You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

OP Team Kill for the (red) win!

37 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles

Well, that was fun! A ranked battle on mountain range; we held all three caps, were up a ship, and were well on our way to a very solid win. The reds were contesting A cap, and our Conq and  Gearing were holding it. The Conq player, a member of one of the over powered clans, didn't like the way Gearing was playing, so he did the only reasonable thing and he TK'd the Gearing, which also killed himself. 

So, just like that, we are down a ship....and A cap is undefended. And, that was that. Red wins, I lose a star, and the worst thing that's going to happen to the great (team) killer in the Conqueror is he'll turn pink for a few games. Nice.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles

Are you sure it's not zero powered clan? /s

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
4 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Are you sure it's not zero powered clan? /s

Not a good look for that clan. Not a good look at all.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
170 posts
8,553 battles

Yeah, I've seen that sort of behavior from that group in the past. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
33 minutes ago, legozer said:

Well, that was fun! A ranked battle on mountain range; we held all three caps, were up a ship, and were well on our way to a very solid win. The reds were contesting A cap, and our Conq and  Gearing were holding it. The Conq player, a member of one of the over powered clans, didn't like the way Gearing was playing, so he did the only reasonable thing and he TK'd the Gearing, which also killed himself. 

So, just like that, we are down a ship....and A cap is undefended. And, that was that. Red wins, I lose a star, and the worst thing that's going to happen to the great (team) killer in the Conqueror is he'll turn pink for a few games. Nice.

If the Gearing would have followed orders that none of that would have happened. In the Navy, mutineers are shot!!!

This is intended as humor and is just a joke. Some people take this game way to serious and for the Conq driver, he must have serious personal issues.

Members
9,973 posts
37 minutes ago, legozer said:

This is what Clans bring to the game.....:Smile_smile:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

No it isn't. 

[HINON]
Members
9,029 posts
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This is what some people bring to the game. 

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

its what some clans bring to the game -- i.e. childish behavior.  Did the OP try contacting the clan leader of the offender.  Once in awhile you'll find a reputable clan leader that will actually reprimand or remove the offending child from the clan.   

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

That's the moment when I love to have replays enabeled.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,336 battles

Reminds me of the time I was in Khaba with 3 other DDs on my team.  I was flanked out wide and a "friendly" Zao shoots me and takes 20% of my health.  I think this is a mistake so I ask in the chat "why did you shoot me?".  Apparently it was for not going in the cap and facing certain death when there are 3 actual DDs with low detect that were avoiding the caps.  He ended up dying soon after and I ended up with 100k damage and 2 kills even after the 20% health lost.  I would have had more damage + kills but I pushed into a cap when I normally wouldn't because of what had happened and got killed.  

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
13 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

its what some clans bring to the game -- i.e. childish behavior.  Did the OP try contacting the clan leader of the offender.  Once in awhile you'll find a reputable clan leader that will actually reprimand or remove the offending child from the clan.   

I was in the process of doing just that when you posted this.

[YORHA]
Members
3,336 posts
Just now, legozer said:

I was in the process of doing just that when you posted this.

Let us know what the reply is.  Would be good to know for future reference.

Members
9,973 posts
52 minutes ago, legozer said:

No it isn't. 

Never played a competitive game before? Clans bring this type of behavior...always have.:cap_hmm:

The only difference is, this game is over run by a casual crowd that isn't concerned about competition...so ugly behavior stands out more.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Never played a competitive game before? Clans bring this type of behavior...always have.:cap_hmm:

The only difference is, this game is over run by a casual crowd that isn't concerned about competition...so ugly behavior stands out more.:Smile_teethhappy:

Ranked, dude. It was in a ranked match. Had zero to do with clans, and everything to do with an isolated idiot.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
348 posts
3,437 battles
5 minutes ago, legozer said:

Ranked, dude. It was in a ranked match. Had zero to do with clans, and everything to do with an isolated idiot.

Though I got to tell you. I saw that once in a clan battle. A DD and CA got into it and torpedoed each other to oblivion. Handed our clan the win, but the confusion on our side over what had just happened was hilarious.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,312 posts
4,256 battles
9 minutes ago, legozer said:

Had zero to do with clans, and everything to do with an isolated idiot.

I'm sure there are some clans which tend to attract a certain type of person, the outcome depending on who is doing the recruiting. If you have people in charge who are known to be tolerant of that sort of :etc_swear:, any clan they run will attract like minds. I was never more horrified than when I saw someone offering doubloon bounties for teamkills on certain players. (That entire thread and all its replies vanished shortly thereafter, and I really hope the player's account did too.)

Members
18,240 posts
5,209 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I disagree. Pretty sure that no clan has a rule that you have to act like a jerk.

A player who does stuff like that is going to do it whether he's in a clan or not. The clan tag just makes them more recognisable, and ties multiple players of that sort together.

• Cool 2

[STW-M]
Members
2,059 posts
5,874 battles

Sadly, this is a reminder that being a competent player and being part of a competent clan are no guarantee of someone being good for the game's atmosphere or community.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,290 posts
8,987 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Sadly, this is a reminder that being a competent player and being part of a competent clan are no guarantee of someone being good for the game's atmosphere or community.

This is someone who knows how to win, and is likely very competitive. I wonder how he or his clan mates would react if they were in my position and they took the loss because I TKd someone out of spite. I imagine the salt would have been piling high....

[STW-M]
Members
2,059 posts
5,874 battles
4 minutes ago, legozer said:

This is someone who knows how to win, and is likely very competitive. I wonder how he or his clan mates would react if they were in my position and they took the loss because I TKd someone out of spite. I imagine the salt would have been piling high....

Well, good luck with whatever course of action you decide to take.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

ranked is already challenging enough.  If I were you, I'd be pretty angry if someone arbitrarily pissed away what appeared to have been a sure win by deliberately TK'ing.  

[STW-M]
Members
2,059 posts
5,874 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Dirt said:

ranked is already challenging enough.  If I were you, I'd be pretty angry if someone arbitrarily pissed away what appeared to have been a sure win by deliberately TK'ing.  

From what I've heard, this clan (I'm assuming OPG) has a pretty bad reputation. They may have cleaned up their act recently (not 100% sure about that), but you can still find a lot of stuff on reddit.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,428 posts
3,875 battles

This is the kind of behavior that people defend until they're blue in the face whenever someone suggests just removing friendly fire damage.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This is the kind of behavior that people defend until they're blue in the face whenever someone suggests just removing friendly fire damage.

It would certainly remove a lot of the aspects associated with "responsible" use of your torpedoes when friendlies are near.  I'm constanly holding my torps due to the potential for erratic driving by friendly ships.    If there's no blue on blue....let the torps fly.

Edited by Dr_Dirt