Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GunsRus1975

team Kill penalty

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
5 posts
2,684 battles

This new system is very much crap. I never intentionally  hit an ally with my guns or torps but as we all know, sometimes no matter how much you warn them an ally is gonna drive in front of torps you fired 60 seconds ago at an enemy target. that is exactly what happened to me. Fire torps at an enemy, kill him, and remaining torp hits and kills a friendly that stormed out behind the target. Then BOOM I get killed from shared damage from the torp? What in the actual hell is that garbage? stuff happens. Why the hell would you punish me like that? You (Wargaming) want us to play to win? You just killed the guy carrying the team. 

 

This is a trash system and really needs a re-work. I understand wanting/having to find a way to punish those who TK on purpose but your system is not smart enough to understand when the team mate that got hit with the stray torp doesn't read chat, doesn't pay attention to where he is going, or is just plain......not smart.

 

Gimme a break Wargaming.shot-18_05.14_18_19.57-0238.thumb.jpg.682f96ec28f083b0b6442a62e2e94b82.jpg

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

You own your ordnance until it expires, you are responsible. It is not the team mates job or responsibility to watch for unfriendly friendly torps.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
774
[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

Deep water torps can't cause team damage on DDs AFAIK. You shot your ally with guns, this is not the screenshot from said match, or I am being a donkey about DWTs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5 posts
2,684 battles
Just now, pewpewpew42 said:

Deep water torps can't cause team damage on DDs AFAIK. You shot your ally with guns, this is not the screenshot from said match, or I am being a donkey about DWTs.

You are incorrect. ill upload the replay from that match with the TK if you would like

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,789 battles

Don't send torps towards allies, even when there is an enemy there. If there is an ally closing distance with an enemy, don't torp.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

You are responsible for your torps and what they hit.  Period.

There are no excuses or blaming others to talk your way around it.

You effed up.  Own it.  Move on.  You'll be better for it.

Shouldn't be firing torps when you are behind teammates in the first place.  Also, if you're getting shared damage, it means you've inflicted a significant amount of team damage very recently.  You deal team damage consistently.  Stoppit.

 

 

 

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
10 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Deep water torps can't cause team damage on DDs AFAIK. You shot your ally with guns, this is not the screenshot from said match, or I am being a donkey about DWTs.

I missed that, didn't look at the screen shot.

Duh, just realized that when you die from reflected damage you are the ship that killed you. His stray torp found a low health cruiser or BB.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts

Be thankful for the new TK rules that will turn your name pink or, at worst, banish you to Co-op for a number of games.  Under earlier rules, you might have been banned from the game entirely, either temporarily or permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5 posts
2,684 battles

The system is still flawed. i understand I am responsible for my ammo. i get it. When i fired the torps at close to max range out, there were no friendlies behind my target. You just can not predict what people in randoms are going to do ALL the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5 posts
2,684 battles
8 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

Be thankful for the new TK rules that will turn your name pink or, at worst, banish you to Co-op for a number of games.  Under earlier rules, you might have been banned from the game entirely, either temporarily or permanently.

Honestly, my wife would thank Wargaming if they were to ban me forever. I spend way too much money in the premium shop. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
Just now, GunsRus1975 said:

The system is still flawed. i understand I am responsible for my ammo. i get it. When i fired the torps at close to max range out, there were no friendlies behind my target. You just can not predict what people in randoms are going to do ALL the time.

No the system is not flawed at least in the way you think it is. With a near max range shot friendly ships from all over the place can collect the strays.Just take the penalty, work it off, learn from this, and press on. If you continue to try to make this not your fault you will keep having this happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[ADD1S]
Members
21 posts
1,617 battles

Yeah that's really annoying sometimes for teammates to turn onto the torps. But it's just like driving cars, no matter what the front car does, it's always your fault as a back car in a rear-end collision. You have to accept the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles
40 minutes ago, GunsRus1975 said:

This new system is very much crap. I never intentionally  hit an ally with my guns or torps but as we all know, sometimes no matter how much you warn them an ally is gonna drive in front of torps you fired 60 seconds ago at an enemy target. that is exactly what happened to me. Fire torps at an enemy, kill him, and remaining torp hits and kills a friendly that stormed out behind the target. Then BOOM I get killed from shared damage from the torp? What in the actual hell is that garbage? stuff happens. Why the hell would you punish me like that? You (Wargaming) want us to play to win? You just killed the guy carrying the team. 

 

This is a trash system and really needs a re-work. I understand wanting/having to find a way to punish those who TK on purpose but your system is not smart enough to understand when the team mate that got hit with the stray torp doesn't read chat, doesn't pay attention to where he is going, or is just plain......not smart.

 

Gimme a break Wargaming.shot-18_05.14_18_19.57-0238.thumb.jpg.682f96ec28f083b0b6442a62e2e94b82.jpg

Ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with the new system.  What you are describing is exactly what would have happened with the revised TK system which was put into place in the Fall of 2016.  

I get it, you don't like having a pink ship and you don't like getting treated as if you've done something wrong.  But if it means getting real TK's out of the game then I am all for it. They were a plague on the game before the changed system and I was and am very pleased with how well it has worked to keep idiots like that out of WOWS. It's probably one of the most successful things I've seen WG do to improve the game. 

So here's the thing.  If you fire your guns into an ally and cause a signficant amount of damage, intentional or not, you're going to get punished.  If you launch torpedoes and you hit a friendly ship, you are going to be punished.  If you end up TKing a game, you're going to be punished.  If you keep doing these things the punishments will get worse until eventually you're banned from the game.  

This system is designed to keep TK's out of the game (which thank god it pretty much does) and the new system is designed to reduce the occasions of AFK players who AFK on purpose which I'm seeing some evidence it's doing as it begins to rub in that AFKing is no longer such a beneficial option.  

If the price for that is an occasional pink ship or a situation that you've just described, it's a small price to pay for the improvements it brings to the game overall. 

Btw, I'd like to echo @BrushWolf in his comment about who's responsible for your armament.  Long story short, if you hit someone with your shells or torpedoes, it's your fault ... period. It's not really germane to the main issue we're talking about but it is true nonetheless. 

 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,469 posts
6,170 battles

The system has no way to know what is deliberate or not so it is fine the way it is.  Don't expect people in a random game to act the way you want them to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

The system has no way to know what is deliberate or not so it is fine the way it is.  Don't expect people in a random game to act the way you want them to.

Don't expect people to act the way you want them to in any match, people will do the unexpected at the most unexpected times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[NOBS]
Members
532 posts
5,877 battles

Whether you have 100 games or 10000 games, being pink means nothing. I've been pink, from a coop game, I don't randomly launch torps anymore. I've been team killed, was it my fault, no. Did I get tk'd on purpose, no. We both moved on.

At the same time, I saw a DD at the start of a battle turn a dump a full set of torps into the fleet, no one wants players like that. 

If I tk someone, I will take my pink, work it off and try not to do that again. If me being pink for a few games gets the idiots out, so be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
774
[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles
53 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I missed that, didn't look at the screen shot.

Duh, just realized that when you die from reflected damage you are the ship that killed you. His stray torp found a low health cruiser or BB.

 

58 minutes ago, GunsRus1975 said:

You are incorrect. ill upload the replay from that match with the TK if you would like

Aha! So I was just being a donkey... good call @BrushWolf! :cap_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

 

Aha! So I was just being a donkey... good call @BrushWolf! :cap_book:

Have some crow. :Smile-_tongue::Smile_hiding::Smile-_tongue: I appreciate people that will admit mistakes.

eating_crow.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
1 hour ago, GunsRus1975 said:

This new system is very much crap. I never intentionally  hit an ally with my guns or torps but as we all know, sometimes no matter how much you warn them an ally is gonna drive in front of torps you fired 60 seconds ago at an enemy target. that is exactly what happened to me. Fire torps at an enemy, kill him, and remaining torp hits and kills a friendly that stormed out behind the target. Then BOOM I get killed from shared damage from the torp? What in the actual hell is that garbage? stuff happens. Why the hell would you punish me like that? You (Wargaming) want us to play to win? You just killed the guy carrying the team. 

 

This is a trash system and really needs a re-work. I understand wanting/having to find a way to punish those who TK on purpose but your system is not smart enough to understand when the team mate that got hit with the stray torp doesn't read chat, doesn't pay attention to where he is going, or is just plain......not smart.

 

Gimme a break Wargaming.shot-18_05.14_18_19.57-0238.thumb.jpg.682f96ec28f083b0b6442a62e2e94b82.jpg

Its working as intended, your torps hit a friendly, did you apologise to him.

If you got reflective damage were you pink prior to this happening 

Its easy to run to the forums and cry to everyone, but you admit to it, so own it, take responsibility, and move along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
38 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with the new system.  What you are describing is exactly what would have happened with the revised TK system which was put into place in the Fall of 2016.

 

The TK system from the Spring of 2016 explicitly included the possibility of being temporarily or permanently banned from WoWs; the TK system from the 0.7.4 Update only discusses the possibility of being restricted from certain types of battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Deep water torps can't cause team damage on DDs AFAIK. You shot your ally with guns, this is not the screenshot from said match, or I am being a donkey about DWTs.

The reflected damage is what sunk the OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
2 hours ago, GunsRus1975 said:

Why the hell would you punish me like that?

Because you, and you alone, are responsible for all the ordinance you fire.

2 hours ago, GunsRus1975 said:

Why would an ally WANT to hit my torps?

The correct question is "Why did you put your torps somewhere your team mate could run into them?" He isn't responsible for dodging your torps.

2 hours ago, GunsRus1975 said:

You just can not predict what people in randoms are going to do ALL the time.

No, but you CAN refrain from firing torps when there is a chance of a team mate running into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

If you have to warn your allies about launched torp's you've already messed up.

I was torped in rank play recently while engaged with 3 enemy BB's while in my NC by a team mate who ranted and raved that i should have seen his warning and that i intended to move into his torps. He ranted and raved about how he was pink now and it was my fault. Needless to say my team gave me karma to offset his report on me for not seeing his torps while facing down two Bismarcks and a Monarch.

When i play anything with torps i don't shoot them near team mates. Its not on them to know those torps are coming, its on me because i'm launching them.

Suck it up and stop blaming other people for bad torp plays. Its toxic and ignorant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×