Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

I think I Like the French BB Line a Bit Too Much

38 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles

When you start to "hon hon hon" in chat, then proceed to get called a hacker by a Fiji and Mogami. 

shot-18_05.15_10_49.19-0313.jpg.cea059bdf1dec96ef8e8b7e4fc713029.jpg

shot-18_05.15_10_56.27-0717.thumb.jpg.aea394ea26c0013c226371657afe375c.jpg

This ship is just pure fun. Can't wait for Alsace!

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Richelieu is a good girl

Richelieu.(Kantai.Collection).full.2132915.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Alsace is even BETTER! I loved it. Go secondary build on her. She's a real brawler and can push people away from you.

• Cool 1

Members
327 posts
9,525 battles

I find it hard not to play the Alsace. I absolutely love this ship. just wait til you get yours. I like the Republique, but the Alsace is way better in my hands. 

It was the most enjoyable grind in any tree. even beat out the fletcher to the gearing

Members
4,840 posts
5,599 battles

I don't play BBs much anymore, but I do really want to play the Richelieu and Alsace. However, I don't really want to have to play through the Normandie and Lyon to get to Richelieu(I have Normandie in port from the missions before the line released).

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
11 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Alsace is even BETTER! I loved it. Go secondary build on her. She's a real brawler and can push people away from you.

Seems to be the case that Alsace is better than Republique.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

I don't play BBs much anymore, but I do really want to play the Richelieu and Alsace. However, I don't really want to have to play through the Normandie and Lyon to get to Richelieu(I have Normandie in port from the missions before the line released).

I enjoyed Normandie and Lyon. There were times where the over penetrations were starting to get out of hand, however Lyon's 16 gun salvos and Normandie's ridiculous speed at tier 6 made it very enjoyable. I'd recommend it, especially since you already have Normandie.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Dunkerque, Normandie, and Lyon are all great ships to play. Their 340mm guns feel great and each ship is quite maneuverable. I didn't plan on playing Normandie or Lyon because I Free XPed from Normandie to Richelieu. I went back for some reason and ended up enjoying them.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

I enjoyed Normandie and Lyon. There were times where the over penetrations were starting to get out of hand, however Lyon's 16 gun salvos and Normandie's ridiculous speed at tier 6 made it very enjoyable. I'd recommend it, especially since you already have Normandie.

Exactly the same. I wasn't a BIG fan of Richelieu, but it still had it's fun moments, not a bad ship by any means... however I enjoyed Normandie and Lyon even more! I can't wait to have the credits to upgrade my Alsace modules, bought it and the Des Moines at the same time, upgraded them, now I'm too broke for modules :/

Members
4,840 posts
5,599 battles
11 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

9 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Dunkerque, Normandie, and Lyon are all great ships to play. Their 340mm guns feel great and each ship is quite maneuverable. I didn't plan on playing Normandie or Lyon because I Free XPed from Normandie to Richelieu. I went back for some reason and ended up enjoying them.

It's really less of whether or not the T6 an d T7 are good ships, bur more of me only taking out a battleship when I'm struck with the mood to do so, and me not really wanting to have to grind through T6 and T7 to get to the ships I'd like to play.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
14 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Seems to be the case that Alsace is better than Republique.

I agree. I have the Republique, and the one thing I like better about it than the Alsace is that it get's more citadels, has a faster reload,  and has better AA.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

It's really less of whether or not the T6 an d T7 are good ships, bur more of me only taking out a battleship when I'm struck with the mood to do so, and me not really wanting to have to grind through T6 and T7 to get to the ships I'd like to play.

Once you play them, you will understand them like all ships. Or $$$ Free XP and skip like I did.

Members
4,840 posts
5,599 battles
5 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Once you play them, you will understand them like all ships. Or $$$ Free XP and skip like I did.

I do have over 200k free exp sitting around, so that's certainly an option since I only ever use free exp to get out of stock ships before ever playing them.

[UCF]
[UCF]
Members
21 posts
5,712 battles

I love Richelieu but the Lyon was surprisingly fun. AA specced it for fun and the 90 something AA rating really makes CVs salty, even Saipan.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

Richelieu is a good girl

Richelieu.(Kantai.Collection).full.2132915.jpg

WEEB :Smile-_tongue:

(P.S. where is that from I need to know for "research" purposes)

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
5 minutes ago, knightmagi said:

I love Richelieu but the Lyon was surprisingly fun. AA specced it for fun and the 90 something AA rating really makes CVs salty, even Saipan.

funnily enough all tier VII battleships have good AA even the Nagato.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

WEEB :Smile-_tongue:

(P.S. where is that from I need to know for "research" purposes)

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Richelieu

Kantai Collection is a game and its Wikipedia has some interesting facts about Ship(girls)

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
2 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

funnily enough all tier VII battleships have good AA even the Nagato.

AA spec Gneisenau is downright criminal, i love it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,850 posts
9,604 battles
1 hour ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Make sure to pick IFHE for the 100mm on Alsace. Absolutely savage in raw damage and you will still start plenty of fires.

I've had games where secondaries and fires, since I only shot AP that game, got 60,000 in damage while my mains did 100,000.

Richie isn't quite worth sticking IFHE on IMHO.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

figured it was either that or Azur lane

Azur Lane doesn't have France yet, except for Saint Louis from the WG collab.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

Make sure to pick IFHE for the 100mm on Alsace. Absolutely savage in raw damage and you will still start plenty of fires.

I've had games where secondaries and fires, since I only shot AP that game, got 60,000 in damage while my mains did 100,000.

Richie isn't quite worth sticking IFHE on IMHO.

I find that making U-Turns works out well for me... because I fear getting rammed

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I find that making U-Turns works out well for me... because I fear getting rammed

Don't you know? Richelieu is the best torpedo in the game!!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Play the Normandie, it is a MONSTER. in 17 games in the Normandie 4 have been Krackens, I have an 82% win rate 9.3 kill/death ratio and 1733 WTR in her. She is light years better than the Lyon.....but even it is not bad with a decent captain.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
12 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Don't you know? Richelieu is the best torpedo in the game!!

Those are the Clevelands that stops right in front of my Dunkerque and the Des Moises that stops in front of my Richelieu.

Sign in to follow this