You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Adjustment for Tier 5 carriers in matchmaking.

61 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

There seems to be a lot of low tier CV gameplay lately and I have had several matches where there were two CV's on each team a tier 5 and a tier 6.  Needless to say, the tier 5 carriers are at a HUGE disadvantage not being able to drop ordinance manually or strafe enemy planes. Instead of asking for protected matchmaking, here is what I propose.

In games where a tier 5 CV is matched with a tier 6 CV, manual dropping and strafing are unlocked. This would also make the tier 5 CV's a transitional carrier where players would start learning how to do manual drops and strafe in those games where they are paired with a tier 6 CV. 

• Cool 2

Members
9,985 posts

Or, simply drop the poorly thought out 2 carrier per match rule? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,539 battles
38 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Or, simply drop the poorly thought out 2 carrier per match rule? :Smile_teethhappy:

Used to be worse, I remember games with 4 CVs on one side and 2 on the other, heck they used to be able to division early on, 3 CV division was something nightmares were made of

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

In games where a tier 5 CV is matched with a tier 6 CV, manual dropping and strafing are unlocked.

OR ... just remove manual drops and strafing from all carriers; much simpler and problem solved!

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,087 battles

A good idea but with the CV revamp in progress making changes to the current CV's is a waste of resources.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
59 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Used to be worse, I remember games with 4 CVs on one side and 2 on the other, heck they used to be able to division early on, 3 CV division was something nightmares were made of

lol where were games like that when I was in my Atlanta!!!!!!

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

Don't you mean: 2 CVs vs 0 CVs? I would support limiting Tier IV and V to only those two tiers though because they are at a horrible disadvantage since they can't do anything.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,039 posts
11,230 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

OR ... just remove manual drops and strafing from all carriers; much simpler and problem solved!

Yay! Lets remove the main guns from all ships too! problem solved!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
5 hours ago, Belthorian said:

lol where were games like that when I was in my Atlanta!!!!!!

relive the glory days, but divving up with a hosho/langley buddy and another Texas...in your Texas.

[RNJR]
Members
208 posts
4,227 battles
17 hours ago, Umikami said:

Only if you remove the "Shift key" for everyone else. No manual gun aim for anyone.

[NOBS]
Members
551 posts
5,967 battles
16 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Oh, the Canadian Navy!

Members
66 posts
2,037 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

And torpedos too. Only Roman Empire style catapults allowed.

[LHG]
Members
1,194 posts
4,985 battles
15 minutes ago, Komarov60 said:

And torpedos too. Only Roman Empire style catapults allowed.

Catapults? What treachery is this?

Trebuchets only.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

OR ... just remove auto-drops and add the already existing CV tutorials; much simpler and problem solved!

I think I fixed that for you @Umikami:cap_haloween:

Guys, I think this looks better. 

PS, here is the original post

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
1 minute ago, Flashtirade said:

Catapults? What treachery is this?

Trebuchets only.

Trebuchets? Seriously, who are you? 

Guys throwing rocks only. 

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[LHG]
Members
1,194 posts
4,985 battles
Just now, GabeTheDespot said:

Guys throwing rocks only. 

Why so barbaric? We must fight like modern men, by sending cease & desist notices and pursuing litigation.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
3 hours ago, GabeTheDespot said:

I think I fixed that for you @Umikami:cap_haloween:

Guys, I think this looks better. 

PS, here is the original post

When are you guys going to realize that manual drops are one of the main reasons the CV player population continues to decline?

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
32 minutes ago, Umikami said:

When are you guys going to realize that manual drops are one of the main reasons the CV player population continues to decline?

No, it isn’t, the lack of people learning to use these attacks is what is causing it to decline, strafing, fair enough, so long it is replaced with a different alt attack, manual drops are easy to do, they just need practice, like aiming. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
16 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

No, it isn’t, the lack of people learning to use these attacks is what is causing it to decline, strafing, fair enough, so long it is replaced with a different alt attack, manual drops are easy to do, they just need practice, like aiming. 

I guess we'll see what WoWs opinion is ... after the re-vamp.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,707 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

I guess we'll see what WoWs opinion is ... after the re-vamp.

The rework and the current manual drops are two different topics, the rework is changing the way CV are played as a whole not just one or two things. They are going from a RTS to action style CV game play that there alone changes the way CV are played now. Come the rework yes manual drops might not be in it but a new way off doing the drop might take it's place and seeing as we have been told we can control one squad at a time and target what part off the ship we want to damage still sounds like manual drops will be in there just a different way of doing it.

Can you prove that manual drops is one of the main reason the CV player population continues to decline?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
6 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

Can you prove that manual drops is one of the main reason the CV player population continues to decline?

Not to someone with a closed mind.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
9 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

I will say the devs don't like that carriers have two different ways of doing the same thing. So they're likely going to remove one and improve the other.

My bet is on removing manual attacks and improving auto drops, as this reduces the micromanagement that is required to play carriers and makes them more appealing to more people.

It's simply logic. More people playing carriers would mean more people who would consider buying a premium carrier.

"But what about the players who mastered manual drops!?" you are about to say.

To which I respond with: What about the players who mastered OWSF?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,707 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I will say the devs don't like that carriers have two different ways of doing the same thing. So they're likely going to remove one and improve the other.

My bet is on removing manual attacks and improving auto drops, as this reduces the micromanagement that is required to play carriers and makes them more appealing to more people.

It's simply logic. More people playing carriers would mean more people who would consider buying a premium carrier.

From the sounds off the info we have been told and know it sounds like it's going to be somewhere in the middle of the two or you aim, lead and shot like you do in a ship, so people that are used to playing BB can move to CV and be used to the aiming/dropping already. We know you can target what part of the ship you want to damage the question is how?, will it be as you control a squad of DB and when you go to strike a ship points light up on it and you click and it drops it there so it's fully auto or is it you have to lead like you would if shooting from a BB and give time to come in for the drop to hit where you want to and once you click to drop thats it you can't change it same as if you shot from a ship.

Same with TB once you start the drop you cant change it at the last second like you can now your planes are stuck on the drop you gave it, it's anyone's guess at the moment on how they plan to do it or even the rework we have only been told a very small bit of info, there is to much info missing to come to any real idea off how CV will do their drops in the rework.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,707 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not to someone with a closed mind.

I was open to you giving some sort of proof to backup your claim about manual drops, if you can't that's fine.

Members
475 posts
5,729 battles
23 hours ago, Umikami said:

Exactly. This solves all the problems.