You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

report player for using hak

21 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

or to use more pronounced english (and less click-bait), praise for using a Hakuryu, to devastating effectshot-18_05.14_16_13.36-0451.thumb.jpg.2ee0474dca255527d089ffac5666a226.jpg.

note: this is why my Midway doesnt go out much

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I was in that game, and my first thoughts upon seeing the amount of damage the Midway does, I thought they had the game hands down, But our Hak played a CV how it is supposed to be played, while their Midway was shut down hard, how hard? REAL HARD.

The team played well with people moving up and supporting, and some of the deletions were simply magnificent, the right ships gone when they needed to be gone, starting with our Shima deleting the red DD in A cap.

I did compliment the CV and a couple of others in that game, it was a great team work.

I was the Akizuki.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
3 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I dont get it,

you're bragging on someone else's behalf or trying to crap  on Midway or what 

purely a complimentary post, because the player of our CV truly showed exactly how to CV.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,124 battles

Looking at the stats, it was a total blowout, and it seems to statistically be due to your Des Moines being much better than theirs with everything else being a snowball as result.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

In this case, I think the correct way to report the player is to click on their name in the team list, mouse over 'Compliment' and select 'Plays well'.

And you did great as a bottom-tier BB. Well played!

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles

what loadout did the Hakuryu use was it the 3-3-2 just seeing how it's going since last nerf/buff in updatde 7.4

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

With the new Tier 10 modules the Midway is even worse, and the Hak is evem better.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My money's on the losing team blaming the Midway, even though the Midway still finished 4th on the team.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles

I'm just as interested in what OP did in their Monarch to get just as many XP with half the ship kills and significantly (!!!!) fewer aircraft kills. Only goes to prove that killing enemy units isn't everything.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
12 minutes ago, cometguy said:

My money's on the losing team blaming the Midway, even though the Midway still finished 4th on the team.

isn't that the number 1 rule: if you lose blame the CV

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I watched the Hak strafe 2 squads of the Midways fighters and he wiped them out in one shot,  I think the Hak kept the Midway very busy so it shut him down, not saying he didn't help his team but was not going to be a walk over for him.

Like I said, the team pushed in DD, Ca's then BB, each class supported one another.  You tend to notice this sort of thing when it happens, as it does not happen all that often.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

isn't that the number 1 rule: if you lose blame the CV

Yep. But rule 1 has been broken down into parts to be more encompassing.

Rule 1.a is blame the CV for a loss.

Rule 1.b is blame the CV if you think you're going to lose, but end up winning

Rule 1.b.i is double down on the CV being bad, even if it is their efforts that turn the game around.

Rule 1.c is blame the loss on the lack of a CV in game to perma spot their destroyers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,619 posts
9,014 battles
5 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I dont get it,

you're bragging on someone else's behalf or trying to crap  on Midway or what 

It is called Naming & Faming.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,252 posts
10,669 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Rule 1.b.i is double down on the CV being bad, even if it is their efforts that turn the game around.

Rule 1.c is blame the loss on the lack of a CV in game to perma spot their destroyers.

You forgot to Blame the CV for the loss even where there is no CV...

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
9 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It will be interesting with the rework if CV can't spot as well as they do now are DD going to do there job and spot or what

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

It will be interesting with the rework if CV can't spot as well as they do now are DD going to do there job and spot or what

As things stand, I don't think so. Maybe if they put in some ribbons/achievements for spotting. Say a ribbon for every 5 or 10k damage from spotting, an achievement for 50k spotting, and an achievement for having been the spotter for 3 kills?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
39 minutes ago, cometguy said:

As things stand, I don't think so. Maybe if they put in some ribbons/achievements for spotting. Say a ribbon for every 5 or 10k damage from spotting, an achievement for 50k spotting, and an achievement for having been the spotter for 3 kills?

I like to cap, I wont fire or smoke unless I'm forced to do 1 or the other, but I do like getting the points started when I can.  There are enough ribbons as it is without a spotting one.  Achievements could be done that's only a medal.

• Boring 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
58 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I like to cap, I wont fire or smoke unless I'm forced to do 1 or the other, but I do like getting the points started when I can.  There are enough ribbons as it is without a spotting one.  Achievements could be done that's only a medal.

A lot of DD/players are used to CV going ahead and spotting for them taking that risk away for them, so when the rework happens if CV can no longer spot will DD change there play style and start to spot for team like there meant to do or stay the same?. A ribbon might be a good idea or even EXP after so much dmg while spotting, with out CV spotting it might be a shock for a lot off people and put them off playing DD because now they have to spot and put there necks on the line.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm just as interested in what OP did in their Monarch to get just as many XP with half the ship kills and significantly (!!!!) fewer aircraft kills. Only goes to prove that killing enemy units isn't everything.

moved up close support with DDs and a CA to A. HIt their Shima for about 10K. dev struck theor DM for about 30k. assist cap A. set a few fires on fleeing bismark and tirpitz I think, not sure on damage. Then hunted down and ate 80% of the midway (with friendly aa cover :cap_rambo:  ). Im surprised I got so high XP for only 100k damage, but I guess its due to being bottom tier?

That game was not about me, it was all the CVs game. The Midway was not sync drop, or a full potato, he was just really outplayed. I think it was a 332 Hak. I did notice he launched fighters first and immediately moved them to spot dds amd AS in A/B before worrying about bombers. His strafes were spot on.