Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Baltimore Play style and Baltimore Upgrade Module Suggestions Needed

4 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Hello everybody hope you guys had a good weekend.  So the other day I posted if it was worth playing the Lexington or not.  But as it is Im trying to unlock the entire US tech tree.  I've been working on it for years now it seems.  Jumping around from different tech tree to different tech tree.  I enjoy playing the US tech tree the most with my favorites mainly being the Destroyer Class (speed and stealth)  and the Battleships (hard hitters and beastly armor)  Yes Mo has been my ultimate played ship in my bracket of them.  How ever,  as I've already stated, I am finishing off all of the ships on the US tree.  I have played the Baltimore but I haven't played Baltimore as much.  I like BBs way too much.  But it's something that I do eventually need to finish off.  So my questions are...

1. How is Baltimore actually played, not played by a fish but actually played with tact?

2.  What upgrade modules would everybody suggest that I use on Baltimore?

Please keep in mind if and when I decide to get back to playing this ship, I DO NOT plan on sitting back and trying to play sniper.  Like I've seen a lot of players on here trying to do.  The range is what not even 16K on Balti?   In the end I need to learn to play cruisers better than I normally do instead of just getting deleted all of the time.  Well thanks for all of your suggestions.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Well it is pretty tanky bow on so if you have to engage in the open just don’t show too much side and you’ll be alright. That being said, don’t seek out engagements like that. Your best bet is to make use of your radar and islands. I think it goes without saying but don’t show your broadside. Make sure to use the AP. The AP is amazing but if you don’t have a decent target feel free to set fires. 

This really depends on how you want to play it. I think I used the AA mod 1, damage control, AA mod 2, propulsion, Concealment, and Range. I preferred the AA build just because I kept running into CV’s. The range was because the really floaty arcs are nice and help a little more than the RoF. This worked best for me. 

Don’t play it like a sniper. Push up into a place where your radar can be used and then abuse island cover. Don’t hide but be smart and keep your guns firing. Keep an eye on the minimap and make sure only 1 or 2 reds can fire at you at once.

[SIDE]
Members
1,426 posts
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Hello everybody hope you guys had a good weekend.  So the other day I posted if it was worth playing the Lexington or not.  But as it is Im trying to unlock the entire US tech tree.  I've been working on it for years now it seems.  Jumping around from different tech tree to different tech tree.  I enjoy playing the US tech tree the most with my favorites mainly being the Destroyer Class (speed and stealth)  and the Battleships (hard hitters and beastly armor)  Yes Mo has been my ultimate played ship in my bracket of them.  How ever,  as I've already stated, I am finishing off all of the ships on the US tree.  I have played the Baltimore but I haven't played Baltimore as much.  I like BBs way too much.  But it's something that I do eventually need to finish off.  So my questions are...

1. How is Baltimore actually played, not played by a fish but actually played with tact?

2.  What upgrade modules would everybody suggest that I use on Baltimore?

Please keep in mind if and when I decide to get back to playing this ship, I DO NOT plan on sitting back and trying to play sniper.  Like I've seen a lot of players on here trying to do.  The range is what not even 16K on Balti?   In the end I need to learn to play cruisers better than I normally do instead of just getting deleted all of the time.  Well thanks for all of your suggestions.

Fully upgrade ASAP. Great boat when done.

you really can’t snipe with it like a German or a Japanese.  The trajectories and float won’t permit it beyond 14km or so.

baltimore works best for me when used in stages.  

Early on i try to *intelligently* support *smart* dd pushes. This means I try to stay alive and I expect the dd I support to try to stay alive too. Hopefully they choose to push a cap that has some cover and isn’t about to be over run by superior numbers of red ships. When a red dd shows up I get into 8-10km of cloud  or wherever they are hiding and pop Radar. Usually they try to break cover and gtfo. I pump as much HE at them as I can before they disappear. I am mindful of minimap because once I lose concealment I am on borrowed time. Everyone like to nuke a Baltimore so point yourself at greatest threats  and then time your escape turn between salvos. Let Radar cool down somewhere near other team mates 12-14km from large red boats and nail them with best ammo choice.

mid game depends on battle flow. I may try to help defend caps if red dd is in the area. Usually my precense is a strong deterrent. They may spam torps at me but hopefully I have support ships to screen. The red dd won’t come in the capnof I am there. Again, minimap is key as you want to know what can hit you in the side and try to avoid it. I can also provide AA support for *intelligent* Groups of B.B. players how are either retreating or pushing and getting a lot of red cv attn. I’ve shot down 58 planes in one match. I can also help push a flank by chasing red dd away or distracting red cruisers from burning down my BBS. 

Late game I generally abandon a bit of caution. I either losing and don’t have much to lose or winning and need to help mop up. I keep doing the things listed earlier but much more aggressively. If I played well, didn’t get nuked doing my job, I should be quite healthy. I need to help keep my Team mates alive. I’ll get right up in peoples faces at this point. My bow tankish-ness and the relative lack of possible enemy threats  makes this possible. I can hammer broadside cruisers with AP and burn anything down. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

In any USN Cruiser never show your sides.

Always stay moving use islands and BB's as shields.

Hunt down the DD's First { Your BB's will thank you}

Shoot at any radar ships when opportunity arises { Don't hesitate}

AP is your friend HE is an ally 

Sign in to follow this