Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Have you ever had this happen - target switches

6 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Two times today, two different matches. I have a target "locked" by selecting it. I'm preparing to fire on it (broadside BB) when a red dd comes shooting through the viewfinder, closer to me than the BB. Frickin' Frackin' scope changes targets just as I fire, on it's own. Instead of some serious damage against the BB, the rounds fall ridiculously short because of the DD; even though the guns were aimed at the waterline of the BB, the automatic targeting, switching to the destroyer caused all rounds to fall massively short of the BB. 

I'm not aware of any means of switching off the stupid auto-targeting. Can I please have an option to switch it off, so ALL targeting is manual? 

(Any of you had this happen to you? tiafyc)

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Two times today, two different matches. I have a target "locked" by selecting it. I'm preparing to fire on it (broadside BB) when a red dd comes shooting through the viewfinder, closer to me than the BB. Frickin' Frackin' scope changes targets just as I fire, on it's own. Instead of some serious damage against the BB, the rounds fall ridiculously short because of the DD; even though the guns were aimed at the waterline of the BB, the automatic targeting, switching to the destroyer caused all rounds to fall massively short of the BB. 

I'm not aware of any means of switching off the stupid auto-targeting. Can I please have an option to switch it off, so ALL targeting is manual? 

Actually, I have had the opposite problem for the last two patches now. The target reticle does not switch targets when I attempt to fire upon a different ship. Also, secondaries failing to lock in operations.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Working as intended & actually a strategic maneuver (cutting broadside close to a friendly) to help break locks when being focus fired on or (as happened in your case) to break locks on your friendlies when they are being focused on. Has always worked that way...surprised it took almost 8500 games for you to realize it.

Hitting X key will turn off your lock (or change it from 1 target to the next...but you have to be aiming directly at the other target for it to lock on it...not leading it as you would when trying to fire at it...which can be a real pain when it's locked on another ship as it's still trying to follow that ship while you are trying to lock it on the original one again) but I believe it gives a huge penalty to hit percentage when you are not locked on a target you are aiming at (forget the exact amount...believe they gave the exact amount in the Waterline segments but I may be wrong about that as the source...just saw it in the last couple of month or so ago though from 1 of the segments).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

In all those matches I do not recall it happening before. Usually an X locked target is the target. If I had a choice I would give the player an option - X locks the target or it doesn't. IMO it should be that straightforward and simple. No cutting in and breaking the target lock. 

X locking targets affects your rounds in a quite a dramatic fashion. Next match you're in, lock a target using X then aim and fire to either side of the red ship and watch your rounds. Do this a few times to convince yourself what you are seeing you really did see. 

[ARRGG]
Members
163 posts
7,014 battles

I have noticed the same problem, when two enemy ships are close together. The game gets confused and your shells do not land where you are aiming at. 

The same thing with a ship, that you are hitting, then it goes behind an island and the shells start falling short. You then need to aim higher.

Sign in to follow this