You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jottunheim

The Lottery, Ranked and the I.BB.C.C. and you

10 comments in this topic

[JSG]
[JSG]
Members
71 posts
8,631 battles

Ranked has degenerated into a play ground for the I.BB.C.C (international battleship Camping Club). What makes it even worse is that its a lottery pure and simple. So if you like BBs and the lottery its for you. However if you like cruisers and destroyers good luck getting anywhere. Potato BBs are every where telling DDs what to do and where to go because they don't have the ballsack to do it themselves and quite often will do the opposite of what they asked you to do. So many people are reaping rewards of of the I.BB.C.C. sitting back trying only to farm damage for themselves or hiding behind rocks (well known past time of I.BB.C.C. members). as a dd captain its not worth the aggravation of potato lottery. Stronger experiance rwards need to be given to CA and CL and DDs to make them viable in ranked people should WANT TO PLAY A CA AND DD. I have had many games like this and it just goes to show you you cant win for trying.

shot-18.05.03_19.01.08-0090.jpg

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,755 battles
11 minutes ago, Jottunheim said:

Ranked has degenerated into a play ground for the I.BB.C.C (international battleship Camping Club). What makes it even worse is that its a lottery pure and simple. So if you like BBs and the lottery its for you. However if you like cruisers and destroyers good luck getting anywhere. Potato BBs are every where telling DDs what to do and where to go because they don't have the ballsack to do it themselves and quite often will do the opposite of what they asked you to do. So many people are reaping rewards of of the I.BB.C.C. sitting back trying only to farm damage for themselves or hiding behind rocks (well known past time of I.BB.C.C. members). as a dd captain its not worth the aggravation of potato lottery. Stronger experiance rwards need to be given to CA and CL and DDs to make them viable in ranked people should WANT TO PLAY A CA AND DD. I have had many games like this and it just goes to show you you cant win for trying.

Talk about farming damage shall we....

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles

Here's how you win a Ranked battle in a destroyer (the cursed Asashio, no less, proving she's more than just a back-rank torp spammer). So I don't have much faith in the argument that destroyers are a doomed cause.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,618 battles

there should be an algorithm that if people report you for inactivity in ranked the algo will determine how much time you spent moving, distance covered, distance played from the cap etc...

and then if you get three stirkes your account is locked out of ranked foir the season.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,268 battles
43 minutes ago, Jottunheim said:

Great avatar!  Who is she?

Members
271 posts
9,615 battles

Wait, I thought it was the damage farming cruisers that were the root of all evil? Or was that yesterdays forum outrage?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles

I've had more than one Ranked match thrown by bad battleship play. It's like they come into the competitive mode and don't want to win. In the competitive mode.

97k damage, 3 caps captured, only for our North Carolina to throw it all away via "You can't tell me what to do, you're a garbage DD player"

I was the #1 EXP earner in that match and still lost a star.

But apparently the bottom-rung North Carolina who decided it was a good idea to ignore the 1200 health broadside Atago at 6km , and instead shoot at the 3/4ths health bow-on Alabama at 5km while also avoiding ramming said Alabama and getting sunk in the joust with said Alabama + Atago's torpedoes, leaving our Edinburgh in a 2v1 with a nearly full health battleship is the good player.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

Been doing my best games in DDs but then again I have only done 4 battles in rank (as in stinky) battles this season. The crappiness and frustrations of other seasons has made it something that I loathe, instead of something I can look forward to. I want to own the ships (Flint and Black) very much, not enough to play a depressing game mode though. I will play Rank and see if my attitude changes towards it. I am not enthusiastic however.

• Cool 1