You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

speculation on 7.5 drop

16 comments in this topic

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,280 battles

It would come after Ranked ended (June 2).  WG wouldn't drop a new line in the middle of Ranked.  Right?

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,483 battles

Usually they do patches at the end of ranked and end of Clan wars so I would assume it would be the same for this.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

Not necessarily.  If I remember, the RU DD split came in the middle of a T7 ranked season (aka the Belfastocalypse), such that players who had been running the T7 Kiev - not too many, but there were some - had to switch.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Next week. From the May missions the cruiser split should happen this month. If they had kept to the 3 week cycle tomorrow but then we would have gotten more informations how the split will handled in todays 7.5 preview.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
30 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Didn't the French Battleship line drop in the middle of Clan Battles?

If it did, it wouldn't have affected too many people. The highest anyone could get in the pre-release was Richelieu, very few people got one as a mission, and the Alsace grind lay between that and participation in Ranked. I guess if you had a lot of free XP saved up and nothing left to spend it on, you could have jumped to Republique, but how many players had that, really? Besides, Clan Battles is its own thing - not everyone is in a clan, and not everyone who is in one would have felt ready, willing and able to go into a Tier 10 fight.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,445 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I guess if you had a lot of free XP saved up and nothing left to spend it on, you could have jumped to Republique, but how many players had that, really?

Dude. Have you been around for a new line release yet?

Within hours of the patch release that included British BBs, you'd find Conqueror in 3 matches out of every 5, and that was a full 10-ship jump to get across with FXP.

It'll be even more crowded with Worcester, because you only have to go from 8 to 10. I know I've been hoarding my FXP for it. I'll have Worcester with a 19-point captain the minute after the patch is finished installing.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
2 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

French was the first, I think - I only started playing in late August 2017.

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
4 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

It would come after Ranked ended (June 2).  WG wouldn't drop a new line in the middle of Ranked.  Right?

It is still possible that the patch will drop on D-Day, 6 June.  At this point, I think 30 May is more likely.

We are close and we will know more soon.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles

they drop the french bb line in the clan wars (if i'm not worng)

they drop one cruiser line in last ranked.

So its not going be a surprise if they drop a new line in the middle of ranked.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

They explained that there will be updates every 4 weeks now instead of the 3 weeks we been getting in one of the video they release on youtube a while ago.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
2 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Within hours of the patch release that included British BBs, you'd find Conqueror in 3 matches out of every 5, and that was a full 10-ship jump to get across with FXP.

It'll be even more crowded with Worcester, because you only have to go from 8 to 10. I know I've been hoarding my FXP for it. I'll have Worcester with a 19-point captain the minute after the patch is finished installing.

The US cruiser split will be spread across two updates like the French BB line. From the 7.5 news item, it looks like the US CAs will move around in 7.5 and the CLs will come out in 7.6 I bet. Cleveland will most likely move to T8 CL and be a psuedo-premium like the French BBs were during the first part of the split. I expect you won't be able to get Seattle until the CLs drop in 7.6 I bet.

Members
9,975 posts
27 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The US cruiser split will be spread across two updates like the French BB line. From the 7.5 news item, it looks like the US CAs will move around in 7.5 and the CLs will come out in 7.6 I bet. Cleveland will most likely move to T8 CL and be a psuedo-premium like the French BBs were during the first part of the split. I expect you won't be able to get Seattle until the CLs drop in 7.6 I bet.

Adding a new line != line split. makes no sense for them to do this across two patches, unless they are having a problem.

And no one had the french bb's when they gave them all out and made them temp premiums.

Edited by awiggin

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,280 battles
3 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I was actually looking forward to "tier-ing down" and playing the lower ones first.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
46 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Adding a new line != line split. makes no sense for them to do this across two patches, unless they are having a problem.

And no one had the french bb's when they gave them all out and made them temp premiums.

Doesn't mean that WG doesn't want to make the US line split an event and do it over two patches like the French BB line. Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore and Cleveland will all be at new tiers. Buffalo, Dallas, Helena, Seattle and Worcester will all be new ships. So nine ships changing tiers or being created and it is similar to a 7 ship new line.

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The 0.7.4 and 0.7.5/0.7.6 in the before/after slider makes sense in this case.

This is one of the scenarios I had considered.

Doing Cleveland as a Test Ship is possible.  It could just end up as a Tech Tree ship "hanging in space" until the rest of the Light Cruiser line drops.  This would work fairly simply.  Tier 8 Cleveland is a new ship with whatever items are going with it based on the compensation model.  While the ships move, everything else already in the Main Line stays at the Tier it currently resides.  There will be some compensation for duplicates and obsoleted modules, but commanders and Ship XP have a location and will stay there.

Patch 0.7.6 fills in the Light Cruiser line around the Tier 8 Cleveland.  This may well work quite like the French BB drop.

• Cool 1