Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bergy1506

Disappearing Ships

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
3,797 battles

I been noticing that when I release my torpedoes and they are in the water, and definitly will hit the opposing ship, then the ship fires and destroys me, the opposing ship disappears and my torpedoes sail on by as if nothing was there, why is this???

• Boring 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles

Try to use the search. There are so many of these questions. When the ship disappears right when you are destroyed it means you were the one spotting the ship. If you aren’t there to spot, the ship is not longer spotted. As far as the torps, it is easy enough to dodge torps if you see the DD close enough to kill. I’m assuming you launched in the lead indicator line?

• Bad 1

Members
2 posts
3,797 battles

Actually most of the times that this happened, is when coming around an island, also should have mention that it was mainly with  Heavy Cruisers & Battleships

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles

Because you were spotting the ship. Once you are sunk the ship will no longer be spotted. Your torps didn't hit because the other ship dodged them.

Members
1,347 posts
504 battles
1 hour ago, Bergy1506 said:

I been noticing that when I release my torpedoes and they are in the water, and definitly will hit the opposing ship, then the ship fires and destroys me, the opposing ship disappears and my torpedoes sail on by as if nothing was there, why is this???

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles
1 hour ago, Bergy1506 said:

Actually most of the times that this happened, is when coming around an island, also should have mention that it was mainly with  Heavy Cruisers & Battleships

Like I said if you are the one spotting (assuming you go around the corner and spot them because you are launching torps at them) when you are destroyed they will disappear. 

Sign in to follow this