You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

thats why i hate this ranked

47 comments in this topic

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles

3 kills

43 planes

110k spot dmg

but one USELESS HINDIE dont lose the star because he farm more dmg.

kek. dont play for the team in this game.

image.thumb.png.6fcd4ba0ec5afd002c35412e8dbcbd57.pngimage.thumb.png.6446a95ae561dcf7cae6f5bb3d3a359f.png

image.png.9e347807e247198f834649416ed4bf5d.png

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

kills doesn't mean anything in this game

• Cool 5

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,331 posts
10,476 battles
12 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Yup.  There's an excessive emphasis on kills being related to skill or scoreboard standings when that's not the case at all.

Not to take away from the spotting damage, torp spotting, planes shot down, etc, as you did your job from a utility standpoint at the very least.  WG is content with teamplay categories earning next to nothing compared to damage.  It often seems that carriers have the biggest mountain to climb when it comes to earning similar base xp comparative to other ship types.

Members
475 posts
5,686 battles
19 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

this^^^^

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
25 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

yes, sadily in this season, win not matters only dmg.

• Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

I don't think you can complain any more about him  getting XP for farming damage then he can for you getting XP for shooting down planes.  To each their strengths.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
11 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I don't think you can complain any more about him  getting XP for farming damage then he can for you getting XP for shooting down planes.  To each their strengths.

you farm dmg, you do NOTHING for win, you be useless the entire match, but ok i cant complain. This season s*cks.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,324 battles

CVs curse ranked by bringing their cancer ships and ruining the match for everyone else. Usually they will farm enough XP to keep their star on a loss. No sympathy from me when one doesn't. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Best advice, switch to a fire spammer.

Don't try to win the match, just farm damage.

It's hard for me to say this as it goes against everything I believe in. Idk if that's the DD main in me talking, or just from my personal self.

I tend to want to win..

• Cool 2

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,593 battles

I can see him getting more xp than you if he capped a cap or 2.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
29 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Best advice, switch to a fire spammer.

Don't try to win the match, just farm damage.

It's hard for me to say this as it goes against everything I believe in. Idk if that's the DD main in me talking, or just from my personal self.

I tend to want to win..

ITS SO HARD DO THAT... its totaly goes vs my i-like-win playstyle lol!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
25 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

you farm dmg, you do NOTHING for win, you be useless the entire match, but ok i cant complain. This season s*cks.

Don't get me wrong, I think the economics of CVs stink and nerfed too hard in comparison to other ships when it comes to XP.  I do have a few CV games so am not a hater.

That said, when you bring a CV to ranked you are expected to be so awesome you not only contribute, but fully neutralize the opposing CV which would not be there but for you.

I am nowhere near that good, but looks like you are.  But when you are that good, you stand a higher chance of progressing through ranked then those of us mere mortals with surface ships.  So, take a breather and chill.

Happy sailing

• Cool 2

Members
271 posts
9,592 battles

How do you know the Hindy was useless? Maybe they felt your 3 kills were all killsteals.

Got to listen to nonsense like this at the end of a game the other night "hiding in the back" "farming damage" "don't know what this Hindi is doing"

...oh well, kept my star:

shot-18.05.12_19.14.35-0525.jpg

shot-18.05.12_19.14.39-0226.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
17 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think the economics of CVs stink and nerfed too hard in comparison to other ships when it comes to XP.  I do have a few CV games so am not a hater.

That said, when you bring a CV to ranked you are expected to be so awesome you not only contribute, but fully neutralize the opposing CV which would not be there but for you.

I am nowhere near that good, but looks like you are.  But when you are that good, you stand a higher chance of progressing through ranked then those of us mere mortals with surface ships.  So, take a breather and chill.

Happy sailing

I get your point, but the problem is its not only cv 'nerfed' in that season, its all suport/forwin classes, dds, cls (how spot/hydro/radar/not-useless 20km farm) dont get reward for play for win.

For dont lose the star you just need farm dmg at 25km with HE and done, and thats s*cks, the last seasons was waaayy better in that point.

Also, the cv not win a match alone, thats what people lose, they think the cv is a kind of god how is able to spot everthing, teleport the inifinite ammo fighters and protect some s*up*d cruiser inside some AA memetaur bubble. Meh.

The problem its not be "too good" its your team be 'too bad', even a medium cv can play in ranked the problem is the team, if the team dont play in team (sail alone, go near enemy aa, sniping... etc) theres nothing a cv can do.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
16 hours ago, cheereereerios said:

How do you know the Hindy was useless? Maybe they felt your 3 kills were all killsteals.

Got to listen to nonsense like this at the end of a game the other night "hiding in the back" "farming damage" "don't know what this Hindi is doing"

...oh well, kept my star:

Thanks for prove my point. DMG not matters for win but only for keep the stars.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
271 posts
9,592 battles
3 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Thanks for prove my point. DMG not matters for win but only for keep the stars.

Prove your point? Sure, 242k, High Caliber and Witherer are just pointless drivel not focused on winning, but apparently so is Dreadnought (in a cruiser) with over 3.2 MILLION potential damage sent my way instead of my teammates. Alriiiiiiiiiiighty then...

edit: if there is anyone you should be irritated with on the team in the first post, it wouldn't be your Hindenburg or Zao, who look to have performed well. Maybe direct your focus to the Conqueror and Shimakaze that evidently contributed little to nothing towards the effort.

Edited by cheereereerios
  • Cool 1

Members
243 posts

Ranked represents the worst of WOW amplified.  I stopped playing.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
1 hour ago, cheereereerios said:

Prove your point? Sure, 242k, High Caliber and Witherer are just pointless drivel not focused on winning, but apparently so is Dreadnought (in a cruiser) with over 3.2 MILLION potential damage sent my way instead of my teammates. Alriiiiiiiiiiighty then...

edit: if there is anyone you should be irritated with on the team in the first post, it wouldn't be your Hindenburg or Zao, who look to have performed well. Maybe direct your focus to the Conqueror and Shimakaze that evidently contributed little to nothing towards the effort.

What the point in sniping make 242k dmg and dont have a single kill? Its only means you dont support your dds or your cruisers, congratz for farm dmg in bbs, you deserve a price for be some annoying HE spammer, looks like thats reallly help for (not) win the match!

Meh, spam HE not win any games, you prove that, the useless hindenburg on my team prove that, it only works for not lose the start.

• Bad 2

[2347]
Members
180 posts
5,024 battles

Why do people get upset with the player who saved the star? At least that ship did something, even if it was "only" more damage than anyone else. The idea behind a team is that each player takes advantage of the opportunities created by the other players. friend and foe alike, to achieve a common goal. If someone is tanking a a huge amount of damage, his teammates are free to maneuver and focus fire in relative safety. Someone does a ton of damage to 3 or 4 or 5 ships out of 7 on the enemy team, where are the friendlies securing the kills (and the victory)? If the friendly CV is running wild over his red counterpart, spotting and torping, and dominating the skies, why aren't his teammates equally aggressive? I could be wrong, but I'd look at the bottom of the scoreboard for an explanation before blaming the guy at the top. It really begs the question: Are we unhappy because he actually cost us the game, or just because he saved a star and we didn't? Or maybe we're just mad because he didn't carry hard enough.

There is no reason.

Saving a star is the absolute worst thing about ranked; it's divisive and betrays the underlying premise the game itself. Sometimes, what seems like a good idea on the drawing board turns out to be something quite different when put into practice.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles

I'm not "mad" with the person how save the star (ok maybe a bit), i'm mad about this s*p*d reward system in ranked TX incentive the sniping for farm dmg and not do stuff for win the match (like spot, kill, cap, kill dds, etc), what not happens in any another ranked (for example it was common dds be on first in last seasons because the caps and spot).

• Bad 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I'm confused about this whole thread.

Farming damage is bad but sinking players is good.

Doesn't damage equate to sinking players? Damage on target = softening target?

If they completely and utterly ignore everything going on team wise like focus fire and caps and are spamming from the edge of the map useless fashion i get why players might be mad. I would be too. That aside though this is confusing to watch and read.

Edited by xalmgrey
Clarity.
  • Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
529 posts
5,877 battles

And to be total honest, I will take any teammates that deals out 200k in damage, I'll happily seal club if I have too. Forget about saving a star, surely the other 6 boats could have benefited from that 200k in damage. I'm seeing guys save stars with 75k in damage sitting safe at the back

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I save a star by not playing ranked, also I save my sanity

• Cool 2