You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ROCKTEE

Unique Soviet Commander Viktor Znamensky - B.S. 10 day window to complete.

35 comments in this topic

[RQL]
Members
4 posts
8,453 battles

As the title say's, life got in the way, missed getting the commander by 2 kills. Why in the world was the time frame to complete this only 10 days.

THANKS WARGAMMING, for nothing.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles

Was pretty short but doable with out much effort.... if you played the game that is. 

Not to worry many more of these opportunities will arise. Would not be surprised if we have some repeat chances as well. 

Cheers

[STW-M]
Members
2,052 posts
5,866 battles

You had trouble with the kills?

Here's a link to a thread I started that might help: 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, ROCKTEE said:

As the title say's, life got in the way, missed getting the commander by 2 kills. Why in the world was the time frame to complete this only 10 days.

Look I did it all in Co-Op and in Operations it was really not that hard to do.

• Cool 4

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

I did it without a division in three hours. Admittedly, I rushed the XP with a Mosaic camo and a nice carry, but it's well within reach. Besides, if you miss this one, his 'brother' should come to the game sometime soon (identical skills, slightly different name).

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Look I did it all in Co-Op and in Operations it was really not that hard to do.

Brilliant.... duh. Should have done that for my last needed kill. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
12,986 battles

@Avenge_December_7 the mission ended this morning.

@ROCKTEE, if you missed out on Viktor, there will be an chance to earn his brother Vasily (exact same skill bumps.)  This was announced with the 7.4.1 patch:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0741/

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Brilliant.... duh. Should have done that for my last needed kill. 

Sorry, but it was an Duh! moment, for myself as well.

See I was complaining in chat about it then one of my teammates said go do it in Operations

[STW-M]
Members
2,052 posts
5,866 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

the mission ended this morning.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but nobody knows if WG might just bring this back for the other special commanders this month.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,608 battles

Whats ironic is I just picked up the do 200k damage to russian ships mission in one of the stock campaigns and I cant find a russian ship.

2 weeks ago I couldnt find a german or japanese ship outside of coop.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles
7 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Sorry, but it was an Duh! moment, for myself as well.

See I was complaining in chat about it then one of my teammates said go do it in Operations

Yeah I always forget about coop when I am doing missions. I am usually trying to accomplish multiple things in each battle, but moving down to coop for some missions would be very time saving. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
12,986 battles
4 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

Whats ironic is I just picked up the do 200k damage to russian ships mission in one of the stock campaigns and I cant find a russian ship.

2 weeks ago I couldnt find a german or japanese ship outside of coop.

I'm afraid you're going to find this mission even more difficult starting this weekend.  There is a German commander mission requiring 50K damage to USN, and VMF ships, so everyone is going to be shooting at US, and Soviet ships.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

Was pretty short but doable with out much effort.... if you played the game that is. 

Not to worry many more of these opportunities will arise. Would not be surprised if we have some repeat chances as well. 

Cheers

That would be cool.   The only Russian line I'm playing right now is the DD's- and they're on the bottom of my grind list.  (Lyon, Benson, Baltimore, and Elite XP are all ahead of it,  as are several other ships I play regularly at the moment)  I've also cut way back on my playtime lately due to sheer frustration. (did not play at all Mon-Thurs, and only a couple games on Fri.  None on Sat.)   I don't care for the cruisers > t4, so they never see play.  I plumb forgot about Okt Rev- that one would have qualified...:Smile_facepalm:   (AND it plays very similarly to Lyon, so I'd have likely done rather well in it)

Thus,  I think I only had 3 or 4 games in Russian ships during the entire 10 days- and one of them was a  stuck so long in load-in that my ship was dead when I finally GOT in...   Never even got past the 400 ribbons mission.

[SPF]
Members
95 posts
9,397 battles

Very likely, this weekend there will be "return of john Doe" running in parallel to the unique german commander missions. So possibly 2 unique commander to pick up this coming weekend.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

it took me a solid 4-hours to complete the German ship kill requirement.  Germans ships were pretty scarce when I happened to be online.  

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

but the new commander is pretty handy with his turret traverse speed bonus.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,937 posts
7,508 battles

It took me about 3 hours total to earn him. I did stage 2 in one round in a Scenario, took about 5 rounds in Budy for stage 3, did stage 1 with Khaba and Budy. Roughly 8 total rounds played to earn him.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,020 posts

i agree the time should be longer, that doesn't hurt anyone, it's good business, why not?

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles

It took 25 battles before I could get the German kills.   In the first 23, there was exactly one German ship within gun range.  Burned the Shiny Horse down to well under 1k HP as a QE sniped the kill.  Didn't see another the rest of the day.  Only way I got the German kills was when the Op changed over to Newport.  German and IJN ships in that one.  But I don't think there are Ops that get you shooting at Russian botes.  And given how everyone will seagull the ones that show up, no one will dare take one into PvP during that task.  You'd just get focused by everyone.  These "sink X number of ships from Y nation while driving a ship of Z nation" just makes for a lot of poor game play.  If there is one target bote in the match, half the team ignores EVERYTHING to try to get that one kill.  

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

did the whole kill sin Operations.  German ones, I had to wait till last week, but once I could do it in operation, pretty easy. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
14 minutes ago, centarina said:

did the whole kill sin Operations.  German ones, I had to wait till last week, but once I could do it in operation, pretty easy. 

yeah -- had I known the next Operation was going to have German ships galore I would have waited to complete the missions.

Speaking of which, does WG post a calendar for Operations -- names of operations and dates they will be active? 

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Members
805 posts
2,358 battles

That sucks that I missed this mission being on leave and state side; would have been a great time had I had my PC.

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,728 battles
53 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

but the new commander is pretty handy with his turret traverse speed bonus.  

What’s kinda interesting is that the Commander’s skills seem tailored for a BB skipper...Is this just portending the release of the Stalingrad/Kronstadt...or a possible Russian BB line?

Edited by hangglide42

[1IF]
Members
78 posts
2,709 battles

It was only a special commander, it's not like you missed out on a ship.  I missed the Aigle by a few missions, and started the New Years campaign too late, so I didn't get the DoY and the subsequent T6 tech tree ships that I didn't have for free.  It bothered me some, but I know I wouldn't be using them much, as I won't be making much use of this commander as I rarely play Russian ships.  

The only thing I found irritating about the campaign wasn't the ship kill requirement, but the T6 requirement.  I had to alternate between Leningrad and Molotov (got them in Xmas crates) to do the missions and I never played them (Leningrad is fun though, very fast).  Until this campaign, my Russian experience was limited to the Kirov grind and the Okt Rev.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
2 hours ago, ROCKTEE said:

I missed the Kamikaze R (or Fujin, don't remember which) by two pearls, but I didn't come whining in the forums blaming "wargamming" for it.

Get over it.

Edited by Kuckoo