You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jackieyjy

Sad day today o(╥﹏╥)o

28 comments in this topic

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles

I logged into my wows account to finish the Final mission to get the Russian special commander just to find that the task has ended at 4:30am in the morning. Really depressing case for me cuz I checked the game again last night to make sure I can still finish it today. Who knows 14th of May means 4:20am of the 5.14. I then contacted the support team for that and they were quite patient with my issues. But still I can no longer get Vasily Znamensky. Have been really busy with my finals in the University these days. Just wrote this to make myself feel better.(ó﹏ò。)

(〒︿〒)

Edited by jackieyjy

Members
248 posts
10,431 battles
3 minutes ago, jackieyjy said:

Have been really busy with my finals in the University these days.

You did the right thing... this is just a game and other specialized captains are on the way.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,454 posts
11,762 battles

Sorry u missed out.

I took 7 hours over 3 days to get him.

But I know about coming out short on a special.

The Kamikaze R was a collect pearls by doing missions. Collect 40 over 45 or 50 days and you get the ship free.

I missed put by 1 pearl due to real life issues.

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
6 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

You did the right thing... this is just a game and other specialized captains are on the way.

Thanks bro I just finish my last exam in the morning back I am still sad with no getting the commander..

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Sorry u missed out.

I took 7 hours over 3 days to get him.

But I know about coming out short on a special.

The Kamikaze R was a collect pearls by doing missions. Collect 40 over 45 or 50 days and you get the ship free.

I missed put by 1 pearl due to real life issues.

Thanks man for sharing your experiences. It takes some time to recover though o(╥﹏╥)o

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

I missed out on Jack Dunkirk because I was unable to play, c'est la vie.

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I missed out on Jack Dunkirk because I was unable to play, c'est la vie.

Hope that WG can get these special commanders out again sometimes. 

No that's just in sweet dream lol.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
3 minutes ago, jackieyjy said:

Hope that WG can get these special commanders out again sometimes. 

No that's just in sweet dream lol.

Viktor's brother is coming.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,014 battles

@BrushWolf, @jackieyjy you're in luck (sort of.)  Jack Dunkirk, and Viktor Znamesky have identical twin brothers that will be available some time in the future.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0741/

Edit: Ninja'd by BrushWolf

Edited by HamptonRoads

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

@BrushWolf, @jackieyjy you're in luck (sort of.)  Jack Dunkirk, and Viktor Znamesky have identical twin brothers that will be available some time in the future.

So there are two? 

damn, I thought they were the same guy! Good news for me

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I almost got him, but then the vodka kicked in.

haha that's a cold joke

[SYN]
Members
4,547 posts
11,437 battles
24 minutes ago, jackieyjy said:

I logged into my wows account to finish the Final mission to get the Russian special commander just to find that the task has ended at 4:30am in the morning. Really depressing case for me cuz I checked the game again last night to make sure I can still finish it today. Who knows 14th of May means 4:20am of the 5.14. I then contacted the support team for that and they were quite patient with my issues. But still I can no longer get Vasily Znamensky. Have been really busy with my finals in the University these days. Just wrote this to make myself feel better.(ó﹏ò。)

(〒︿〒)

At least you prioritized your finals over a game.  You should feel good about that.

Depressing when you realize how many go the other way.  Some people create their own unfortunate futures...

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

:Smile_Default:

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
1 minute ago, Kuckoo said:

At least you prioritized your finals over a game.  You should feel good about that.

Depressing when you realize how many go the other way.  Some people create their own unfortunate futures...

I have abandoned many missions because I was going to have to go into marathon mode when I had to get up the next day with no regrets. This is a game and not life and death, well it is a game about life and death, a game that actually would produce fairly historical results in US vs Japan and RN vs Germany battles - extreme detail is not needed to produce historical results, but we can't let the game control our lives.

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm glad that I'm not addicted to the game like my friends who can get 3 Xs form nothing in a month. And yeah, after all, it's your GPA that decides your future, and I'm crystal clear on that.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,028 posts

i feel for the OP

i mean the time setting is really stupid, 5/14 should be end of 5/14, not early in the morning

i mean small things like this will piss players off and lose players, why don't WG correct it, it's way more economic than spent all the $$$$ to do development work or buy ads or fly CCs to russia lol

Edited by Happy668

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have abandoned many missions because I was going to have to go into marathon mode when I had to get up the next day with no regrets. This is a game and not life and death, well it is a game about life and death, a game that actually would produce fairly historical results in US vs Japan and RN vs Germany battles - extreme detail is not needed to produce historical results, but we can't let the game control our lives.

Yeah mastering a game is far more easier than mastering your life and you gotta focus on the harder one

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, jackieyjy said:

Yeah mastering a game is far more easier than mastering your life and you gotta focus on the harder one

Mastering life, :Smile_teethhappy: I am 62 and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

• Cool 2

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i feel for the OP

i mean the time setting is really stupid, 5/14 should be end of 5/14, not early in the morning

i mean small things like this will piss players off and lose players, why don't WG correct it, it's way more economic than spent all the $$$$ to do development work or buy ads or fly CCs to russia lol

That's what pissed me off. If I had know that before I would just let one of my friends do it for me, after all it's only 10000 exp left. They just give blurry times sometimes and you have to take that s**t

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
42 minutes ago, jackieyjy said:

Have been really busy with my finals in the University these day

More important than any mission, a commander you will use once in a while, when your exams affect your life, you get a good job, earn money, but whatever you like in a game, in the end missing out might have paid off in the long run.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles
45 minutes ago, jackieyjy said:

. Who knows 14th of May means 4:20am of the 5.14.

Lesson for you.  I've been bit by that before.  Won't happen again.

BTW, end dates are always early morning times.  (at least on NA server)

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

More important than any mission, a commander you will use once in a while, when your exams affect your life, you get a good job, earn money, but whatever you like in a game, in the end missing out might have paid off in the long run.

Thanks bro for the advice, think I made the right choice

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Lesson for you.  I've been bit by that before.  Won't happen again.

BTW, end dates are always early morning times.  (at least on NA server)

This, all, well at least the World of games missions end on the reset of the last day so always think of the last day as the evening before the end date.

[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,618 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Mastering life, :Smile_teethhappy: I am 62 and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

62, wow, that's around the age of my dad haha. I'm feeling waaaaay better now