You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

A Shout Out to all of my WoWs Friends

51 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Yes once again old Chaos_EN2 is making one of his long post, but this time it is not a rant.:Smile_honoring: It is long, and bit of a ramble since I am at work and I have to stop and to work stuff then I come back to this when I can.

Well this coming Saturday, May 19th. I am turning 58yrs old, yup one of those dreaded birthdays has come around again:Smile_teethhappy:. And a lot has changed in my time on this round ball of dirt and water. Especially with me, you see at 18yrs old I joined the USN, I was shy, backwards, stuttering kid and the USN helped me grow into a man. Heck I was so shy before the service, I had to bring in a year book to prove to a co-worker that we went to school together.:Smile_teethhappy:

See I am so old I can remember when all the Beatles where alive and where still together as the Beatles. So I am almost as old as @Chien_Lu_Anderman:Smile_teethhappy:, but as so many have said "age is just a number", and I always try remember what my Father told me, "Boy there is only one way to stop having birthdays, and that is when they throw you in the box" so I am very happy to be at this stage of life, and one of the biggest things that makes life great is friends.

While I had a few friends back in my school days for the most part (as the shy kid I was), my true friends where my Books. But this all changed with the Navy - I learned for good and for bad to eat, drink and cuss like a sailor.:Smile_teethhappy: And also while in the Navy I also became a gamer and this is where I would make my true friends, so I would would play AD&D, Vampire, Battletech and Champions Games then later became the Game Master for some of these same game, and this was I how got introduced to the gaming world, and where I made some of my first adult friends. Then I started into computer gaming, with games like Bard's Tale, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, and so many others.

But the one thing that seems to be an consistent in my life is the great people I have met who are fellow gamers, from my old Navy Buddies, like "Rambo" Rogers to many of you on here like my Clan Commander @Kizarvexis, so each one everyone of my friends I want to offer up my thanks, from those of you who have put up with my questions, like @OtterWolf, @AdmiralThunder, and @WolfofWarship. To all my former Clan-mates like @Bear_82, @BrushWolf, @Daffyd9x and @gunnyd227 thanks for being good clan-mates and friends.

And thanks to my friends for putting up (or supporting) with my silly rants and sometimes setting me on a better course, like @USMCGal, @Gruntdog_3, and all the Wargaming Forum Staff, from @Radar_X, @Gneisenau013 to @Pigeon_of_War for putting up with me and not yet banning me:Smile_hiding:.

And thanks friends like @_WaveRider_ who's ships I always seem to run into, and my friend @MaliceA4Thought for chats about our navy days. And a big thanks to all the Community Contributors like @LittleWhiteMouse, @UrPeaceKeeper, @NoZoupForYou and all the rest, thanks for showing me everything from how to shoot to what ships to buy.

See for me, the biggest thing that I have noticed about WoWs is the sense of Community I see here on the forums and in game, it reminds me of those old Pen and Paper RPGs I used to play, the person that you are playing with is a lot of times is a friend as well as a game-mate, I hope that of all things in this game that never disappears! I know we will butt heads, and make the Mods shake their heads in wonder.

But still there is Community here, and from what I have seen (and been told) a better one than happens in some other games, I have players who never post here or rarely do give a shout out in game and a verbal thumps up (or thumbs down) about my posts here.

So as my birthday comes up, I wanted to thank all you for just being you and for putting up with me. I know I am a hard-headed, grumpy old hole snipe, but just remember even when I am on my rants it is because I do care about this game, more than any I have played before, and yes I know next week or next month I will be upset with something else that is changing and you will all wonder what the hell rant is Chaos_EN2 on now.

But that is part of being a human, (I guess) or to quote the old USN saying "A complaining Sailor is a Happy Sailor". I tell everyone at work I want to tie my late Father's age (he made it to 92yrs), and I really hope I do. And I hope I will still be able to play World of Warships 34yrs from now, but if not I hope I will never lose contact with each one of you my friends.

So thank you all again for just being you, and putting up with me, and for being my friends.:Smile_honoring:

So keep your powder dry, and your sights clean, shipmates.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,724 posts
15,373 battles

Happy birthday!

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

Have a very happy birthday!  ♥

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

If you grew up in the Twin City area in the 50's, 60's and 70's you would remember Casey Jones on WTCN channel 11 or "track 11"

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you grew up in the Twin City area in the 50's, 60's and 70's you would remember Casey Jones on WTCN channel 11 or "track 11"

Well I do remember Luci's Toyshop on local WBNS-TV produced children's TV program in the Columbus, Ohio. My Mom told me I was on it once her best friend Betty got me one it, my Mom had pictures and everything but those are gone now thanks to a fire.:Smile_sad:

I do remember Black and White TV, and I was my parent's 1st remote LOL:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Have a great birthday!

Thank you:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Have a very happy birthday!  ♥

Thanks Mouse, and thank you for all your help.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
13 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Happy birthday!

Thanks Lord_Zath, believe or not one of my proudest moments in this game is when you used my replay.:Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 2

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,792 battles

Happy Birthday and thank you for your service!   :Smile_honoring:

My oldest son turns 18 next Monday, May 21st and heads to Parris Island for his journey into the Marine Corps on June 4th.  Your story made me laugh and smile, thanks and hope to see you in-game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
7 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Happy Birthday and thank you for your service!   :Smile_honoring:

My oldest son turns 18 next Monday, May 21st and heads to Parris Island for his journey into the Marine Corps on June 4th.  Your story made me laugh and smile, thanks and hope to see you in-game.

Thank you for the B-Day wishes, and give your son my thanks.:Smile_honoring:

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,923 battles

You silly old canigit !     HAPPY  Birthday this Saturday !     You yougun's sure have it good .  :Smile_medal:

:Smile_honoring:      Go Air Force !  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

You silly old canigit !     HAPPY  Birthday this Saturday !     You yougun's sure have it good .  :Smile_medal:

:Smile_honoring:   

:cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

Thank you Sir for the Birthday Wishes:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[VOP]
Members
334 posts
6,799 battles

Hi Chaos!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more! :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, USMCGal said:

Hi Chaos!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more! :Smile_honoring:

Thanks Gal, for the B-Day wishes, I hope to see you in game one of these days.:Smile_honoring: I know with my goofy play times it may never happen.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Oh shoot I almost forgot one shout out ---- Thanks to @Spooooooooooooooooooooon for the video card. Shipmate it still hammering away for me.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
334 posts
6,799 battles
16 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I know with my goofy play times it may never happen.

That's ok, I have had you on my friends list for a time. When I see you on if I am up late I will ping you!! :Smile_Default:

Members
3,563 posts
6,872 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

See I am so old I can remember when all the Beatles where alive and where still together as the Beatles.

I saw Hendrix live and you're still a young 'un. Happy Returns.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, USMCGal said:

That's ok, I have had you on my friends list for a time. When I see you on if I am up late I will ping you!! :Smile_Default:

Aye, Aye Marine:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I saw Hendrix live and you're still a young 'un. Happy Returns.

Now you are talking, I used to listen (headphones) to Jimi while I slept in the USN. Been a fan of his for years, and I do remember his death back in 1970, I had just bought one of his albums "Are You Experienced" like 6mths before his death, my Dad hated it LOL:cap_haloween:

Thanks for the B-Day wishes.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Happy BIrthday!

Thanks, Spooooooooooooooooooooon!:Smile_honoring:

LoL:cap_haloween: you know your name drives spell check nuts LOL:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Members
3,563 posts
6,872 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Thanks for the B-Day wishes.:Smile_honoring:

yvw :Smile_honoring:

My mother, a pianist, would scream when I put Hendrix on and pound the walls. Never saw her so upset with music. lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles

Happy birthday and remember, it isn't the years it is the miles. :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

My mother, a pianist, would scream when I put Hendrix on and pound the walls. Never saw her so upset with music. lol

My Dad was a Al Jolson and Bing Crosby fan his reaction was about the same.

P.S. added a wiki link for those who do not know who Al Jolson was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jolson