Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Assigning multiple zones for the main battery.

25 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

I am a battleship main and there are a lot of times where I have to bow in and tank a group of ships leaving my rear turret useless. It would be nice to able to lock the rear turret in a specific direction independent of the forward battery. There are always opportunities to shoot at targets that are off to the port or starboard side and it would be nice to be able to do that without pulling the main battery off target in front of me. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles

A desirable option, but then we enter into arguments on how to assign control. Do you want to split your attention between turret groups, or to assign the "off" turrets to an AI like the one that handles your secondaries?

Members
4,547 posts
6,460 battles

This skill would be too complicated for me to master. :Smile_amazed:

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,375 battles

You can do it now.  Aim your turrets to one side, then move your aim so that your turrets rotate towards the other side.  The front turrets will rotate forward and your back ones will rotate to the back.  When the back one are aiming to the rear and the front ones are aiming to the front, you just need to constantly move your aim left to right so that the turrets will oscillate and stay aimed forward and back.  It takes some work but will allow you to shoot in two different directions.

Edited by Murcc

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
Just now, Murcc said:

You can do it now.  Aim your turrets to one side, then move your aim so that your turrets rotate towards the other side.  The front turrets will rotate forward and your back ones will rotate to the back.  When the back one are aiming to the rear and the front ones are aiming to the front, you just need to constantly move your aim left to right so that the turrets will oscillate and stay aimed forward and back.

That is not what I am talking about. I would like the option to leave my front turrets facing forward and my rear turret at 90 degrees.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles

This is a good ideas and I have thought of it before, the problem is going to be the same as the CV problem. Some will be good at it, some will be OK and some won't be able to get it. I think it would further stretch the player skill base.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
22 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You can do it now.  Aim your turrets to one side, then move your aim so that your turrets rotate towards the other side.  The front turrets will rotate forward and your back ones will rotate to the back.  When the back one are aiming to the rear and the front ones are aiming to the front, you just need to constantly move your aim left to right so that the turrets will oscillate and stay aimed forward and back.  It takes some work but will allow you to shoot in two different directions.

I tend to do this a lot to keep them on opposite sides. Constantly moving the front to the other side of the ship when reloading to bring the rear turrets around. Usually it works but it would be nice to have another way to do it.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Here is a good skill to learn. After you fire your front guns and while they are reloading, switch to your rear guns and shoot whatever they are facing then switch back to the front again when they are reloaded. It's a useful skill.

------------------------------------------------------Enemy>>>-----------------<<<Ally------------------

------------------------------------------------------"pew-pew"---------------------------------------

Enemy>>>----------"pew-pew"-----<<<BB^^^------------<<<Ally----------------------------

---------------------------------------<<<Ally--------------------------------------------------------------

• Cool 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,114 battles

to piggyback off this, i would also like MF for secondaries to simply select a primary target, no reason the guns on the other side of your ship cant shoot targets.

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
10 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

to piggyback off this, i would also like MF for secondaries to simply select a primary target, no reason the guns on the other side of your ship cant shoot targets.

Yes, like the captain skill Manual Secondaries would work on the target you manually selected, but not on the ones it is automatically firing on.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
14 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I would like to see, if you have manual fire, selecting 2 targets 1 left and right, also why can we not load HE in one turret and AP in the other, so you get a mixture of the 2 

Also why not have it so we can have 3 selections of torp angles, adding in a straight set on top the other ones we have now

[WOLF1]
Members
2,020 posts

yes you would think the commander can tell the different battery crews to shoot at different targets

it's not that hard to implement actually, just assign 123 keys to pick the 3 turrets

click 1, switch to turret 1, then fire

then click 2, ...

each turrets can aim/shoot independently, of course you can also "tie" them together if you want

i think that would work

especially for BB, right now reload takes 1/2 minute, driver just wait impatiently, have plenty of time to manage turrets during that time, have something to do, lol

Edited by Happy668

Members
1,835 posts
17,651 battles
59 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Here is a good skill to learn. After you fire your front guns and while they are reloading, switch to your rear guns and shoot whatever they are facing then switch back to the front again when they are reloaded. It's a useful skill.

------------------------------------------------------Enemy>>>-----------------<<<Ally------------------

------------------------------------------------------"pew-pew"---------------------------------------

Enemy>>>----------"pew-pew"-----<<<BB^^^------------<<<Ally----------------------------

---------------------------------------<<<Ally--------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Operating Procedure...especially when needing to stay angled to a BB...keep the front barrels locked on the BB & rather than risk getting wiped out by trying to bring the rear turrets around on the BB & showing too much broadside just find another target for the rear turrets...plenty of time to bring the fronts back to the BB before they reload...at least when you are in a BB...& usually even when in a slow loading cruiser.

But even if you have to wait a couple seconds for them to come back around to the front it's more often better than not to put those rear turrets in play anyway rather than just letting them sit idle.

Especially effective when HE spamming for fires in ships like Mogami...rather than just burning 1 ship to the waterline get 2 going at once...rarely ever broadside full volleys in Mogami (except against DDs) because 1st of all the risk factor but also w/9 barrels up front & 6 in the rear (ow...that sounds painful) it's pretty easy to keep 2 or even 3 targets burning at once...even from max ranges.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,913 battles

You have the ability now to lock onto a specific bearing. What would happen if, say, you used the 'C' key to go to rear turret(s) view and lock on one bearing then the 'C' key to switch to front turret(s) and lock onto a different bearing?

Thinking about that, wonder if that would work with torpedo tubes as well.

Edited by Willy55_1955

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Don't forget, this is an arcade game. It is not a simulator. M3 Lee is WoT can only use it's 75mm gun. In WT, it can both use its 75mm and 37mm. I just got for: If WoT does not have it, WoWS will most likely not get it (unless otherwise specified).

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

I do that when I can but here is my issue. Depending on where the target is and how long it takes to slew my rear turret and fire the front turrets are almost reloaded and they are pulled off target. Now I have to wait for them to slew back to the target. It is a very inefficient and I would love a better way of doing it.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
9 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Don't forget, this is an arcade game. It is not a simulator. M3 Lee is WoT can only use it's 75mm gun. In WT, it can both use its 75mm and 37mm. I just got for: If WoT does not have it, WoWS will most likely not get it (unless otherwise specified).

lol I am not asking for it based of realism, I am asking for it based off of pain in the [edited]rating hehehehehe

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
11 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

The M3 doesn't get to use the 37mm that is a bunch of [edited]......what a bunch of lazy programmers. I bet if it was Russian you could use it lol.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
947 posts
10,405 battles

You can pseudo do this by aiming slightly off to the port or starboard side of the bow to get the rear turrets started turning  a specific direct. You don't have to constantly aim at your target, so you can freely use your aim point to move turrets around while you wait for the to guns load. 

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,297 battles
3 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I am a battleship main and there are a lot of times where I have to bow in and tank a group of ships leaving my rear turret useless. It would be nice to able to lock the rear turret in a specific direction independent of the forward battery. There are always opportunities to shoot at targets that are off to the port or starboard side and it would be nice to be able to do that without pulling the main battery off target in front of me. 

Great Idea!

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,297 battles
2 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Yea , The fact that you can not target , targets on both sides with MF secondary's sucks buttocks.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
10 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I do that when I can but here is my issue. Depending on where the target is and how long it takes to slew my rear turret and fire the front turrets are almost reloaded and they are pulled off target. Now I have to wait for them to slew back to the target. It is a very inefficient and I would love a better way of doing it.

It's "situational awareness". You gotta prepare yourself as much as possible to shoot two turrets at two targets. Always make your front target your main target and remember where you last aimed. Then focus on your side target and be quick about it. Not much to it because that is all there is to it.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
4 hours ago, Murcc said:

Yeah -- kinda.  Being engaged from bow and stern while simultaneously while zig-zagging.  I can often blast something using my AB turrets to engage different targets than my YZ turrets.  It's semi-tough as all the turrets are always traversing toward where the user is viewing -- unless of course the user locks the turrets.  

It would be nice to have a separate lock for bow and stern turrets.  Although I could see the game controls in doing multiple azimuth locks getting somewhat convoluted.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
5 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Yeah -- kinda.  Being engaged from bow and stern while simultaneously while zig-zagging.  I can often blast something use my AB turrets to engage different targets than than my YZ turrets.  Its tough as the all turrets are of course always traversing toward where the user is viewing -- unless of course the user locks the turrets.  

It would be nice to have a separate lock for bow and stern turrets.  Although I could see the game controls in doing multiple azimuth locks getting somewhat convoluted.  

I think an easier way of understanding this concept. It's range. If you are at CQC (brawling) range, you should just focus on your target and hope you got support with you. If you are at... sniping range then you can focus on two or more targets. As said too, it's "situational awareness" you just gotta be prepared to do it. Fire front, reload, fire rear at the closest and mostly likely to hit. Then switch back fast.

Sign in to follow this