You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

What happen to PTS?

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

PTS should be up since the two weeks. And if they keep the three weeks interval the next patch should hit this week. So any news?

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
6,016 battles
11 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

PTS should be up since the two weeks. And if they keep the three weeks interval the next patch should hit this week. So any news?

No announcement yet.

The next patch will not drop before 31 May if they keep the two rounds of testing.

They might be aiming for the next patch to include the US cruiser split and to have it drop after the end of the Ranked season.  In that case, there will be another week before we see PTS.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
17 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

It was changed to 4 weeks. 2 weeks of PTS, 1 week for analysis of data and 1 week for bug and glitch fixes on main server to prepare for the patch, then the patch itself.

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

It was changed to 4 weeks

They didn't say when this 4 weeks between the patches will start.

Even then (if I remember the chart right) their plan was first PTS one week after the patch, one week to fix stuff reported from the PTS testing, another week of PTS. So it should be up anyway.

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
6,016 battles

You are right that a 4 week cycle with 2 weekends of PTS should have seen a Public Test session last weekend.

Apparently, the current patch is delayed relative to that cycle.  They might be having a specific issue that needs to be addressed before the Public Test.

As I mentioned above, it is possible that this patch is delayed to avoid impacting the current Ranked season.

Time will tell.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I would rather see them spend the time to get it right, instead of pushing something on us, not completed or just wrong.

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
6,016 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I would rather see them spend the time to get it right, instead of pushing something on us, not completed or just wrong.

Totally agree!

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Thats why they changed it to 4 weeks it was in one off the waterline videos telling us why so that extra week is to get everything fixed so when they release it 99% off the problems won't be there, i think it was waterline 1.0 that said about that extra week is just for quality  and fixing any bugs etc.\

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

Right. I don't want it until it is ready. Half-baked is bad for all.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

As I mentioned above, it is possible that this patch is delayed to avoid impacting the current Ranked season.

Agree. And if it's bringing the cruiser split, they probably don't want a whole bunch of people who just got the Cleveland at Tier VI, or even those experienced in it, being able to jump into Ranked with it at tier VIII. Let them have the off season to get used to their ship (in its new form, for the veterans) and to what Tier VIII play is like (for the relative newbies).

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agree. And if it's bringing the cruiser split, they probably don't want a whole bunch of people who just got the Cleveland at Tier VI, or even those experienced in it, being able to jump into Ranked with it at tier VIII. Let them have the off season to get used to their ship (in its new form, for the veterans) and to what Tier VIII play is like (for the relative newbies).

This new players jump ti T8 techtree is never a valid argument since WG sell T8 premiums (even premium packages for ranked). The way many played their Alabama or PE in ranked was a sure sign they didn't only sell a small number of those. There isn't a real impact in ranked since those ships that are new exist in one way or another in the other techtrees. T8 Cleveland? Chap from the VMF techtree. The Sauce? DM has better armor, the Mino adds torps. So I don't think the USN split will be delayed because of ranked. It was also announced in the May mission briefing.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

This new players jump ti T8 techtree is never a valid argument since WG sell T8 premiums (even premium packages for ranked).

It is valid for the free-to-play crowd. The other point I raised - that in Tier VIII she's a different ship with altered capabilities - remains valid in my opinion; I wouldn't take a Tier VIII Cleveland into ranked right now unless I was sure I knew what I was doing with her in Randoms.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,165 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Considering it also will bring the new U.S. Campaign and Collection as well, it is a bit much for those who are trying to achieve their goals currently in the Ranked season if they drop it right now. At end of the month it should be fine, either those will have ranked out or called it quits by then.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

cough cough .. Graf Zeppelin ... cough cough ... Krasny Krim ... cough cough ... post split Fubuki ... cough cough

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And if it's bringing the cruiser split, they probably don't want a whole bunch of people who just got the Cleveland at Tier VI, or even those experienced in it, being able to jump into Ranked with it at tier VIII.

Do you really see the post split Cleveland being that much like the pre split Cleveland? Remember how different some of the ships in previous splits became when they radically changed tiers. I am expecting WoW to take this opportunity to present the game with a "balanced" Cleveland which isn't nearly as powerful in her tier as the old one was.

It is valid for the free-to-play crowd.

But the free to play crowd are not the only ones in either ranked or randoms, and since you're going to have the wallet warriors there anyways ...

unless I was sure I knew what I was doing

I know this is right for you (seriously, not busting your chops), but honestly, how many times have you seen total noob behavior coming from drivers of new tier 8s one day after they were released? WoW doesn't care if you've only played 17 games at tiers 1 and 2; they will gladly sell you a Tirpitz, or an Atago, or a Lo Yang.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Do you really see the post split Cleveland being that much like the pre split Cleveland?

No, and I made that point directly afterwards, IIRC - that the ship WILL be somewhat different, and even experienced Cleveland captains with Tier VIII experience will want to get used to their ship now having radar, longer-range guns (IIRC) and whatever other new treats WG is putting on it. Expert players may think "I am in a Tier VIII cruiser; I have radar", but others will subconsciously think "I am in a Cleveland; Cleveland is not a radar cruiser" and forget to mount it or use it. That second line of thinking will need to be unlearned.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That second line of thinking will need to be unlearned.

Hopefully ...

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
11 minutes ago, Umikami said:
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

cough cough .. Graf Zeppelin ... cough cough ... Krasny Krim ... cough cough ... post split Fubuki ... cough cough

Nothing wrong with the zep, fubuki or KK, working as intended, the main people to complain about them are ones killed by it, that's all, I've been dived up with a guy who is good in his zep and watched him get shut down by AA and other stuff, no different to any other CV.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Nothing wrong with the zep, fubuki or KK, working as intended, the main people to complain about them are ones killed by it, that's all, I've been dived up with a guy who is good in his zep and watched him get shut down by AA and other stuff, no different to any other CV.  

You were actually around when the Zep was originally released, right? When even WoW said they had made a mistake and pulled it back for further "testing"? Krasny krim is one of the most underperforming cruisers in the game, and Fubuki is a shadow of her former pre-split self. These are classic examples of ships which were not tested enough before release, but do feel free to keep trolling my posts; in a way it's kind of like having my own little fan club.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Hopefully ...

Indeed. I'm looking forward to see what we have to lose in order to mount the radar. IIRC it isn't hydro; it might be the spotting aircraft, which I can live with. On the Edinburgh, I have to give up smoke if I want radar, and at the moment smoke is the only thing keeping me alive into even the mid game. I am not ready for radar Edinburgh yet, but if I lose nothing vital to my play style then I will be eager to try radar Cleveland.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On the Edinburgh, I have to give up smoke if I want radar, and at the moment smoke is the only thing keeping me alive into even the mid game. I am not ready for radar Edinburgh yet, but if I lose nothing vital to my play style then I will be eager to try radar Cleveland.

Yeah but RN CLs NEED smoke, where as Cleveland never had it, and certainly isn't as fragile as Brit cruisers are. Many vet players are also not going with the radar Edinburgh option, because of survivability. Radar Cleveland will definitely be interesting, though I'm hoping WoW doesn't hammer her too much.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Many vet players are also not going with the radar Edinburgh option, because of survivability.

This is good to know. I have had games in Brit CL's where I have used land-masses to my advantage and not had to trigger my smoke for some time, but a radar Edinburgh would be very, VERY map-dependent, and unlike other cruisers she cannot slide out, set someone on fire and then get back into cover while DOT does the work (which otherwise requires ongoing AP salvoes).

My best non-radar British CL game (I took the spotting aircraft) was 55K damage and only dying in the end game, which I thought was not too bad, but that was in a Fiji with no Tier IX or Tier X present (and I may even have been top-tier), a very different situation indeed.