You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

How do I turn my WOWS replay into a YouTube vid/other permanent medium?

35 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

A) In order to start doing what so many others have done, but put my own spin on it.

B) In order to preserve some of my best and most hard-fought games for later careful analysis (by me or others) after updates prevent the replay from working.

There's nothing worse right now than playing a great game the night before the new patch drops and knowing the replay will be useless in the morning.

To misquote Roy Batty (Bladerunner): "All this will be lost, like tears in rain. Time to update."

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If you run Nvidia, you could use Shadowplay. Basically, it just records whats on your screen.

I will either record while playing, or play the replay in WOWS and record the recording.

Shadowplay is free in the nvidia experience program btw.

You can edit the video by using a free windows program called windows video maker.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

Get a recording program that can capture real time video.  Both Nvidia and AMD have software that works for their video cards.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Get a recording program that can capture real time video. 

Suggestions would be welcome. I will check what graphics card my laptop has this evening.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

I have AMD graphics, so I used Radeon Relive when I did it.  Works really well.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

Windows 10 has built-in video recording features. Hit the windows key and the G key and it opens the recording bar. Click record and it will record your games for you, no fuss no muss.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,726 posts
15,376 battles

I use OBS to record/stream replays.  You could also record/stream live as well.  Lots of rabbit hole to go down, though!!!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
17 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Lots of rabbit hole to go down, though!!!

But think of all the tens of thousands of adoring followers I could have! :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile-_tongue:

23 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Windows 10 has built-in video recording features. Hit the windows key and the G key and it opens the recording bar. Click record and it will record your games for you, no fuss no muss.

Does it now? Well, we shall have to give this a try and see how it works. All this time, the tools were at my fingertips and I never knew it! DERP.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Windows+Alt+R starts recording immediately with Windows 10, well in a couple of seconds.

Members
1,841 posts
17,662 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

44 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Windows+Alt+R starts recording immediately with Windows 10, well in a couple of seconds.

Where do you access the videos after they are recorded...in the WoWs replays as usual or is there a file somewhere I need to look for besides the usual replays file?

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Where do you access the videos after they are recorded...in the WoWs replays as usual or is there a file somewhere I need to look for besides the usual replays file?

As soon as you stop recording it will open an interface and you can select open folder. It will be a subfolder within your videos folder.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

There is a Captures folder.  You can search for it on your hard drive or check the settings for the Game DVR by opening windows settings and searching for Game Bar.  For some reason, searching for Game DVR (which is what you are going to use) never works.  These settings allow you to change storage location and the hot keys.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

Members
1,841 posts
17,662 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

As soon as you stop recording it will open an interface and you can select open folder. It will be a subfolder within your videos folder.

2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

There is a Captures folder.  You can search for it on your hard drive or check the settings for the Game DVR by opening windows settings and searching for Game Bar.  For some reason, searching for Game DVR (which is what you are going to use) never works.  These settings allow you to change storage location and the hot keys.

Thanx. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Sometimes I start recording at the beginning of a battle.  Other times, Irun the replay and record it.  The nice thing with the hot keys is that if I think something interesting is going to happen, I press Windows+Alt+R and it starts recording.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/use-game-bar-on-windows-10

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
1,157 posts
6,931 battles

OBS or the one from your graphics card.  i have used both in the past and they served me well.  

i use to just use my graphics card for recording(easy to do with the hotkey), and obs for any streaming i wanted to do.   of course now a days, i am too lazy to record then upload, so i just stream whatever i wanted saved.(on YT, you can make a stream private or unlisted so only the people you want seeing what is being streamed.)

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

All of my videos are recorded through OBS. My Dell records decent, my HP struggled. I always found that using WG Replay's (more so for WoWS) to be a bit... wonky... :cap_book: OBS is much easier to use.... you just have to manually do it.

Members
9,975 posts

If I ever transfer anything it's from the replay, since you can get a better view of the battle that way.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,445 battles

I don't record during a live battle, but I do have replay files enabled.

If there's something that I want to show later on youtube, I record it with Camtasia and then fold / spindle / mutilate the video as necessary and render it out as an mp4 to upload.

I have a license for Vegas Pro, but tbh I've never actually even installed it. I got a good deal on it, though, and figured what the hell. Camtasia handles about 90% of what I want and does it from inside one package, and if I really need something super-special afterwards I can always go to Aftereffects and then figure out how to use Vegas.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Mine is simply exactly what I do and unedited. Main thing I found with Replay's is that... it's like I can still control my planes in Replay. That is the main reason I don't use it. You "have control" at something for some reason.

Beta Testers
852 posts
5,984 battles

Whats up with OBS?

I created a "Start recording" and "Stop recording" hotkey but nothing happens when I click them. Also, I noticed OBS saves files in flv format but when I double click the file OBS doesn't open them. Im assuming Im missing a step but wanted feedback from you all.

Thanks!

[SIMP]
Members
832 posts
8,453 battles
16 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

Whats up with OBS?

I created a "Start recording" and "Stop recording" hotkey but nothing happens when I click them. Also, I noticed OBS saves files in flv format but when I double click the file OBS doesn't open them. Im assuming Im missing a step but wanted feedback from you all.

Thanks!

You can choose output file types - MP4 saves you a ton of space