Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Fiji Commander skills

6 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,378 battles

Hi;

Noticed that some Fiji setups do not recommend Smoke Screen Expert, but do recommend Jack of All Trades.  Question.  Which would be the better to choose?  Wargaming Wiki recommends Jack of All  Trades, but it's only a 5% reload increase.  Hardly seems worth it.

Thanks

[SYN]
Members
2,211 posts
8,237 battles

I would get Jack, but it would be one of my last skills. I don't think SSE is worth it, especially now that they have increased the work time of the stock smoke.

My current setup is PT/AR/Superintendent/CE. EM is okay for the lower tier boats, but then you don't need it for the Mino, which is kind of annoying.

After that AFT and JoAT to 16, and not sure about the last three yet.

Beta Testers
8,779 posts
14,436 battles

Fiji Commanders are allowed the exact same skills as Commanders from any other nation; WG and WOW do not discriminate against persons from Fiji.

Members
842 posts

Frankly, I consider EM more worth while than JoAT or SSE.  Though I definitely would pick SSE over JoAT.

PT - AR - SI - CE - SE - EM, the whichever 4-point skill you think worthy.

I went full hog with my Jack Dunkirk captain, and got SSE and JoAT for my 19-pointer on Edinburgh. 

[-K-]
Members
553 posts
4,267 battles

The Fiji is a great boat. JoaT is on my Fiji captain due to the fact that RN CLs rely a lot on their consumables. Be that smoke, hydro or heal. 

Team that with flags that give you another five percent and its ten percent quicker to reload. 

Generally for stock RN CLs i go PT -AR - SI - CE - AFT - JoaT and the last three points on my whimsies.

Good AA ability and amount of consumables which you will need and use. 

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I just purchased back the Fiji - I'd moved on to Edin some time ago, but the grind went fallow as I pursued GK, Shima, Hindy, Henry and the 52 (have them all now - so continuing on with Edin).

However -the Fiji enjoys some pretty awesome MM - and is a bit of a beast in her tier, so I purchased her back to harvest a little salt in.

My skipper sits at 16 points, for the moment - but I'm aiming at:

PT, JOAT, EM, BFT, SI, AFT and CE

I also use the flag that reduces the cool down of consumables - as it means - when coupled with JOAT - the next smoke is not far off!  Thats more important to me than the size of the smoke cloud, imho. 

I feel like I see enough CVs at this tier to justify BFT, AFT and the AA module.  Most CV skippers know enough to avoid RN CLs - but every now and then I catch one napping and do some quick damage to his attack squadrons.

Sign in to follow this