You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Where do locked threads go when they die?

6 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

In this "off topic" section, there is a sub forum called "locked thread archive". I've never looked before, but I assumed all locked threads go there to be buried.

There is some info on one thread that I didn't have the chance to copy and I'd like to find it. I don't see it there, but it did happen over the weekend.

Do all locked threads go to that subforum??

Is there a turn around period that it takes for them to show up?

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

I can't answer the question directly, but some threads don't -- they get permanently deleted.  E.g. the recent Flag Etiquette thread. 

AFAICT, moving a thread to the Locked Threads sub-forum requires an affirmative action by a mod.  It seems that many locked threads are left in place to fall off the active pages by aging.

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles

He's right, most just go to the locked archive but for some reason some of the threads just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,544 posts
2 hours ago, Edselman said:

He's right, most just go to the locked archive but for some reason some of the threads just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. 

This is usually when a thread involves an ongoing problem rather than just users slinging insults at each other

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
6 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Don't go to heaven where the angels fly. (Internet cookie if you get the refrence).

In all seriousness though, it is likely they are just deleted if the stored cache gets too large. 

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,940 battles

I think the threads are processed something like this...

D38E0CB3-C183-4336-A7DB-658D99C76FD5.jpeg.edd9ae0fef01cfb4a65e0577bf634484.jpeg

• Funny 1