You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Poharan

What's your, "I'm done with this nonsense," ship?

61 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts

Let's say you've been having a bad day in WoWS. You lost seven randoms in a row, you lost a bunch of stars in ranked, you just got citadeled through the nose by a lucky shot from a camping BB 23km away. You know the drill.

What ship do you hop in to just chill and have a good time?

For me, it has to be the Tachibana. It's not what I'd call a particularly good ship, but it's so much fun just to mess around in. The little bugger is so small that it's a pain to hit, and with a high-point captain you get some fun stuff like 4.7km concealment and sub-20s torp reload.

Just run around and spit fire for the fun of it in a tiering that isn't too serious. 

It's nice to cool down and just chill sometimes.

• Cool 2

[NOBS]
Members
521 posts
5,860 battles

I'm jumping in my Kaiser, plowing straight ahead and brawling everything that pops up. My favorite from the time I got it. It's a great boat to have fun in. 

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
3 minutes ago, Poharan said:

Let's say you've been having a bad day in WoWS. You lost seven randoms in a row, you lost a bunch of stars in ranked, you just got citadeled through the nose by a lucky shot from a camping BB 23km away. You know the drill.

For me, it has to be the Tachibana. It's not what I'd call a particularly good ship, but it's so much fun just to mess around in. The little bugger is so small that it's a pain to hit, and with a high-point captain you get some fun stuff like 4.7km concealment and sub-20s torp reload.

Just run around and spit fire for the fun of it in a tiering that isn't too serious. 

+1 Agree.

Whenever I have a mission or campaign that can be finished with her I do it in the Tachibana with the perverse satisfaction of seeing such a wee git of a boat finishing off something epic.

• Cool 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Shiny Horse. There's nothing like getting into brawling range with 8km secondaries spewing HE love + Torps and just watch people run.

Edited by xalmgrey

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles

Kami R abusing everything that floats. Yes, clubbing seals is relaxing. I'm sorry......not really.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,722 posts
8,237 battles

I take out Aigle or Gangut. They can offer some relax. But when it's not enough, there is nothing better than the good ol Alt+F4 ship, allowing you to instantly switch game 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles

Kongo

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

The USS St Louis, win lose or draw I enjoy every match with it.

USSStLouisC20.jpg

No one expects the St Louis Inquisition!

tenor.gif

• Cool 2

Members
142 posts
1 minute ago, pikohan said:

Kongo

Hah. Yeah, my Kirishima is probably a close second after Tachibana.

Really nice ship.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

If I need to win even if it means killing everyone myself, it's the St. Louis. Sail around blasting everything in sight with near impunity. Lots of fun.

If I just need to release steam, it's the Atlanta. Even if I die, I've gotten a couple hundred shots off, and probably made some unfortunate DD wet his pants, which is always good for a laugh.

Or the Bismark. Just sail in secondaries blazing and kill everything in sight. Pretty simple.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,348 battles

Totally balansed Fiji.

Also Mutsuki

Beta Testers
964 posts
1,897 battles

Any T3 dreadnought, preferably Nassau. Combat is so hilariously weird at low tiers and the dreadnoughts are so user-friendly it's almost impossible not to have fun. Nassau in particular comes to mind for some reason, but I just picked up Turenne (edits woops) and the very first game I played I had an absolute blast, even though it's very obviously crap.

• Cool 1

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
261 posts
3,994 battles
26 minutes ago, Poharan said:

Pfft, got a few. my Roma is my current favorite, though I also got Scharnhorst, Bismark/Tirpiz, Konig Albert and Imperator Nikolai I

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The USS St Louis, win lose or draw I enjoy every match with it.

USSStLouisC20.jpg

No one expects the St Louis Inquisition!

tenor.gif

A true classic as far as this game goes... she was my go-to in the early days, but after they nerfed AFT/BFT/EM for 155s, she just isn't the same anymore :Smile_sad:

Members
1,457 posts
12,302 battles

Belfast - just the most fun ship in the game.  When things are bad, can always count on the Belfast to change the tide or at least have a blast 

[NOBS]
Members
521 posts
5,860 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

If I need to win even if it means killing everyone myself, it's the St. Louis. Sail around blasting everything in sight with near impunity. Lots of fun.

If I just need to release steam, it's the Atlanta. Even if I die, I've gotten a couple hundred shots off, and probably made some unfortunate DD wet his pants, which is always good for a laugh.

Or the Bismark. Just sail in secondaries blazing and kill everything in sight. Pretty simple.

Using my Biz in ranked, the reason I need a break. Lol

[XBRTC]
Members
1,396 posts
7,411 battles
24 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Kami R abusing everything that floats. Yes, clubbing seals is relaxing. I'm sorry......not really.

Love my Kami R.

Honorable mention to Tachibana and Smith, though.

Beta Testers
964 posts
1,897 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Love my Kami R.

Honorable mention to Tachibana and Smith, though.

Ahh, the good old Kami R. A reminder of the days when IJN was relevant. I miss those days. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, pikohan said:

A true classic as far as this game goes... she was my go-to in the early days, but after they nerfed AFT/BFT/EM for 155s, she just isn't the same anymore :Smile_sad:

She is not the same, no more 10 Km 5 out of 7 volleys, but no one underestimates her without feeling extreme pain. I never got a 15 point captain on her before those changes and the gun arc changes that impacted all US DD's & cruisers hard so didn't have the extended range. However, even with that I have a 28K average damage with her.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
32 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I'm jumping in my Kaiser, plowing straight ahead and brawling everything that pops up. My favorite from the time I got it. It's a great boat to have fun in. 

I similar but I jump into my Konig Albert which is a kaiser at tier III I then proceed to do levels of damage that would make tier V ships jealous.

Members
182 posts
728 battles
39 minutes ago, Poharan said:

Always my godly ship the krasny.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, francesabyss said:

Always my godly ship the krasny.

godly and the krasny should never be in a sentence together

• Funny 1

Members
805 posts
2,358 battles

USS St. Louis is my go-to "screw it all" ship; plus it's the closest I'll ever get to a game that features ships-of-the-line.