You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PcolaTy_1

Is USS Arizona worth the price

18 comments in this topic

Members
805 posts
2,358 battles

The Arizona recently went back on sale with a great "discount" of only $48.14 for a tier 6 US standard BB with some goodies attached as well; most important being a port slot and 4k doubloons and 4m silver. I've read LittleWhiteMouse's review on the Arizona when it first went live a year or two ago, but am wondering if the Arizona is still competitive seeing as she has a major flaw; being AA. The price of the ship is not an issue for me and the silver and doubloons seems to be a good value for a ship as well. 

*I am up to the Montana and Des Moines for the US Navy, so am familiar with the standard BB.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles

The only thing I don't like about her is the 35 second reload, well she is slow too.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles

She's still a very solid performer.

• Cool 3

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Well as far as the price, that is up to you. The reload is a little weird to me because it is a little longer but it’s workable. The accuracy is great. Sure you have bad salvos but in general I can consistently land a good number of shells and do good damage. She is slow just like other USN low tier BB’s. The AA is bad but it doesn’t hurt the ship too much in my opinion. With how rare CV’s seem to be in ransoms lately, I don’t see it as a deal breaker. I do have my AA captain from the Des Moines in it and with BFT and AFT I still shoot down a few planes if they come toward me. It’s a good ship to me. I have only played 8 battles but most are bottom tier. So far 75% WR and 62k damage. Not bad but I’m sure WR will come down over time.

Members
1,458 posts
12,310 battles

Yes, she is a great ship- accurate gunnery makes her competitive when tiered up - have over 100 ships, but she is one I still play regularly.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,256 posts
9,099 battles

If you like New Mexico, you'll like Arizona.  Her gunnery is a bit more accurate as well.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

For her history alone she is worth it. One day she will be in my port.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If you like New Mexico, you'll like Arizona.  Her gunnery is a lot more accurate as well.

There, I fixed it for you.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

My first and only 7 kill match... so, yes!shot-18_03.09_00_02.39-0531.thumb.jpg.e53a8d03c99c7e8aa9f9ce5c3440b82a.jpg

• Cool 1

[-OPS-]
Members
70 posts
4,573 battles

I won her in a crate in 2016..sold her in2017...I just did not like her much..slow, long reload..

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles

Her accuracy makes her worth it, even with the slow reload. I have fun when I sail her. She isn't Warspite-level fun but still a good ship.

Edited by Khafni

Members
599 posts

I play her in scenarios. But would wait for Santa crates.  Not worth it if you are all the way to Montana. Get some high end flags etc and see what ships come for your $48 in Santa Crates. 

Members
9,961 posts

Over-priced bundles should never be purchased, it simply encourages WG to keep doing it...:Smile_teethhappy:

AZ is a solid ship though, highly accurate but slow and slow reload.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Raptor Rescue with an extended torp detect captain skill does very well.  Pull that up next to Raptor and stay there all mission long.

Detect the torps further away, and Raptor can dodge them.  Absorb a few that it can't.  Swat DDs with HE and secondaries.

Also does a wonderful job in Newport, but I prefer the Mutsu with it's torps for that.

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

It's basically a New Mexico with better armor and accuracy in exchange for slightly less hard-hitting guns, a negligible decrease in torpedo protection (39% on Arizona vs 42% on New Mexico), slightly lower speed, and worse AA.

As for my personal preference, well, just look at my IGN and profile picture.

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles

I have never regretted buying her.  She helped me get my first captain to 19 points and I used her a lot in Tier VI ranked.  Still like playing her, even though she is slow.  Good guns and armor make up for it...

Members
805 posts
2,358 battles

Thank you to everyone who replied; I certainly see the general consensus for the Arizona being a good well rounded ship. Right now I am just thinking if I should pick her up now, or wait until December which I am positive she will go on sale again; who knows, maybe even have a mission to try and earn her. 

[H-WS]
Members
3 posts
2,391 battles

The Arizona. What can I say about it? Well it is one of the first premiums I ever bought and what I can say is that it was worth the price to buy her. I know there are some negatives about her and yes she is slow and the reload is extremely slow as well but overall I have been very satisfied with this ship and I can say that shes helped me a lot in getting good credits and experience and also helping me build commanders too. The 16km range of her guns are rather short but in a close range battle at Tier 6 she is just extremely powerful and I love how well she can handle herself in a fight. This ship also have currently for me the most devastating strikes. She's a wonderful ship yes some little issues but not all ships can be perfect either but nonetheless I still love this ship a lot and always give her a run when I am not working on other ships

• Cool 1