You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

US Cruiser Split in 0.7.5

77 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles

yup I all ready Free XP'ed to tier 10 right now. I want that new tier 10 cruiser worcher sauce

image.png.e05d0fdec0fc5024d96a941153bbbf59.png

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
56 posts
4,784 battles

So the article's lack of detail on the new light cruisers as well as the graphic at the top of the page makes it look like the new CL line won't actually hit until 7.6?

Beta Testers
6 posts
316 battles

got the cleveland yesterday, so I am looking forward to the changes.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

yup I all ready Free XP'ed to tier 10 right now. I want that new tier 10 cruiser worcher sauce

image.png.e05d0fdec0fc5024d96a941153bbbf59.png

You know that the DM will not get you The Sauce? You need to grind her from the T8 Cleveland on. Also: it seems that 7.5 will only bring the CA and bumb the Cleveland to T8. CL seems to join with 7.6

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

You know that the DM will not get you The Sauce? You need to grind her from the T8 Cleveland on. Also: it seems that 7.5 will only bring the CA and bumb the Cleveland to T8. CL seems to join with 7.6

can you explain a little more detail? I tier 6 and 7 US ships and free xped to the DM to get the tier 6 and 7 along with the sauce after the split

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Going to grind the New Orleans to the Baltimore I guess. Loving the New Orleans compared to the Pensacola! I should also play up the Omaha to get the Dallas, heard good things about it. 

Edited by Rpkscout1

[INTEL]
Members
8,573 posts
25,660 battles
16 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Ah, so that's why there's no mention of Worchester or Seattle. 

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

can you explain a little more detail? I tier 6 and 7 US ships and free xped to the DM to get the tier 6 and 7 along with the sauce after the split

If you have the current Cleveland in your port (tier 6), when the update comes out you will get the Cleveland at tier 8.

Anything from tier 9 down to tier 7 gets down tiered. So, Baltimore becomes tier 8, and Buffalo replaces it at tier 9. New Orleans becomes tier 7 and Pensacola becomes tier 6.

The highest you can go on the new cruisers when you first launch the game is to have the tier 6 Cleveland before the update which will be moved to tier 8.

Edited by Rpkscout1
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles
10 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Also: it seems that 7.5 will only bring the CA and bumb the Cleveland to T8. CL seems to join with 7.6

We should enjoy our last weeks playing the Cleveland in T6 ops!! The tech tree is going to look very strange with the Cleveland stuck out there on its own. On the other hand, if the other CLs are delayed one more patch, that gives us time to grind the Omaha out for the Dallas and the Cleveland out for the Seattle.

Patch date will IMO be the day after Ranked closes. Otherwise the current Tier VIII cruiser becomes a Tier VII cruiser partway through Ranked, which would be rather weird. Those who had ground no higher than that would have to get used to a completely new ship.

[ARGSY]
5,176 posts
18,887 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

From the two splits we had before (and this will be the way for the USN cruiser split, was confirmed at the last Q&A)

Also this is the very short version, I leave out the captains/exp/etc.

- you will get the changed ships from the techtree you have already unlocked (Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Buffalo, Des Moins if you have the complete tech tree)

- any modules you have unlocked will be also unlocked on the new ship, you will get a compensation for modules that are no longer needed to be unlocked (from the extended techtree mod: seems you don't have to unlock any gun upgrades)

- you will get a stock T8 Cleveland and the T6 Dallas and T7 Helena (since you couldn't have the Cleveland unlocked if you didn't own those ships) but no ship above the T8 Cleveland since you didn't have researched them (yep your research is locked to the CA tree)

- there will be new captains, ports slots if you have th eships in port yada yada yada

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,107 posts
10,253 battles
7 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

If you have the current Cleveland in your port (tier 6), when the update comes out you will get the Cleveland at tier 8.

Anything from tier 9 down to tier 7 gets down tiered. So, Baltimore becomes tier 8, and Buffalo replaces it at tier 9. New Orleans becomes tier 7 and Pensacola becomes tier 6.

The highest you can go on the new cruisers when you first launch the game is to have the tier 6 Cleveland before the update which will be moved to tier 8.

most likely there will be some compensation for your down tiered ships

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
1 minute ago, RobertViktor68 said:

most likely there will be some compensation for your down tiered ships

Hope so. It is kinda a rip-off...

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

you will get the changed ships from the techtree you have already unlocked (Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Buffalo, Des Moins if you have the complete tech tree)

So help understand for me in my case, I have the Cleve and the Pensa and free XP'ed to the Tier 10 DM. My goal is to get the tier 6, 7 and 10 for both lines. Did I do it correctly or what do I need to do ?

[O_O]
Beta Testers
88 posts
7,030 battles

Having a DM will not get you a Woosta because the DM is not affected by the split. I expect Wargaming to handle this split in the same manner as the IJN destroyer split and the Russian cruiser split. To maximize the split, you should have Omaha thru Baltimore in your port before it occurs. If you want to get a jump on the CL line, start accumulating XP on the Omaha now. Can't member if XP on the old tier 6 Cleveland will carry over to the new tier 8 or if it stays with the CA line.

I feel that Wargaming has been pretty generous with the line splits in the past and I see no reason why they won't be again.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

So help understand for me in my case, I have the Cleve and the Pensa and free XP'ed to the Tier 10 DM. My goal is to get the tier 6, 7 and 10 for both lines. Did I do it correctly or what do I need to do ?

If I  understand it correctly (and assuming rumors are correct; I don't think this is "officially" confirmed by WG yet):

- If you own all ships T6-10 in the current USN cruiser line, once the split is complete you will own all ships in the new CA (Heavy) USN cruiser line.  Some ships will shift tier, but your CA line will be complete, T6-10, after the split.

In addition, if you currently have the T6 Cleveland,  you will gain the new T8 Cleveland, as well as the T6 and T7 USN Light Cruisers in the new USN CL Line (Dallas and Helena, respectively).

It will not be possible to earn the new T9 and T10 USN CLs (Seattle and Worcester, respectively) ahead of the split. Best you can do is make sure you own the Cleveland before the split so you will gain the new T8 Cleveland as a jumping-off point to the T9 and T10 CLs.

[ARGSY]
5,176 posts
18,887 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You get the downtiered Pensacola, the downtiered New Orleans that replaces the Penasacola, the Baltimore and Buffalo reserached with the B hull (you needed to research those in the current techtree to unlock the next ships) but no compensation or extras for them since they are not in your port.

From the next techtree you should get the T8 Cleveland and the T6/7 ships with at least B hull researched. They should show up in your port including some free portslots. If I remember I had a Minsk and Podvoyski in my port but sold them.

[TONKX]
Members
2 posts
4,794 battles

So I have all four boats unlocked and in port and I will purchase the Balti.  My concerns/ questions.

1: Should I free XP all mods on the Balti?

2: If I do that should I buy and mount them or is having them unlocked going to carry them with the ship when it drops a tier?  Because $ is tight...

3: My captain on Pens has five free points that I don't want to assign yet because I want to see how the boat will play at her new level and use these points accordingly.  Will these points remain with my captain if they are not assigned to a skill?

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles

danm it  I wasted a lot of Free Xp on getting the DM thinking I was getting the sauce, crap! So as it stands I get the new

• t8 cleve since I have the tier 6 cleve,
  • THe new Tier 7 New Orlands since I have the tier 7 Pensa
  1. do I get the tier 6 Dallas and the tier 7 Helena ?
  2. if I have tier 8 and 9 in my port. Do I get the new ships in the new tier ?>

ANy close to the sauce (which is ultimately the goal) would be great. Cheers!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles
  • do I get the tier 6 Dallas and the tier 7 Helena ?
  • if I have tier 8 and 9 in my port. Do I get the new ships in the new tier ?>

No, and no. If you want the Dallas, you have to have the Omaha and re-grind to get her. Probably as many XP as it took to get the Cleveland. If you want Helena, you will have to grind Dallas when she arrives. T9 Seattle is the grind past the new Cleveland, and Worcester lies beyond Seattle, so those at least have a sort of short cut if all you want is to get to Tier 10.

And as I understand it...

If you have T8 New Orleans, Baltimore drops in to replace her when she moves down to T7.

If you have T9 Baltimore, the new Buffalo (12 x 8 inch) drops in to replace her when she moves down to T8. So you get a brand new ship for your efforts.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
5,176 posts
18,887 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, and no. If you want the Dallas, you have to have the Omaha and re-grind to get her. Probably as many XP as it took to get the Cleveland. If you want Helena, you will have to grind Dallas when she arrives. T9 Seattle is the grind past the new Cleveland, and Worcester lies beyond Seattle, so those at least have a sort of short cut if all you want is to get to Tier 10.

And as I understand it...

If you have T8 New Orleans, Baltimore drops in to replace her when she moves down to T7.

If you have T9 Baltimore, the new Buffalo (12 x 8 inch) drops in to replace her when she moves down to T8. So you get a brand new ship for your efforts.

Kk, I searched the 6.2 patch notes

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-062/

Ship Replacement Rule

Gnevny

• If a player had researched Gnevny (Tier V) before the update release, then Podvoisky (Tier V) in the same configuration and Gnevny (Tier VI) in its stock configuration will become researched post-update.
  • If a player currently owns Gnevny (Tier V) before the update release, then all mounted upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables will be demounted and stored in the Inventory; Gnevny (Tier V) and all mounted modules will be removed from the player's account; Podvoisky (Tier V) will be added to the player's account together with a port slot; Gnevny (Tier VI) will be added to the player's account post-update.

Ognevoi

• If a player had researched Ognevoi (Tier VI) before the update release, then Gnevny (Tier VI) in the same configuration and Ognevoi (Tier VIII) in its stock configuration will become researched post-update.
  • If a player currently owns Ognevoi (Tier VI) before the update release, then all mounted upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables will be demounted and stored in the Inventory; Ognevoi (Tier VI) and all mounted modules will be removed from the player's account; Gnevny (Tier VI) will be added to the player's account together with a port slot; Ognevoi (Tier VIII) will be added to the player's account post-update.

Kiev

• If a player had researched Kiev (Tier VII) before the update release, then Minsk (Tier VII) in the same configuration and Kiev (Tier VIII) in its stock configuration will become researched.
  • If a player currently owns Kiev (Tier VII) before the update release, then all mounted upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables will be demounted and stored in the Inventory; Kiev (Tier VII) and all mounted modules will be removed from the player's account; Minsk (Tier VII) will be added to the player's account together with a port slot; Kiev (Tier VIII) will be added to the player's account post-update.

Tashkent

• If a player had researched Tashkent (Tier VIII) before the update release, then Kiev (Tier VII) in the same configuration and Tashkent (Tier IX) in its stock configuration will become researched.
  • If a player currently owns Tashkent (Tier VIII) before the update release, then all mounted upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables will be demounted and stored in the Inventory; Tashkent (Tier VIII) and all mounted modules will be removed from the player's account; Kiev (Tier VII) will be added to the player's account together with a port slot; Tashkent (Tier IX) will be added to the player's account post-update.

Udaloi

• If a player had researched Udaloi (Tier IX) before the update release, then Tashkent (Tier IX) in the same configuration and Udaloi (Tier IX) in its stock configuration will become researched post-update. Also, if a player had researched the 130mm/55 B-2-U main guns for Udaloi (Tier IX), then 19,000 ship XP will be added to Tashkent (Tier IX).
  • If a player currently owns Udaloi (Tier IX) before the update release, then all mounted upgrades, signals, flags, and consumables will be demounted and stored in the Inventory; Udaloi (Tier IX) and all mounted modules will be removed from the player's account; Tashkent (Tier IX) will be added to the player's account together with a port slot; Udaloi (Tier IX) will be added to the player's account. If a player had the 130mm/55 B-2-U main guns researched for Udaloi (Tier IX) in its top configuration, then 1,800,000 Credits will be added to their account.
  • If a player had researched or currently owns 130 mm/55 B-2-U guns for Udaloi (Tier IX), corresponding Ship XP or Credits will be added to Tashkent (Tier IX) or the player's account. (Tashkent (Tier IX) will not equip 130 mm/55 B-2-U guns).

Ship Combinations

• If a player currently owns Gnevny (Tier V) and Ognevoi (Tier VI) before the update release, then 3,150,000 Credits will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player currently owns Kiev (Tier VII) and Tashkent (Tier VIII) before the update release, then 8,800,000 Credits will be added to the player's account.
  • If a player currently owns Tashkent (Tier VIII) and Udaloi (Tier IX) before the update release, then 13,200,000 Credits will be added to the player's account.

So you get the ships at the lower end of the new techtree either researched if you didn't own them or get the ship and a port slot if you own them.

This will give all those who OWN the Cleveland two new ships and two port slots!

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

it seems buffalo sucks compares to baltimore? in that case, i'd grind baltimore now than later have to grind buffalo to DM

[ARGSY]
5,176 posts
18,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

it seems buffalo sucks compares to baltimore? in that case, i'd grind baltimore now than later have to grind buffalo to DM

Slower reload but more guns. I supect the Baltimore has the better armor layout but I'm to lazy to check it with the extended techtree mod. I have the feeling the ships there are more or less the final version at least for the CA techtree.

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

So you get the ships at the lower end of the new techtree either researched if you didn't own them or get the ship and a port slot if you own them.

This will give all those who OWN the Cleveland two new ships and two port slots!

sorry big guy I am confused but one thing is certain, I wasted a lot of XP to get the tier X DM thinking I am going to get the sauce. Yup I messed that up lol. So if I understood your post. I have tiers 6-9 in my port, after the release I will get the tier 6-9 ship change for both lines ?