You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles

TKing happens. Some unicums may claim they in their history have never TK'ed by accident. This thread isn't for you but other players so please save the "i'm too awesome to make a mistake" for another thread please.

This week i've been TKed twice. Both times it was torps from long range behind friendly lines.

Both times the players defended their actions blaming it on the victims.

Don't do that. Don't be that guy that has to blame the victim when you should be apologizing. I'm sick of watching people defend their actions when they TK. Accidents happen yes. Own your wrong doing if you kill a team mate.

All i gotta say is there's some lucky people out there that they don't allow name and shame because some people deserve to be shamed.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
553 posts
5,979 battles

There are some strange torp launches lately, and it's hard to blame the poor victim when guys are dropping long range torps into random places hoping to hit a red boat. Simple solution, limit torps to 8km, problem solved

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

There are some strange torp launches lately, and it's hard to blame the poor victim when guys are dropping long range torps into random places hoping to hit a red boat. Simple solution, limit torps to 8km, problem solved

Yeah, i got nailed by a Shima in my NC. He claims that the field was clear when he launched except it wasn't obviously. He wouldn't apologize and said that it was my lack of situational awareness. So basically he copped out and tried to blame me. How am i supposed to watch out for my own DD torping me from 20k out?

Its like seriously?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles

First, let me say this, as I have said it many, many, many times before:

"You, and you alone, are responsible for all of the ordinance you fire during a match."

There are no excuses, you don't get to blame the guy who got hit for "turning wrong", he isn't responsible for not dodging your torps correctly or fast enough; they weren't his torps.

We have a lot of new players who are just reaching higher tiers playing on Steam accounts, and have not had the experience of longer ranged torps which keep right on going after they miss their intended target. Many will endure a quick pinkening or two. Life is hard.

The only thing you can do is ... not stress yourself out over it. It is only a game, and only one game. The guilty culprit will enjoy his pink, which is the generic equivalent of telling a bank robber he has social issues and should be better; and really no one else in the match usually cares, unless it is a very closely contested match. So don't stress the small stuff; life is hard enough without you adding to your own load.

Sadly, this is the best advice I have.

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
15 minutes ago, Umikami said:

First, let me say this, as I have said it many, many, many times before:

"You, and you alone, are responsible for all of the ordinance you fire during a match."

There are no excuses, you don't get to blame the guy who got hit for "turning wrong", he isn't responsible for not dodging your torps correctly or fast enough; they weren't his torps.

We have a lot of new players who are just reaching higher tiers playing on Steam accounts, and have not had the experience of longer ranged torps which keep right on going after they miss their intended target. Many will endure a quick pinkening or two. Life is hard.

The only thing you can do is ... not stress yourself out over it. It is only a game, and only one game. The guilty culprit will enjoy his pink, which is the generic equivalent of telling a bank robber he has social issues and should be better; and really no one else in the match usually cares, unless it is a very closely contested match. So don't stress the small stuff; life is hard enough without you adding to your own load.

Sadly, this is the best advice I have.

It's decent advice. I agree with you except to say it was a Shima that did it. I don't bat much of an eye when it happens say in tier 5 or some such, but 10, i'd hope by 10 that people have a clue how to work their ship. 20km is a long long time for a torp to travel.

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

I've TKed and been TKed plenty of times, I make sure to apologize and try to see some humor in the incident, for instance, did the ship split from a torp hit? Guess you could call it a banana split. (yes I know that was awful) point being, own it. You screwed up, learn from it and throw a compliment to the victim. Besides, making excuses make you look like a BBaby, in terms of word play.

Plus it isn't like this thing hasn't happened in reality as well, USS Atlanta can attest to that.:fish_book:

Edited by Magyar5

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts

Look, I have sunk green boats, and been sunk by them. It is a video game, and it happens. You know why it happens, because WG wants it to happen. If they didn't want it to happen, they'd just turn off team damage, just like they do in operations. Somebody in corporate HQ finds it amusing, otherwise it would get changed.

Also, remember, no matter what happens to your little imaginary boat, in twenty minutes, or less, it will be back in port, as good as new. Seriously, if you are stressing out over this issue, you are in desperate, dire need of a hummer.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Look, I have sunk green boats, and been sunk by them. It is a video game, and it happens. You know why it happens, because WG wants it to happen. If they didn't want it to happen, they'd just turn off team damage, just like they do in operations. Somebody in corporate HQ finds it amusing, otherwise it would get changed.

Also, remember, no matter what happens to your little imaginary boat, in twenty minutes, or less, it will be back in port, as good as new. Seriously, if you are stressing out over this issue, you are in desperate, dire need of a hummer.

Wow so dismissal is the way you want to handle it. Whatever works for you.

You offering said hummer?

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Wow so dismissal is the way you want to handle it. Whatever works for you.

You offering said hummer?

No, not unless the check is really, really big. You seem interested though.

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles
Just now, Doombeagle said:

No, not unless the check is really, really big. You seem interested though.

Just checking to see if it was a proposal or not, i mean you never know. :cap_haloween:

That being said, you really don't care if you TK or get Tked?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,302 battles

Let's just be blunt here, OK? Even if the person who ran into your torps was a deliberate griefer or the most incompetent idiot in the world who fully deserved the salvo they ate, it's polite to say sorry.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[KENT]
Members
1 post
4,211 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Let's just be blunt here, OK? Even if the person who ran into your torps was a deliberate griefer or the most incompetent idiot in the world who fully deserved the salvo they ate, it's polite to say sorry.

They should at least apologize for their incompetence first because it's not him/her who's going to suffer the backlash of being incompetent.  Wargaming should do something about other ships running into torpedoes that was dropped 30 - 40 seconds ago, it's just not fair for another person to suffer because someone else on their team is either playing with 1 hand or not paying attention. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,443 posts

I get two a month. One my fault, one by somebody else. In either case it’s Always with torpedos. I turned pink last time trying to lay smoke for a badly damaged khab with no engine. He was getting hammered by a Hindi, would not go dark and we needed him to stay alive. I did a loop of smoke around him and then went to launch torps at the Hindi.  I made sure I was past the khab in wide view then went to full zoom to line up my torps. I fired confident the Hindi would eat most of at least one launcher. The khab put it in reverse! I had no idea. He hit one torp. It didn’t kill him by it took a chunk out of me. I still apologized. My torps so my fault. I did explain that I thought I was clear and didn’t expect him to reverse with an engine out. 

On the the other hand I have been tk’d in almost every type by friendly dds and not received an apology.

Edited by thebigblue

Members
9,996 posts
9 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

TKing happens. Some unicums may claim they in their history have never TK'ed by accident. This thread isn't for you but other players so please save the "i'm too awesome to make a mistake" for another thread please.

This week i've been TKed twice. Both times it was torps from long range behind friendly lines.

Both times the players defended their actions blaming it on the victims.

Don't do that. Don't be that guy that has to blame the victim when you should be apologizing. I'm sick of watching people defend their actions when they TK. Accidents happen yes. Own your wrong doing if you kill a team mate.

All i gotta say is there's some lucky people out there that they don't allow name and shame because some people deserve to be shamed.

People don't care anymore. I've been tked 5-6 times over the last week, because team mates are throwing torps everywhere.

The new system, instead of deterring players from tking, have made it so easy to go pink that players no longer care....:Smile_facepalm:

Members
329 posts
328 battles

I have done several TKs with the 12km italian torps, but ALWAYS apologías, if U can both un chat and by personal message.

Members
333 posts
3,431 battles

I wondered if this would be the result of so many going pink so often.  When a thing becomes so common that no one notices it any more, it ceases to be a deterrent.  And since there is the penalty for turning pink doesn't take effect immediately, unless you are continually pink, people may learn to ignore the color.  If they no longer care if they turn pink, the incentive to play more safely will be diminished.  Of course the ones that have turned orange, while we may not be able to see the color, we'll be able to tell since they will be the ones taking damage from their own ordinance.  

As it stands now you don't know who to watch, the pink player could be a terminator in pink killing your other green friends, or a player who carelessly fired and hit a friendly ship.  I think I'd like it better if the system had a pink (damaged a teammate and/or still working off my penalty after being orange), orange (penalty phase for damage to teammates and/or recently returned after account timeout), blue (habitual team damage, prior to account timeout/suspension) color spectrum, where I could get a reasonable idea of how my teammate would play.  I would see this as an automated system, with an appeal process, and I realize a few players would be stuck in the blue/orange penalty phase perpetually, which the appeal process could also affect at some point.

So it would go something like this:

White

Pink (first offense), then

Orange (initial penalty phase), then

Blue (heavy/harsh penalty phase), then

either a Timeout or a Full Suspension of the account would follow, if a timeout was applied then,

Blue (heavy/harsh Penalty phase following timeout), then

Orange (Final Penalty phase), then

Pink (Probation Games - before turning white again), then

White

Probably the most common would be the simple White, Pink, White, where someone accidentally damages a teammate, no penalty just a reminder to be careful since you are pink now.

Second most common would be the White, Pink, Orange, Pink, White, where the penalty might be a restriction on game mode, or tier level of ships, then back to pink for a few more games before turning white again.

For players that get past the initial orange phase of penalties, well it would be a long road back to white, which is probably why we'll never see this implemented.  We have the same thing now mostly, just without the added Blue level of penalties (and without the timeout/suspensions, at least that we know of).

• Cool 1