Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Abruzzi vs Tanky McTankyFace.

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles

maxresdefault.jpg

Apologies having some issue with After Effects so gifs will have to wait.

 

 

 

 

 

 

d'Aosta AP vs Fiji

 

dRShm1b.jpg
IAzse3Q.jpg

 

Abruzzi AP vs Tanky McTankyFace

neTgtO0.jpg
bUQCZB0.jpg

 

First video attempt had other audio so only screen shot to show this wasn't a freak accident.

VjFmeQw.jpg
O5KkCDJ.jpg

 

Not that Abruzzi AP is always this deficient vs d'Aosta.

d'Aosta vs New Orleans

 

Abruzzi vs New Orleans

Shq09Gw.jpg
RP5elXr.jpg

 


W2QY02W.jpgp2tIM5r.jpg

 

Another that shows d'Aosta significantly better thanks to a citadel. Also note ease at which extremities are hit for damage.

 

Abruzzi vs Myoko AP

 

w/Spotter

 

 

d'Aosta vs Myoko

 

Abruzzi
tyBY1qM.jpg


Abruzzi w'spotter
Jdnozse.jpg

d'Aosta
C2JVmGy.jpg

 

17866020.gif

Edited by Sparviero
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

My decision to pass on this one has been further reinforced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles
41 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Can you do one on the Roma too?      

0:Smile_popcorn:

Not sure why but sure, I guess I hate my life now.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles

Another that shows d'Aosta significantly better thanks to a citadel.

 

Abruzzi vs Myoko AP

 

w/Spotter

 

 

d'Aosta vs Myoko

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles
4 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Now do Amagi!!!!!

:Smile_bajan2:

That would just be depressing. Roma's dispersion was set at special. I am just waiting for the song and dance that allows similar soviet rifles to have excellent grouping. I mean we already have Italian cruisers tiered over their much younger design counterparts. 

tumblr_inline_nk52jlFPyp1qcu00o.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles

@TheGreatBlasto

So out of curiosity my horrible aim made it three salvos.

I'm sure the people who actually test this stuff have tons of footage if you want it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,198
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,811 posts
10,343 battles

If it makes you feel any better Fiji should only really have 89mm instead of 114mm armor - and 114mm is pretty decent at T7 despite her 'light' classification by gun size.

Overall though, interesting to see the difference around a threshold point, though a little bit of the difference is more shots not hitting the main belt for overpens or '33's in the upper hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,622 battles

This is new to me... I was under the impression that the d'Aosta and the Abruzzi had the same guns firing the same shells, but apparently this isn't the case:

 

NQDbfNm.jpg

 

Despite having nominally a newer gun with a higher caliber, the initially shell speed is 100m/s less on the Abruzzi and (as shown) the penetration suffers accordingly.

Somehow WG also decided the Abruzzi needed 100 less alpha damage per shell too.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
214 posts
12 battles

Abruzzi has better dispersion and HE shells.

No idea why they decided to screw the AP shell with less Krupp and higher air drag. Looking at navweaps it should be the other way round? Maybe they confused the poor HE shell ballistics with the AP shell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,641
[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles

The STs have been saying that the ship was a hot plate for a while now, and people should keep it their hands off. No idea why some candy cane striping warrants such a crazy load of apologists. There ARE good Italian boats to be played, but d'Aosta is utterly unimpressive, and Abruzzi is garbage, and people just need to reconcile themselves to that fact (and the fact that both ships were arguably overtiered).

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles
6 hours ago, mofton said:

If it makes you feel any better Fiji should only really have 89mm instead of 114mm armor - and 114mm is pretty decent at T7 despite her 'light' classification by gun size.

Overall though, interesting to see the difference around a threshold point, though a little bit of the difference is more shots not hitting the main belt for overpens or '33's in the upper hull.

I'm fine with Fiji having the backing plate. To your point I did a couple of further videos. One of the complaints I found on the Italian navy was that the 50kg AP round was never modernized for the Abruzzi class. So I'm really at a loss for WG's insistence at the lack of efficiency for AP a tier higher. Does this happen with the repeated Japanese 8" rifles over several tiers? HE in the video is IFHE + DE.

 

 


As far as the A+ goebels dehumanizing effort by another poster.

 

If I where to be crying over spilled milk this is what I would say. The reality is despite the launch date the Abruzzi class is pretty much fresh off the drawing boards after the 4th series, it is a radical departure as it follows more international trends in machinery at the time. If WG wanted a tier VII Italian light cruiser a more honest approach would have been modernizing the Abruzzi with planned changes in the Ciano class, follow on version of the Abruzzi class where authorized in the naval budgets. Finding drafts for such might be a miracle. Keeping the Abruzzi's modified Pugliese tower instead of the more UK bridge structure as I'm sure the fire director that tall would make pre-nerf Pensacola feel tiny. If that seems wrong let's just remember De Grasse says hello. Or WG could have just gone crazy and done an Abruzzi with 4 x 3 135/45 DP turrets as proposed post war and let Abruzzi join the USN CL's in hill hugging. An Alpino's ship all the way. :cap_like:

 

rm-costanzo-ciano-cl.jpg

 

Once again that time has passed so who cares.

 

This is all about TTK or WG's most famous buzzword. EfficiencyBalansMarked. We already know the source material was a Russian book for the in game model of Abruzzi. I'm not here to fight any battles. WG buffs French and Japanese HE. German AP. British HE. Etc. Italians seem to be about making Russians look good. Budyonny which is an Abruzzi with better 152mm rifles and AA which was a design study from after Abruzzi sits a tier lower.  Maybe just maybe since HE properties of Italian shells seem to be this games version of .50BMG vs 20mm Minengeschoss good old WG might call a time out and think about things? Abruzzi needs efficiency at the 10km range not 8km as a person on Reddit suggested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,636 battles

Welp, this is a lot of fancy words and technical shenanigans, HODOR! But a picture is worth a thousand words apparently, so a video must be worth a lot more? I'll be keeping my hands away from that one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,130
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
4 hours ago, creamgravy said:

Abruzzi has better dispersion and HE shells.

No idea why they decided to screw the AP shell with less Krupp and higher air drag. Looking at navweaps it should be the other way round? Maybe they confused the poor HE shell ballistics with the AP shell?

  • There is no difference in their accuracy.
  • There is no difference in their HE shells.

Scratch that, there are minor differences in their HE shells -- I stand corrected.  Abruzzi has 955m/s muzzle velocity vs 950m/s on d'Aosta.  However, d'Aosta has better shell drag.

 

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,641
[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

I'm fine with Fiji having the backing plate. To your point I did a couple of further videos. One of the complaints I found on the Italian navy was that the 50kg AP round was never modernized for the Abruzzi class. So I'm really at a loss for WG's insistence at the lack of efficiency for AP a tier higher. Does this happen with the repeated Japanese 8" rifles over several tiers? HE in the video is IFHE + DE.

 

 

 

rm-costanzo-ciano-cl.jpg

Wow, sign me up for that ugly duckling. I want that thing in my port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,700 battles

I have had decent success with Abruzzi, it doesn't double up tier well though.  But I have done well against T8s.  The sea mines (Torpedoes) provide for some good laughs.  I got a unexpected double strike on Saturday, cause I killed a Cleveland and like 5-6 seconds later a Fuso turned into torpedoes I launched like 20 seconds before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts
5 hours ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

The STs have been saying that the ship was a hot plate for a while now, and people should keep it their hands off. No idea why some candy cane striping warrants such a crazy load of apologists. There ARE good Italian boats to be played, but d'Aosta is utterly unimpressive, and Abruzzi is garbage, and people just need to reconcile themselves to that fact (and the fact that both ships were arguably overtiered).

You need to git gud and stop whining about ships.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
214 posts
12 battles
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • There is no difference in their accuracy.
  • There is no difference in their HE shells.

Scratch that, there are minor differences in their HE shells -- I stand corrected.  Abruzzi has 955m/s muzzle velocity vs 950m/s on d'Aosta.  However, d'Aosta has better shell drag.

 

Aosta.
- Min H Dispersion 134 m
- Min V Dispersion 474 m

Abruzzi.
- Min H Dispersion 119 m
- Min V Dispersion 288 m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,130
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
Just now, creamgravy said:

Aosta.
- Min H Dispersion 134 m
- Min V Dispersion 474 m

Abruzzi.
- Min H Dispersion 119 m
- Min V Dispersion 288 m

Min vertical dispersion has nothing to do with ship accuracy.  It's a value used to prevent ships from shooting themselves with wonky dispersion at very close ranges. 

Horizontal dispersion scales in a linear fashion over distance with most light cruisers having the same dispersion arc.  Here's some light cruisers.

  • Emerald without ASM1:  127m @ 13.6km
  • Duca d'Aosta without ASM1:  130m @ 14km
  • Upgraded Cleveland with ASM1:  134m @ 14.6km
  • Abruzzi without ASM1:  137m @15.1km.
  • Budyonny without ASM1:  148m @ 16.6km
  • Minotaur without ASM1:  142m @ 15.8km

Here they are plotted on a graph.
5QiC8mM.jpg

It's close enough to be within a rounding error's worth of difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,110
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,859 posts
4,744 battles

Wow...this ship...looks....like....garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[BB22]
Members
143 posts
22,479 battles
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • There is no difference in their accuracy.
  • There is no difference in their HE shells.

Scratch that, there are minor differences in their HE shells -- I stand corrected.  Abruzzi has 955m/s muzzle velocity vs 950m/s on d'Aosta.  However, d'Aosta has better shell drag.

 

995 in game number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×