Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Why only earn Emblems Tier 8-10?

15 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Just curious as to exactly why Emblems need to be restricted to only being earned tiers VIII-X? Might be nice to earn them tiers V-X, just like the tiers many missions require. Tier VIII-X playerbase can become unplayable at times while mid tiers are still ok and vice versa. Currently my High  tier MM is cursed today with teams that all melt despite doing 6 figure damage totals, so got thinking about this. For one thing might help with the high tier HE spamming RN BB numbers since the mid tier BBs are great with the AP.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If the new emblems are only earnable by playing tiers 5-7, then I'm on board. Otherwise, just keep playing tier 10 and easily unlock everything below, and what's the point?

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,781 battles

I would imagine it is an incentive for people to play the higher tier ships, an end-game reward of sorts.  The patches and backgrounds you can get from lower-tier matches, missions, crates, etc... I believe, but the Emblems are for Tiers 8-10 play.

World of Tanks has a different system, where you got 1 barrel stripe/star/mark (depending upon nation of the tank) for being in the top damage percentage in that tank (in the last 100 battles).  1 mark is top 65%, 2 marks top 85% and 3 marks top 95% (if I remember correctly).  They are permanent, and once you get them, you can't lose them.

Since, unlike most MMO's (where it's a race to reach max level and you never play low or mid tier again), WoWs and WoT need to give players a reason to keep grinding and playing Tier 10's, even though they are not profitable to run (and often times not the most fun). :Smile_sad:

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles

There has to be some way to get people to play tier 10 and I guess Patches are it, as for me, I don't need no stinkin Patches.

[-TKS-]
Members
301 posts
5,950 battles

im confused what do emblems have to do with spamming BB's? 

I dont think its hard to figure out its a structured reward . I dont think i ran into someone actually playing to get a emblem. its possible though .  I think i unlocked a couple 1 for sure dont really pay attention to it. 

Cant you get emblems from playing co-op and wouldn't be easier to get it that way?

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,781 battles
5 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I dont think its hard to figure out its a structured reward . I dont think i ran into someone actually playing to get a emblem. its possible though .  I think i unlocked a couple 1 for sure dont really pay attention to it. 

Cant you get emblems from playing co-op and wouldn't be easier to get it that way?

AFAIK, you can only get the "Emblems" (not the patches) from Tier 8-10 Random Battles, finishing in the Top 3 on the Winning Team and some for having Average Damage Totals above certain numbers.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
16 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Some people dislike the high tier British BBs in many of the battles spamming HE since it’s highly effective for them. If you want the Royal Navy Emblems for being in top 3 XP earners it’s also a good way to get those. But if it was tiers 5-10 then it might reduce the high tier fire spamming thanks to the fact the mid tier RN BBs are able to use AP quite effectively. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,862 posts
19,048 battles

Only the Best of the Best will get those fancy emblems .  I guess it's to kind of force to to play tier and higher if you really want those emblems make's sense 

[DAY]
Members
1,179 posts
11,719 battles

XP emblems i can agree

raw damage number emblems........i am not sure if i can still reach the numbers if my T7 and below averages are mixed in....

lower tier ships naturally have lower average damage values

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
5 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

XP emblems i can agree

raw damage number emblems........i am not sure if i can still reach the numbers if my T7 and below averages are mixed in....

lower tier ships naturally have lower average damage values

Lol I actually have managed to more consistently put up 6 digit damage totals in mid tiers than my X ship. When X teams scatter all over the map and you start doing good damage then you get focused on all too quickly in tier X.

[SIDE]
Members
1,251 posts
8,868 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There has to be some way to get people to play tier 10 and I guess Patches are it, as for me, I don't need no stinkin Patches.

Guess you're stuck with that axe then. 

Edited by _Rumple_

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,088 posts
14,482 battles

The emblems for Tier VIII-X requirements are there to encourage people to play VIII-X.  This is nothing unusual.  We've long had Campaign Missions requiring that tier range.  We've even had small event missions with those requirements.

Also, farming a lot of damage doesn't mean you did something useful towards victory.  So you set some fires on Battleships.  Okay nice, but how is that bringing the team closer to victory?  Because those Battleships can take that punishment.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
2 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Guess you're stuck with that axe then. 

Yup never would take the time to change it.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

They're trying to incentivize people playing those tiers.  The more they give you at low tiers, the fewer reasons you have to put up with the [edited] at high tiers.

Sign in to follow this