You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Where do locked threads go when they die?

6 comments in this topic

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

In this "off topic" section, there is a sub forum called "locked thread archive". I've never looked before, but I assumed all locked threads go there to be buried.

There is some info on one thread that I didn't have the chance to copy and I'd like to find it. I don't see it there, but it did happen over the weekend.

Do all locked threads go to that subforum??

Is there a turn around period that it takes for them to show up?

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
7,612 posts
3,239 battles

I can't answer the question directly, but some threads don't -- they get permanently deleted.  E.g. the recent Flag Etiquette thread. 

AFAICT, moving a thread to the Locked Threads sub-forum requires an affirmative action by a mod.  It seems that many locked threads are left in place to fall off the active pages by aging.

[NNG]
Members
1,655 posts
2,416 battles

He's right, most just go to the locked archive but for some reason some of the threads just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,003 posts
2 hours ago, Edselman said:

He's right, most just go to the locked archive but for some reason some of the threads just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. 

This is usually when a thread involves an ongoing problem rather than just users slinging insults at each other

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,293 battles
6 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Don't go to heaven where the angels fly. (Internet cookie if you get the refrence).

In all seriousness though, it is likely they are just deleted if the stored cache gets too large. 

• Funny 1