Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Hey WG: New Map Ideas

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

306
[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I'm just running this up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it.

Would it be possible to create a good operation around WW1 and WW2 raiders?

Think Emden and Graf Spee.

I have not had time to think this through so be gentle. Please.

It would look something like this:

Three categories of ships.

1. The raider or raiders.

2. A convoy of merchant ships and perhaps some solitary merchantmen.

3. A squadron of hunters trying to track down and destroy the raider(s). (Maybe 3 ships?)

That's all I got so far.

What are potential problems with this scenario?

How would you improve on the idea?

 

:Smile_child:

 

For me the stories of the solitary raiders are amongst the most exciting ones of both wars.

 

Feel free to post your own map scenarios.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
142 posts

I like the idea of recreations of actual historical battles in the scenarios. Kind of like the Dunkirk op with the restricted matchmaking. Those are fun.

Ahistorical ones would be fun as well. Like, "what if they had a chance to change the outcome?" I think it would be fun to try the Battle of Surigao Strait as the Nishimura fleet and try to win. That kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
13 posts
2,406 battles

I would love to hunt down merchant ships with my German ships and do it with a small team. Perhaps we could be hunting a convoy of let's say 10 merchies escorted by a few destroyers and maybe a slow battleship and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
11 minutes ago, Poharan said:

I like the idea of recreations of actual historical battles in the scenarios. Kind of like the Dunkirk op with the restricted matchmaking. Those are fun.

Ahistorical ones would be fun as well. Like, "what if they had a chance to change the outcome?" I think it would be fun to try the Battle of Surigao Strait as the Nishimura fleet and try to win. That kind of thing.

Even if you remove the mass destroyer attack at the beginning of the battle there is no way the IJN wins that fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
5 minutes ago, KaiserinaLiz1 said:

I would love to hunt down merchant ships with my German ships and do it with a small team. Perhaps we could be hunting a convoy of let's say 10 merchies escorted by a few destroyers and maybe a slow battleship and see what happens.

Testify!

The Emden Story

Spoiler

 

 

The Dresden

Spoiler

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
142 posts
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Even if you remove the mass destroyer attack at the beginning of the battle there is no way the IJN wins that fight.

Then maybe the op would be about trying to lose less. Still think it would be fun to try. :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
13 posts
2,406 battles

Or how about Operation Berlin with Scharnhorst and Gneisenau or the cruise of the Graf Spee before she was hunted down or other operations like that including those posted above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

Another good one could be the Tokyo Express racing down the slot at night to resupply the army on Guadalcanal.  It would be great to have PT Boats in the game. 

:cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
On 5/14/2018 at 8:49 PM, KaiserinaLiz1 said:

Or how about Operation Berlin with Scharnhorst and Gneisenau or the cruise of the Graf Spee before she was hunted down or other operations like that including those posted above.

Are you referring to the Channel Dash?   

:cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,605
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

How about hunt for the bismarck but on a much bigger map.  I not talking about the campaign, but as a operation mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×