Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Hindenburg, Keeping Stars and Avoiding the Ranked Blues

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,240
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

TL:DW Hindenburg is great for keeping stars.  Playing to keep stars is bad. Stars in general are bad.  T10 irrevocable is a drag and hopefully things will be better next season.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Yeah watched the video already, not something I would condone but at the same, what can you do, right? Hope that as a CC with the power to do something about this, you give the necessary feedback to WG, and better luck next time I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,290 battles

Played three games in Ranked yesterday.

Gascan win

Roma win

Bismarck win

Rank 11 achieved..... shut off game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[GRRR]
[GRRR]
Members
601 posts
21,279 battles

  I am determined to be successful in Ranked but I'll be darned if I use the meta to do it. I won't do HE spam to save stars and if 2-1 battleships queue, I'll be bringing a DD or CA and try to play soundly; where I end up is where I end up. Actually been having fun with Ranked, more than I thought.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles
13 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

....and hopefully things will be better next season.

Don't we all say this at some point during every Ranked season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,062
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles

I really enjoyed t10 ranked. This is the first season I bothered to rank out bc it's t10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,599 battles

lol this is normal. If you are a DD main you get the Shaft because you have to get the cap or lose.

That mean putting you ship as risk and all the others sit pack snipe keep star . Wow great mode NOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles

pfft, keep star is for the weak

 

and no, bad player wont get to rank1 no matter how many games they put in

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
3 minutes ago, warp103 said:

lol this is normal. If you are a DD main you get the Shaft because you have to get the cap or lose.

That mean putting you ship as risk and all the others sit pack snipe keep star . Wow great mode NOT

We can get all the caps and still lose and we still lose a star.

I had 3 caps and 10 defend ribbons, i still came last but we did win only just because a DES ran away from a lone shima capping on the other side of the map, he was not under fire from anything else because they were all chasing me.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
6 minutes ago, warp103 said:

lol this is normal. If you are a DD main you get the Shaft because you have to get the cap or lose.

That mean putting you ship as risk and all the others sit pack snipe keep star . Wow great mode NOT

That's why I only ever play CV in ranked. Secure eyes over the cap, and spot ships approaching, so that the DDs can know when they can safely cap. I'd lose a lot of fighter engagements this way, but if we can see the enemy, and they can't get into a cap undetected, then we almost always win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,158 posts
6,939 battles
58 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Don't we all say this at some point during every Ranked season?

yep.  and WG doesn't care.

 

15 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

pfft, keep star is for the weak

 

and no, bad player wont get to rank1 no matter how many games they put in

you would be suprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles
4 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

yep.  and WG doesn't care.

 

you would be suprised.

unless we're talking about brownian motion to rank1, you still need to have ~50(maybe 48% 47% min) WR to slowly get up there

a 40% WR player will not get to r1, period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,732
[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

Yeah I don't call it Ranked I call it what it is, Rank, meaning; musty, noxious, putrid, bad, disgusting, gross, nauseating, off, offensive, reeking, revolting, sour, stale, tainted, turned, dank, disagreeable, evil-smelling, feculent, fetid, foul, funky, fusty, gamy, graveolent, humid, loathsome, mephitic, moldy, nasty, noisome, obnoxious, olid, pungent, putrescent, rancid, repulsive, smelly, strong, strong-smelling. My most hated thing about World of Warships, is that  some of the best ships in the game are locked behind this repugnant game mode. It wouldn't be so bad, if there was a real reason for losing, beside the luck of the draw of which team you are on. Since my goal in this game is to own every ship (a different type of ship collector), I really hate ships that are locked away from the general public or hidden behind a game mode that I don't prefer to play. The worst thing about the "Best Loser Over Protection Program" (here after refereed to as BLOPP) is that it affects both teams play, so you never get a real game with teams that have a goal to work together and win. I am not saying that every one tries out for the BLOPP position, even if one person on each team is going for the BLOPP, it really isn't a true test for the people playing for the team. That all being said, I like it when I am the BLOPP.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,732
[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
28 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

a 40% WR player will not get to r1, period

A 40% WR player never wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,599 battles
51 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

We can get all the caps and still lose and we still lose a star.

when is the last time you see a CA or a BB go for a Cap.

Answer they do not unless it a last gasp effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[BLHK]
Members
353 posts
3,456 battles
3 minutes ago, warp103 said:

when is the last time you see a CA or a BB go for a Cap.

Answer they do not unless it a last gasp effort.

I always do, especially if I am driving my French cruiser. Even if all I do is spot and not even get to contest the cap, I am at least trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,796 battles
35 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

unless we're talking about brownian motion to rank1, you still need to have ~50(maybe 48% 47% min) WR to slowly get up there

a 40% WR player will not get to r1, period

Negative!

 

My Gearing and Z-52 have over 60% WR in Random, and they have zero effect in progressing in R5+, it's a lottery slot machine fiasco all day every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles
Just now, Xcalib3r said:

Negative!

 

My Gearing and Z-52 have over 60% WR in Random, and they have zero effect in progressing in R5+, it's a lottery slot machine fiasco all day every day.

???????????????????

your reply has 0 relation to my original post

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,796 battles
1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

???????????????????

your reply has 0 relation to my original post

You said " you still need to have ~50(maybe 48% 47% min) WR to slowly get up there "

I said NEGATIVE! Your above statement is inaccurate and false, there is no slowly getting up there in R10~2, having high WR in DD has ZERO effect in helping you "get up there", it's a lottery game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
11 minutes ago, warp103 said:

when is the last time you see a CA or a BB go for a Cap.

Answer they do not unless it a last gasp effort.

indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles
1 minute ago, Xcalib3r said:

You said " you still need to have ~50(maybe 48% 47% min) WR to slowly get up there "

I said NEGATIVE! Your above statement is inaccurate and false, there is no slowly getting up there in R10~2, having high WR in DD has ZERO effect in helping you "get up there", it's a lottery game.

do you have ~50 WR in ranked?

i am talking about ranked, not random

 

plus, i said  "slowly"

if you can consistently make 50% win rate in ranked, do 1000 game, and still havent reach rank1, then come back and tell me about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,796 battles
2 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

do you have ~50 WR in ranked?

i am talking about ranked, not random

 

plus, i said  "slowly"

if you can consistently make 50% win rate in ranked, do 1000 game, and still havent reach rank1, then come back and tell me about it

My Yueyang has 53% WR in ranked for this season, WR has ZERO effect on "helping you get up there slowly"!     I don't care if you play 50,000 games WR ain't gonna help you get there slowly when you're shafted with team mate who don't team play majority of the time, what you get is you win 1 round and lose 2 rounds, then win 2 rounds and lose 1 rounds then win 1 rounds and lose another 2 rounds, it's a never ending cycle loop, if you watch the video from the OP then you should know what he is talking!!

 

Your suggestion of oh you have higher ranked WR you would surely rank out someday, NEGATIVE, NOPE, ain't gonna happen with the current meta now.  people who rank out early didn't get shafted with so many potatoes as the one we get today, Rank 10 to 2 is an infestation of HP farming players who don't care to win right now.

Edited by Xcalib3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles
1 minute ago, Xcalib3r said:

My Yueyang has 53% WR in ranked for this season, WR has ZERO effect on "helping you get up there slowly"!

you had several hundred games in YY and isnt R1 yet?

 

and no, win rate doesnt affect how you do in rank

win rate is the reflection of how well you did in ranked

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,796 battles
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

you had several hundred games in YY and isnt R1 yet?

 

No such luck.

i have lose faith and hope to rank out anymore, I have the will and determination to continue to play till end of season simply because i'm making good amount of credits and xp on every single round, Ranked 10 has became a smaller scale of Randoms, there isn't any difference that i can see.  The purple color clan seems to camped even harder than anyone else.

Someone mentioned to me that R5+ got better players and less potatoes, that may be true in the first week or so when Ranked was launched in April, but it is no longer the case right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

No such luck.

i have lose faith and hope to rank out anymore, I have the will and determination to continue to play till end of season simply because i'm making good amount of credits and xp on every single round, Ranked 10 has became a smaller scale of Randoms, there isn't any difference that i can see.  The purple color clan seems to camped even harder than anyone else.

Someone mentioned to me that R5+ got better players and less potatoes, that may be true in the first week or so when Ranked was launched in April, but it is no longer the case right now.

I have also been seeing this sometimes.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×