bot.

• Cool 1

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Encountered a similar thing with a BB last night, he just sailed south past our spawn randomly firing, never hitting anything. Tried talking to him in chat, no response of course. Could have been a non english speaking super potato, but I'm pretty sure it was a bot.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I detected no shaming in the post. The only shame is that he who shan't be named is using a bot.

Unless WG has changed their stance, then accusing a player of being a bot and posting their name is still considered "naming and shaming" per the forum rules and EULA.

I know this first hand because I did a similar post when I was a new player a couple of years ago complaining about bots in a game and a WG moderator informed me that I was not allowed to name the player.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
5 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Unless WG has changed their stance, then accusing a player of being a bot and posting their name is still considered "naming and shaming" per the forum rules and EULA.

I know I was being sarcastic about what WG considers shaming and what everyone else thinks. For me stating facts isn't shaming and bots don't feel shame same as Vulcans.

shame
SHām/
verb
gerund or present participle: shaming
  1. (of a person, action, or situation) make (someone) feel ashamed.
    "I tried to shame him into giving some away"
    synonyms: humiliate, mortify, chagrin, embarrass, abash, chasten, humble, take down a peg or two, cut down to size; More
    informalshow up, make someone eat crow
    "he was shamed in public"
    • bring shame to.
      "the entire debacle has shamed our community"
      synonyms: disgrace, dishonor, discredit, degrade, debase; More
      stigmatize, taint, sully, tarnish, besmirch, blacken, drag through the mud
      "you shamed your family's name"
      antonyms: honor
    • cause (someone) to feel ashamed or inadequate by outdoing or surpassing them.
      "she shames me with her eighty-year-old energy"

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,859 posts
12,603 battles

Since you are on the forum report the player name to WG staff member no shaming there

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
14 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I know I was being sarcastic about what WG considers shaming and what everyone else thinks. For me stating facts isn't shaming and bots don't feel shame same as Vulcans.

shame
SHām/
verb
gerund or present participle: shaming
  1. (of a person, action, or situation) make (someone) feel ashamed.
    "I tried to shame him into giving some away"
    synonyms: humiliate, mortify, chagrin, embarrass, abash, chasten, humble, take down a peg or two, cut down to size; More
    informalshow up, make someone eat crow
    "he was shamed in public"
    • bring shame to.
      "the entire debacle has shamed our community"
      synonyms: disgrace, dishonor, discredit, degrade, debase; More
      stigmatize, taint, sully, tarnish, besmirch, blacken, drag through the mud
      "you shamed your family's name"
      antonyms: honor
    • cause (someone) to feel ashamed or inadequate by outdoing or surpassing them.
      "she shames me with her eighty-year-old energy"

Dag gum it. My sarcasm meter be broke again. :Smile_teethhappy: I blame the misses. She gets me good, quite often.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,375 battles

If you have a replay, open a ticket and report it.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Send a report in game. Get proof, send a ticket. Nothing more you can do.

Sign in to follow this