Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Torps and Team mates.

Torps and team mates  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who is responsible for their Torps? Should other team mates have to watch out for your torps?

• Of course. They got in the way! Its the victims fault for not watching my torps!
    • No way, you hold your fire until you don't risk hitting your team!

54 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles

So with ranked going on and having been TKed myself twice this week with the TKers justifying their actions i have to ask here what people really think?

Members
142 posts

There's a little of both. Both sides are responsible for paying attention to what's going on around them.

Where the blame lies more heavily depends upon the exact circumstances.

• Cool 4

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
1 minute ago, Poharan said:

There's a little of both. Both sides are responsible for paying attention to what's going on around them.

Where the blame lies more heavily depends upon the exact circumstances.

I don't find it hard to not TK allies myself. I've let plenty of shots go with torps when they were very very easy to make except for the team mate nearby who might roam into them. It's not a hard concept to follow.

I always apologize if i TK because thats what you do when accidents happen. You apologize for screwing the other guy over unintentionally.

We do that in life, the only reason people don't here is because they can get away with it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
16 minutes ago, Poharan said:

Both sides are responsible for paying attention to what's going on around them.

Nonsense; you and you alone are responsible for all of the ordinance you fire during a match. No one who is concentrating on targeting someone else should have to watch out for torpedoes coming from behind them. If they can hit a team mate, then don't fire them. The only place blame lies is with the player who fired them.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Members
821 posts
8,680 battles

Responsibility lies on the player who fired the torps. No one expects or should expect to get hit from their own team.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
18 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I always apologize if i TK because thats what you do when accidents happen. You apologize for screwing the other guy over unintentionally.

^^This guys get it, accidents do happen, and this is your best recourse.^^

• Cool 2

Members
142 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

Nonsense; you and you alone are responsible for all of the ordinance you fire during a match. No one who is concentrating on targeting someone else should have to watch out for torpedoes coming from behind them. If they can hit a team mate, then don't fire them. The only place blame lies is with the player who fired them.

Thought you were going to bed.

You should be watching for torps and other things constantly. Constant vigilance and situational awareness wins games.

If a teammate fires a torp spread at a close range cruiser 1km away and 3/4 hit, and then you sail blindly into the single remaining torp at 9.5km some 30s later, you're getting some blame too. Pay some attention.

It's different if someone is just torp sniping from behind teammates without warning them though. That's just careless.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
7 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Responsibility lies on the player who fired the torps. No one expects or should expect to get hit from their own team.

Totally agree.

6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

^^This guys get it, accidents do happen, and this is your best recourse.^^

:cap_cool: For sure.

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
3 minutes ago, Poharan said:

You should be watching for torps and other things constantly. Constant vigilance and situational awareness wins games.

If a teammate fires a torp spread at a close range cruiser 1km away and 3/4 hit, and then you sail blindly into the single remaining torp at 9.5km some 30s later, you're getting some blame too. Pay some attention.

It's different if someone is just torp sniping from behind teammates without warning them though. That's just careless.

Yeah that happens. But lately its been more of people sniping behind team mates because they are using you as a screen. DD's should never be shooting from behind the team.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
28 minutes ago, Poharan said:

BULLCRAP; you and you alone are responsible for all the ordinance you fire in a match. PERIOD.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
142 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

BULLCRAP; you and you alone are responsible for all the ordinance you fire in a match. PERIOD.

Every time you get into an argument, you resort to just yelling, "No! I'm right!" don't you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
1 minute ago, Poharan said:

Every time you get into an argument, you resort to just yelling, "No! I'm right!" don't you.

Only when I am; and on this WoW and WG agree with me; you and you alone are responsible for all the ordinance you fire in a match. Deal with it, and play responsibly.

Members
142 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

Only when I am; 

Which is all the time, I presume.

1 minute ago, Umikami said:

and on this WoW and WG agree with me; you and you alone are responsible for all the ordinance you fire in a match. Deal with it, and play responsibly.

That's fine. You hold on to that. But if I see you or anyone else sail into an easily avoidable torp like a fool, you're still getting blame. You can put your fingers in your ears and scream, "la la la," all you like, but if you're capable of improving the outcome of the game and you fail to do so through gross negligence you hold some blame as well.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
2 minutes ago, Poharan said:

That's fine. You hold on to that. But if I see you or anyone else sail into an easily avoidable torp like a fool, you're still getting blame.

Gee, you say that like your opinion really matters. Blame anyone you want; I know who will be pink.

[TBW]
Members
6,419 posts
12,065 battles

How many who's fault threads do we need in one day. It's really easy, it might possibly be my fault if I get hit by some one's torps. They however are responsible for firing them with the possibility of hitting me and more than likely, would be Court Marshaled in the real world. Any ship may have to turn to avoid enemy torps and by doing so shouldn't have to be hit by friendly torps.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
142 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

Gee, you say that like your opinion really matters. Blame anyone you want; I know who will be pink.

Matters about as much as yours.

But, you see, the thing is you can criticize something without directly being tied to it. I don't criticize those with no situational awareness because I have a habit of torping allies, I criticize them because they are about as harmful to a game as those who do.

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How many who's fault threads do we need in one day. It's really easy, it might possibly be my fault if I get hit by some one's torps. They however are responsible for firing them with the possibility of hitting me and more than likely, would be Court Marshaled in the real world.

If we were to use old sailing laws like that we'd lose half the player base inside of a week :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
1,887 posts
12,967 battles

I find that, usually, the one that pulled the the torp trigger when they're friendly in front. Is the must common way of team killing. Thus this situation, must people dont man up too when it happens. In the end

• YOU are RESPONSIBLE for your ordnance, 

This idea that, OH! he turn into my torps, blame the victim while the one who shoot the torps gets away Scott free is, well like the phrase says

• "I reject WOWS/real life reality, and substitute may own" :Smile-_tongue:
  • Deflect any blame in my reckless over aggressive play style

They're are cases right now in court marshal in where in Japan the LTJG. of the DD that crashed with cargo container, lost her money and will probably not advance in rank anymore. Its a case of situational awareness caused the death of 7 US sailors.  In the game, your pink for 2 games along with some credits. If you continue to torp with friendlies in front then you will be orange which sucks. My advice is don't torp with friendlies in front. If you hit someone, man up and apologize. Its the right thing to do. Cheers !

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
13 minutes ago, Poharan said:

I criticize them because they are about as harmful to a game as those who do.

What a completely erroneous and irresponsible opinion you've come up with.

Members
142 posts
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

What a completely erroneous and irresponsible opinion you've come up with.

You're too tiresome for this time of night. No substance. Just words thrown together.

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

The only time you aren't at fault is when your team positions poorly. Whether they're selfish players who want to deny you damage or they simply made a bad play, there are a few occasions where I would torp because it is the correct play notwithstanding the teammate's presence. Typically, this is when the game is already over and we're just farming damage.

Before you sperg, I've only been in this situation once after 5k+ matches. It happened on Northern Lights in Mogami. We were in a 3v3 and all three red BBs (at nearly full health) pushed through the C cap choke point. We were on the south side at the time and an Edinburgh was camping the corner. He just wanted the damage; there's no way a ship with a 3 torp broadside was going to win that encounter. He died really quickly and I torped afterwards. Because he blocked my path, I couldn't launch from both sides without TKing him. With a single broadside, I double striked and almost killed the third BB too. I died while turning to launch from the other side. We won a close game because of my play. I should have launched earlier in spite of his position. Had I done so, I would have had better position and survived. I also would have had a pretty crazy Mogami replay with a kraken, triple strike, and ~250k dmg. Instead I only did ~190k and 3 kills. We won so it doesn't matter, but I hate when people potato like that Edinburgh.

Edited by awildseaking

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
27 minutes ago, Poharan said:

You're too tiresome for this time of night. No substance. Just words thrown together.

Sleep tight.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
367 posts
6,847 battles

You fire the shot, you accept the penalty for that decision. Not all decisions are going to end with everyone coming out alive and sometimes sacrifices must be made. But lets not forget that the player in a piss poor position, blocking you from getting your shot to target (if/when it absolutely matters) is also making the decision to be putting themselves there. Yes, victory may depend on him being sacrificed, but it is still your fault for destroying him.

If a hot shot decided to run past you while you are lining up a shot to bring you and your team to victory or they are in a very bad position and in the line of fire? Welp, he's dead. Accept your pink status or hold your fire. Your choice to make. Apologize for sending him to meet ole Davy Jones, send best regards to his widow, and move along. If you find yourself constantly killing off friendlies... you might have problems and I strongly suggest a change in tactics... like really, stop firing torps unless you are at the front of the group dammit.

Just to say personally, as someone on the receiving end of friendly torps more than a handful of times, it's always the person firing the torps who are at fault. I'm out front tanking or spotting, my priorities are those reds directly in front of me and what they might be throwing my way. I try to be a generous player and allow those with torps as main weapons (DD's, ok. they are DD's), to have the chance to fire their torps off and avoid getting in front of them if I can. They should be out in front of me to begin with, but you know how it is.

But I don't always have the time to be worrying about what my allies are doing behind me. You have the luxury of turning tail and running; you also have the luxury of never having to worry about my torps flying your way. I don't need someone launching the only weapon that doesn't go flying over my head hitting me in the rear. So, if you are behind me and just itching to fire your torps,  don't expect me to be thankful for blowing me up because you didn't want to move up in front of me to do so.

Edited by Levits

Members
1,858 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Had a DD torp into red DDs smoke. After fish were in the water a Mogami announced they were going to charge the smoke & try to hydro the DD out of it...DD announced "torps in water on way to that smoke"...the Mogami responded w/"NP I'll avoid them"...as soon as he got close enough & his hydro spotted the DD he cut to bring all of his guns around (which was completely unnecessary as the DD had very little life left & the Mogami's front 9 could easily have finished him in 1 round)...bam...Mogami eats 3 torps & DD escapes (not for long...but definitely from the dead Mogami).

Even the Mogami admitted he completely screwed up & it was all his fault (& it was) & comped the DD as an apology for turning him pink...& typing caps locks doesn't change that...especially when he acknowledge the torps & still turned into them & ate not just 1 but 3.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How many who's fault threads do we need in one day. It's really easy, it might possibly be my fault if I get hit by some one's torps. They however are responsible for firing them with the possibility of hitting me and more than likely, would be Court Marshaled in the real world. Any ship may have to turn to avoid enemy torps and by doing so shouldn't have to be hit by friendly torps.

But why stop with a general court? We could cut their feet off, brand them with a scarlet TK, throw their family into the gulag, make them watch Woody Allen films(might get in trouble on that last one though).

Then again, everyone could relax and remember it is just a video game.

Sign in to follow this