Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

What to do about torps going through islands?

67 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

Well I was on TOTD and lo and behold me and my clan mate watched a set of torps pass through/underneath, not one, but 2 islands. We see a lot of these types of claims on the forums all the time and that's all they are, claims. 

So here's what you do guys, you make sure you have replays enabled: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/

You then send that replay and any supporting evidence to WG in a support ticket: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

If you decide to post it on the forums, make sure you attach any supporting evidence. Here is the extremely grainy 480p (thank you rural SK internet upload speed) video from my stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260945648?t=00h45m19s and the replay is attached.

If you do nothing above, it is of no help to anyone in getting the issue fixed. So please do so to help keep WoWs great!!

20180513_085541_PFSB110-France_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

Very interesting.  Nice to actually see some footage to back up a claim, for once.

 

As for what to do, well..  clearly, you need to torpedobeat back through the island and slap whoever was responsible for the launch while they're on cooldown.  :cap_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
985
[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,226 posts
10,520 battles

Were they deepwater torps?  If they were deepwater torps, it follows they would run under the floating islands of Pandora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[HYDRO]
Members
1,576 posts
3,751 battles

Im starting to believe those torps are a secret weapon on trials by the DD mafia, after the success of Asashino :Smile_hiding:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Im starting to believe those torps are a secret weapon on trials by the DD mafia, after the success of Asashino :Smile_hiding:.

Could it be? THE LEGENDARY SUPER-SHIMA?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
745
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,702 battles

It looks like the torps went the other side of the two islands along the channel. 

You see the tracking triangles all the time once they are spotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[LNWLF]
Members
79 posts

I seen this happen twice in however many battles I have. I didn't bring it up here cuz the [edited] Patrol will come out and say if you don't have a replay it didn't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
643 posts
7,043 battles

A certain senator, or was he a house member, thought Guam could flip over if we stationed too may troops there.

I’m sure that torpedos going under a island makes perfect sense to him.

 

 

Edited by Capt_Mexib
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,974 battles

All torps should go through islands. Working as intended. Just like having radio waves go through islands. Must be a "game engine limitation" hahahaa

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
350 posts
5 battles
31 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

All torps should go through islands. Working as intended. Just like having radio waves go through islands. Must be a "game engine limitation" hahahaa

I get your salt but jesus christ you are extremely ignorant. You don't even have the most basic clue about how radar or sonar works do you ignorant little one? Radar: extends the autospotting range from 2 km to 9-11 km for a short duration. to change this you must either rework radar from the ground up or change the 2km autospot. There, you're now smarter than you were before (not a hard thing to do)

  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,974 battles
8 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

I get your salt but jesus christ you are extremely ignorant. You don't even have the most basic clue about how radar or sonar works do you ignorant little one? Radar: extends the autospotting range from 2 km to 9-11 km for a short duration. to change this you must either rework radar from the ground up or change the 2km autospot. There, you're now smarter than you were before (not a hard thing to do)

I love it when people call me ignorant but then make themselves out to be just that. I also get amusement in how emotional you clearly are in that white-knight attempt for WG, on the same hand claim "salt". No need to rage.

- You "think" that is the only way to fix it because you have zero idea about game design, much less even basic structure of the game files. You even mentioned a way that is extremely simple to fix it.

There are over a dozen ways to fix it, many merely require a copy and paste... some just a 1 line of code changed.


Sorry not sorry that I don't fall for the blatant dishonesty from a dev/person with authority. Claiming "game engine limitation" is really taking the community for fools.

Furthermore the devs themselves claimed the game is based on Rock-Paper-Scissors. So, if Radar is going to remain a hard counter, they would have to save face from being openly hypocritical and add an equally rule-ignoring hard counter to the DD arsenal that counters BBs.

 

Edited by zarth12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles
4 hours ago, Camo68 said:

It looks like the torps went the other side of the two islands along the channel. 

You see the tracking triangles all the time once they are spotted.

Nope, right under

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Nope, right under

Interesting.  I'm with Zarth, its a good way to deal with radar ships...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
2 hours ago, MasterofGladness said:

I seen this happen twice in however many battles I have. I didn't bring it up here cuz the [edited] Patrol will come out and say if you don't have a replay it didn't happen

Because that is the proper way of doing things.  If I took everything I heard from customers when I was in support or even in my current QA position - the number of 'bugs' would be exponentially larger.  Funny thin is - vast, vast, vast majority of the 'bugs' weren't.  So yes - replays are needed especially in WoWs since the devs can use the replay so see the actual game data (the 'replays' are not really replays but game data) and needing replays is purely common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

So I did some more looking at the replay without bugging it out. These are air dropped Torpedoes from our Lexington, one of them hits their Gearing in smoke and the other 5 continue on, under those 2 islands and go all the way out the other side of the map and go under land outside the map boundary. It wasn't necessarily the islands that were bugged, but the torps appear to be bugged. I was really hoping they would hit a friendly on the other side of the map to see if they were still viable, but they missed everyone.

shot-18.05.14_07.32.17-0927.jpg

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,690 battles

What WG should also consider doing is in the Settings let you control turning on or off Replays.  Rather than have a mod that does it or having to edit a file manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,974 battles
13 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Interesting.  I'm with Zarth, its a good way to deal with radar ships...

Yea seems to be working as intended. Maybe the torps have a force field made of radio waves? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,690 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So I did some more looking at the replay without bugging it out. These are air dropped Torpedoes from our Lexington, one of them hits their Gearing in smoke and the other 5 continue on, under those 2 islands and go all the way out the other side of the map and go under land outside the map boundary. It wasn't necessarily the islands that were bugged, but the torps appear to be bugged. I was really hoping they would hit a friendly on the other side of the map to see if they were still viable, but they missed everyone.

So you are saying the Lex has Super Torps Now?  I need to get back to playing CVs more!!! :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1,266 posts
13 battles

Hey guys, please keep this thread on topic and civil. Thanks!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
33 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Because that is the proper way of doing things.  If I took everything I heard from customers when I was in support or even in my current QA position - the number of 'bugs' would be exponentially larger.  Funny thin is - vast, vast, vast majority of the 'bugs' weren't.  So yes - replays are needed especially in WoWs since the devs can use the replay so see the actual game data (the 'replays' are not really replays but game data) and needing replays is purely common sense.

This is so true.

Amusing bug. Hope the devs can figure out what is going wrong in these rare instances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

This weekend there was a game where I torped a BB, and one of the torps just kept on going after making impact. It dealt damage to the BB, so I imagine it wouldn't have dealt damage again, had there been anything to damage. I do have replays enabled if anyone feels like looking at a glitch. I could probably find it when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
42 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

What WG should also consider doing is in the Settings let you control turning on or off Replays.  Rather than have a mod that does it or having to edit a file manually.

That would be nice but at the same time - once set it does not have to be done again unless the game is completely deleted and reinstalled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[--V--]
Members
499 posts
10,756 battles
3 hours ago, MasterofGladness said:

I seen this happen twice in however many battles I have. I didn't bring it up here cuz the [edited] Patrol will come out and say if you don't have a replay it didn't happen

I don't pay attention to those morons.  I don't run replay all the time,, no need.  If I say I saw something in game,,, I did.  If @@#^hats don't believe me,,, I don't care.   But I've seen many torps go thru islands.  It is not a new feature for the game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles
22 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I don't pay attention to those morons.  I don't run replay all the time,, no need.  If I say I saw something in game,,, I did.  If @@#^hats don't believe me,,, I don't care.   But I've seen many torps go thru islands.  It is not a new feature for the game.

With no proof of anything, then no one really cares. If there is no proof nothing can be tested or fixed. I just don't get the people that make claims of crazy things happening and then expect to be taken seriously when there is no proof, meaning nothing could happen because of their complaint and they are just on the forums complaining for pretty much no reason. 

If I see someone claim something, I'm going to ask for a replay, not because I doubt them, I genuinely am curious about issues. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[SIMP]
Members
832 posts
8,453 battles
2 hours ago, zarth12 said:

I love it when people call me ignorant but then make themselves out to be just that. I also get amusement in how emotional you clearly are in that white-knight attempt for WG, on the same hand claim "salt". No need to rage.

- You "think" that is the only way to fix it because you have zero idea about game design, much less even basic structure of the game files. You even mentioned a way that is extremely simple to fix it.

There are over a dozen ways to fix it, many merely require a copy and paste... some just a 1 line of code changed.


Sorry not sorry that I don't fall for the blatant dishonesty from a dev/person with authority. Claiming "game engine limitation" is really taking the community for fools.

Furthermore the devs themselves claimed the game is based on Rock-Paper-Scissors. So, if Radar is going to remain a hard counter, they would have to save face from being openly hypocritical and add an equally rule-ignoring hard counter to the DD arsenal that counters BBs.

It isn't an engine bug but an implementation bug. They took the cheap, easy route instead of the correct/right route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×