You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_MiDKnighTx_

Ranked: Pay it Forward

16 comments in this topic

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,324 battles

Most of us use the report feature to report an AFK player or a player who is completely detrimental to the team's success.  I think this is used a lot in ranked.  Admit it, you probably use the report feature more for negativity than positivity.  

But here's an idea...  For every game you win in ranked...and even some that you lose... pick an MVP of your team and give them a compliment.  Did your teammate get a crucial and hard fought kill that sealed the win?  Did they provide excellent game awareness and coordination in the chat, etc... ?  Were they an excellent team player?  If you see a teammate and say "We wouldn't have won without that <insert ship here>" then they deserve a compliment!  Pay it forward!

• Cool 4

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

I have been trying to get better about this.  Also I have made it a point if I have a great battle in a one on one situation with someone, to give the enemy guy complement too.  

• Cool 2

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,292 battles

Great suggestion!

[ARGSY]
Members
1,288 posts
8,960 battles

Let the team know who you're complimenting, too. That often motivates others to send a bit of love their way, and every so often, it gets reciprocated. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,741 battles
42 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Most of us use the report feature to report an AFK player or a player who is completely detrimental to the team's success.  I think this is used a lot in ranked.  Admit it, you probably use the report feature more for negativity than positivity.  

But here's an idea...  For every game you win in ranked...and even some that you lose... pick an MVP of your team and give them a compliment.  Did your teammate get a crucial and hard fought kill that sealed the win?  Did they provide excellent game awareness and coordination in the chat, etc... ?  Were they an excellent team player?  If you see a teammate and say "We wouldn't have won without that <insert ship here>" then they deserve a compliment!  Pay it forward!

I do this everytime.

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,242 battles

I try to run out of complements before I use all my reports.  I tend to not report a AFK if his guns are fore and aft, that usually means they are DC'd.  I don't report a player that makes an honest mistake or derps bad, I mean come on, we all make mistakes.  I mostly report those players that are arrogant butt heads in the chat, that doesn't mean if they salt it a little, I mean when they just cant shut the &%$@ up and let other players do there job.  Don't get me started on stat [edited], really cant stand them at all.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,424 battles

I use compliments far more often than the reports. I'll spread them out for my own team or for the other, if there was someone on the red team that really did something deserving or if they were particularly entertaining or interesting in chat.

There's no point to reporting AFK. The automated system will catch it, so you're just wasting a compliment or an actual report.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
9,351 battles

AND don't forget to compliment right away...I had a game a couple of weeks ago and told the player they had a compliment coming as they were just doing great teamwork, but I forgot in the hurry to get another game going and went back after 2 other battles and couldn't do it!! I was distressed!  So take a moment and give a deserving teammate an comp!

[PVE]
Members
507 posts
4,325 battles

I only reported people for poor play if they actively refused to support or play the objectives (since they got to keep their star with their damage farming :Smile-angry:). I didn't report derpy moments because they happen to everyone, especially me.  Trying is what matters to me.  I did compliment quite a few people who really won the game in one way or another.

I need to get better about doing it in randoms.

Toxic people running their mouths and calling people names always get reported.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles

I've been farming compliments in ranked. Way higher rate than in randoms, so that's nice.

I'd guess people stick around more in ranked until the end than in randoms?

[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,314 battles

Hey I do this ! I'll give up votes to 4-5 guys on a hard fought win. If someone yolos and dies, and the team comes back is a perfect example

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
134 posts
7,143 battles
21 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

I only reported people for poor play if they actively refused to support or play the objectives (since they got to keep their star with their damage farming :Smile-angry:). I didn't report derpy moments because they happen to everyone, especially me.  Trying is what matters to me.  I did compliment quite a few people who really won the game in one way or another.

I need to get better about doing it in randoms.

Toxic people running their mouths and calling people names always get reported.

It's just a waste of time to even bother since the system does nothing except -1 from a Karma score, which is also meaningless at this time. The system is so broken and abused that even if you did nothing wrong, you still get reported by those that think they know better or want to throw the blame on others; not reflecting what they could've done better themselves.

19 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I've been farming compliments in ranked. Way higher rate than in randoms, so that's nice.

I'd guess people stick around more in ranked until the end than in randoms?

Early on yes, but later on in the higher brackets like R5-2, the salt gets real...so getting a report is more common here regardless if you did nothing wrong or the error was only minor.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

I compliment regularly, I may use 1 report for every 10 compliments if that, only if they farm damage and don’t go for the objectives or do nothing to help deliberately will I report for poor play. The only times I report for chat are those salty buttheads that are like those who report me for simply playing a CV, or getting my face stomped on by someone with 75%+ WR after 300 games in that CV. 

I do my best to compliment once a battle, whether it be my team or the reds, I often compliment the enemy player that made me really angry by shutting me down. 

Complimenting is good, so compliment.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Yeah I like using my compliments when I see players that have obviously been trying their best to help out. A player may not be a great player, but if they caught my attention by obviously trying hard to be helpful then a little encouragement is often nice..

And hate having to use reports so I only use them if somebody 100% is deserving of them.

[INTEL]
Members
794 posts
8,263 battles

I try to use my reports/comps like this already. Honestly I only report for someone whos just being a total @@@ or just refuses to do anything useful. I know reports do nothing, but the placebo effect thing so I can imagine its annialating their comp or something. :Smile_izmena:

Im sure some dont care one way or another but I enjoy getting a comp. It says at some point I did something useful and my team appreciated it. When you are as bad as I every little thing helps.