You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lufbery17

Players suiciding to avoid giving destroyed credit

12 comments in this topic

[FART]
Members
20 posts
5,475 battles

WG is it possible to implement a system where if a player commits suicide the enemy player who has done the majority of the damage or responsible for them currently flooding/burning is awarded credit for destroying them?

I was playing and had a lit an enemy cruiser on fire terminally and he proceeded to commit suicide (Rage quit), robbing me of the kill. Normally this would only be moderately irritating, but it robbed me of a kraken. Aside from the poor sportsmanship, I am sure I am not the only one to be robbed of a kraken, arsonist, liquidator, etc. because of these folks

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,105 battles

Afaik the only class that can commit suicide is CV because of torp bombers.   Cruisers are simply unable to commit suicide on their own so my guess is that someone else hit him and killed him before you did.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,233 battles

I was sure of my response until that last post, now i am really confused...back soon.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I think the game finished on points. Do you have a replay?

Even the Abruzzi cant commit suicide with her fast torps (51knots).

[SPF]
Beta Testers
51 posts
16,162 battles

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,194 posts
8,940 battles

It is possible for ship to steal a kill from enemy team, but I would never advise it since it involves allied ship killing you... So theoretically the possibility exists, but I would never do it nor recommend it.

[FART]
Members
20 posts
5,475 battles

No replay. Just remember about 20s after hitting the guy he died and it showed it as his boat being sunk by himself. Don't believe he had damaged any teammates either since he was the only one on that part of the map. I thought he just bailed out of the match and was punished as a result (Could have sworn I saw others do this too).

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,090 posts
4,164 battles
14 minutes ago, BigHenry said:

No replay. Just remember about 20s after hitting the guy he died and it showed it as his boat being sunk by himself. Don't believe he had damaged any teammates either since he was the only one on that part of the map. I thought he just bailed out of the match and was punished as a result (Could have sworn I saw others do this too).

probably team damage, you can’t kill yourself as a normal ship any other way. possibly there was a dd nezt to him that he clipped with a salvo

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
29 minutes ago, BigHenry said:

Nope this does not happen. I suppose if they were pink and damaged another team mate they could actually kill themselves.

[POARS]
Members
19 posts
5,366 battles

Something very interesting happened with me a couple of days ago, and it might be related to this...

I was running away from the enemy team as I was being chewed from focused fire (4 ships firing at me at the same time). Suddenly, my ship just exploded and one of my teammates got a 'teamkill penalty'.

At first I didn't have a clue of what had happened, but later I watched the replay and what happened was I bumped into my teammate ship... As I was so low in hit points, my ship exploded and sadly the other player got the penalty (totally unfair, in my opinion).

Do you think this could have happened in your case?

Members
1,834 posts
17,607 battles
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, BigHenry said:

WG is it possible to implement a system where if a player commits suicide the enemy player who has done the majority of the damage or responsible for them currently flooding/burning is awarded credit for destroying them?

I was playing and had a lit an enemy cruiser on fire terminally and he proceeded to commit suicide (Rage quit), robbing me of the kill. Normally this would only be moderately irritating, but it robbed me of a kraken. Aside from the poor sportsmanship, I am sure I am not the only one to be robbed of a kraken, arsonist, liquidator, etc. because of these folks

He probably damaged a friendly (could have been a ship on other side of map from him he caught on fire) & had enough penalties against him that he took reflective damage resulting in killing himself...only way that could work because even w/an AFK player you still get credit for killing them so "Rage Quitting" wouldn't have deprived you of the kill...it would have just left him sitting still as an AFK & we've all gotten plenty of kills off of AFK players (I try to avoid them & take on live players myself to give them a chance to boot in but if I'm in a DD & they have me spotted or would if I went their way & I need to go their way they have until my torps get there to get it together...otherwise it's oh well...strategy over sympathy).