You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

19 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,017 posts
8,240 battles

Lucky weekend. I had so many wins Saturday and Sunday.

Might keep Independence. That CV fits me naturally, and so far helped carry a team 75% of the time to a devastating win since keep my planes alive to end of match.

After seeing 5 dds per team matches like this are more fun:

u7ODIl4.jpg

Yamamoto and my Yamato captain are now officially at 19-pointers! Gonna need to rebuild my elite XP stock, spent it to reroll Yamamoto since found RPF isn't that powerful compared to having SE.

Saw @Kaga_Kai_Ni and a few other forumites (thanks Kaga for the ice cream!) as well.

And another T10 acquired:

12YdHM4.jpg

Gonna need to decide what to use the FXP for. Can easily snap up Kurfurst and Z-52, push to Lexington, and have enough to research Benson or Richelieu next. Do want Fletcher eventually.

Would be nice to face a competent Essex. I've run Taiho 3x over weekend and each time out-carried him. Even had a surprise 5v5 because Essex guy in queue for so long. I almost feel bad for the Ryujo and Independence captains I've outplayed.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles

Pretty good, took me for ever to get the kill on the last German ship for the Russian commander, but had a lot of fun hunting them.:Smile_great:

I am also on tier 9 for both Russian DD's trying to make friends with them. I think I have the Tashkent figured out (I play it as an evasion tank). The Udaloi is still a mystery to me lol. Could be actually good AA ship but.... feels weird. 

Was in a battle with Notser.

Played a little bit of WOT working down the Italian line.

Sold a tier 8 horse in Black Desert. :Smile_medal:

Made a ton of progress in the campaign in Battletech. :Smile_great:

[MIA-A]
Members
2,111 posts
6,750 battles

My weekend spree was going from rank 14 to rank 7.1, which was nice.

We'll see if I can continue that ;)

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Man,  Ranked was terrible this weekend for me. Must've been playing during the wrong times of the day.

You'll like the Alsace when you get it. Definitely a ship for pushing hard and carrying the team. The secondary build rocks.

[TDRB]
Members
1,092 posts
4,167 battles

Pretty good, took me for ever to get the kill on the last German ship for the Russian commander, but had a lot of fun hunting them.:Smile_great:

It was getting a little frustrating trying to get that last German ship. It seemed like my shells were always a nano second late to finish off the German ship. Then on the 3rd part of the challenge I sunk many German ships. Now I have a 10pt Russian captain without a ship to put him on. My Molotov has a 10pt captain. I guess I could place him on the Varyag.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

Let me write not of this past weekend, but of the last week and a half of +200% gloriousness and ship sales, during which I:

• Finished playing through the Edinburgh and bought a Neptune on sale.  44% win rate in 36 games with the Edinburgh - I promise I am not that bad in that ship;
  • Played through the Queen Elizabeth from 3000 to 80500 xp, and bought a KGV on sale;
  • Finished playing through the Bismarck, such that I'll be ready to buy a FdG with the German BB sale at the end of the month;
  • Finished playing through the Gadjah Mada, such that I can buy a Hsienyang whenever that is convenient.  94% win rate in 18 games (17/18) with the Gadjah Mada, hardly much of a "grind" - I promise I am not that good in that ship, small sample sizes and all that;
  • Got free xp up from around 500K to over 700K.

I am, however, hurting for silver and need to grind that a bit before the end of the month.

Members
1,458 posts
12,318 battles

Finally over the hump in Ranked to tier 10.  Played a few tier 10 ships, but not sure which will be my “go to”. 

Played a few scenario games to get the 25 flags, quite a few near misses ( 4 stars), until I took my Arizona in to anchor a 5 star win. 

Have had my Roma since Jan, but have not taken her out much, took her out on Sunday and was top tier for once, was reminded how much fun she is.  

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,104 battles

Had some great Ranked teams on Saturday.....less so yesterday.

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
727 posts
4,147 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Lucky weekend. I had so many wins Saturday and Sunday.

Might keep Independence. That CV fits me naturally, and so far helped carry a team 75% of the time to a devastating win since keep my planes alive to end of match.

After seeing 5 dds per team matches like this are more fun:

u7ODIl4.jpg

Yamamoto and my Yamato captain are now officially at 19-pointers! Gonna need to rebuild my elite XP stock, spent it to reroll Yamamoto since found RPF isn't that powerful compared to having SE.

Saw @Kaga_Kai_Ni and a few other forumites (thanks Kaga for the ice cream!) as well.

And another T10 acquired:

12YdHM4.jpg

Gonna need to decide what to use the FXP for. Can easily snap up Kurfurst and Z-52, push to Lexington, and have enough to research Benson or Richelieu next. Do want Fletcher eventually.

Would be nice to face a competent Essex. I've run Taiho 3x over weekend and each time out-carried him. Even had a surprise 5v5 because Essex guy in queue for so long. I almost feel bad for the Ryujo and Independence captains I've outplayed.

Enjoy your Ice Cream :p

And hey, looks like you had a good weekend! .o/

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Gonna need to decide what to use the FXP for. Can easily snap up Kurfurst and Z-52, push to Lexington, and have enough to research Benson or Richelieu next.

youre kidding right.  your gonna blow FXP to get a Lexington?  Is there an up coming Lex buff that I missed?

[CK5]
Members
803 posts
6,555 battles

I just continued a long and very annoying losing streak.  It has to end sometime (he lies convincingly to himself). 

• Funny 1

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,327 battles

A ton of fun in ranked with my Asasio... until all those BBs gave me a million negative karma.  

[NG-NL]
Members
5,017 posts
8,240 battles
45 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

youre kidding right.  your gonna blow FXP to get a Lexington?  Is there an up coming Lex buff that I missed?

Right now US CV is the cheapest line in terms of XP to upgrade. If you missed it, then during the patch to change loadouts, players were compensated back XP and credits spent buying upgraded planes.

Nelson doesn't interest me, and Worchester/Stalingrad don't look too appealing necessarily, so my FXP is just waiting to be used.

No question that yes, Ranger and Lex will come with the frustration of dueling Kaga/Saipan and Enterprise/GZ, but I'm willing to take it for a while.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Pretty bad for me, I played during the afternoon and evening PST. Logged off after a string of matches, mostly losses. In a number of those matches only top 3 or 4 on the winning / losing team got above 1000 exp.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles
4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It was getting a little frustrating trying to get that last German ship. It seemed like my shells were always a nano second late to finish off the German ship. Then on the 3rd part of the challenge I sunk many German ships. Now I have a 10pt Russian captain without a ship to put him on. My Molotov has a 10pt captain. I guess I could place him on the Varyag.

Save him for Krohstadt

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

Same as last weekend, really.

Played a few matches on Friday, it sucked,  said Nope! and clicked off.

Saturday, I never got around to playing.

Sunday, was great, and I binge played until hunger drove me away from my computer, lol.   Lyon is well over 109k xp- Richie is right around the corner!  Benson/Ghoul (yes, I use the Halloween camo!) is starting to come into it's own and promises to be a fun grind.

I also grabbed Queenie out of port,  gave it it's fitting out, and took it out to play.   Not as bad as I'd expected!  Not great, either- but it's an improvement over the yukky Iron Dork.   Also remembered I own the Duke of York, and finally took it out again.  Fun was had.

Also used Sims to grind more E-XP with my 19 point commander.  Love this DD!   Murdered the enemy DD;  suckered an Omaha into chasing me around- while I burned him down;  then ambushed the red Texas and fed him all 6 torpedoes.  The resulting explosion warmed the cockles of my heart!

Had a great day in Nor-Cal, too.  ( playing "EAT THIS, Bi%$H!!")

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,694 battles

Reached 1.1 million free XP and 2.2 million elite capt points. Ready for  US cruisers....