Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreatEagl3

Kuma Kraken Without any personal damage I rule !!!

26 comments in this topic

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,565 battles

Hello guys here in game I finally did the unpossible thing and that is get 5 ship kills in my Kuma japanese cruiser without getting any damage at to my ship !!! LOL ,  The Wyoming shot at me and one of his ammo hit one of my turrets only and damaged it so here is the proof that I did this now so it is possible to do this if your not a nub in game !!!  I am adding a print screen copy paste from windows paint to this mail to you all here !   I rule so watch out and yes if you play with me you better take me out now on !!! LOL

HAY ARE YOU ALL DANG BLIND HERE B/C I DID NOT PUT JAP HERE STUPIDS BLIND PEOPLES HERE !!!!  GET GLASSES IF YOU CAN NOT SEE ME PUT JAPANESE HERE DUH !!!

KumaKrakenWithoutdamage.jpg

Edited by GreatEagl3
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles

You will need to remove the three letter abbreviation for the word "Japanese" from your post as WoW considers it to be a racial slur. It's obvious you don't post often but that word is a serious NO-NO.

• Cool 2

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles
On 5/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, Umikami said:

You will need to remove the three letter abbreviation for the word "Japanese" from your post as WoW considers it to be a racial slur. It's obvious you don't post often but that word is a serious NO-NO.

Which is intensely stupid.

Brit is 4 of 7 letters from Britain. You can guarantee it's been used N times in anti-British propaganda literally everywhere.

A certain abbreviation is 3 of 5 letters for Japan.

Yes, JPN is a more accurate abbreviation as it is read the same as the actual word, but apparently because they lost and didn't learn a damned thing from it (shonen manga PURE WILLPOWAH protags--yes, tell us how putting willpower i.e. DELUSIONS over reality did for you in the war...--- lots and lots of non-consensual against foreign archetypes, generally blondes and often elves, in doujins, etc.) the Japanese are buttmad over an abbreviation that's 1/35 less abbreviated than the British.

Unless of course you argue that it's short for Japanese instead, which is a 3/8 abbreviation and thus a sensible reason to get buttmad over being more abbreviated... So what do they prefer? JPNES (5/8, i.e. 1/56 less abbreviated than "Brit") which can read the same as the full form?

Conclusion: Losers throwing a temper tantrum.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
4 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

No, just intensely disrespectful on your part. I personally don't have any issues with the word "Yank" being used to describe American citizens, but I can understand others taking offense; your abbreviation for the word Japanese was coined long before WW2 in an era of bigotry and prejudice which was intensified during the war. To use it now is a slap in the face to the wishes of an entire nation, and to purposely continue to use it after being told about it only goes to prove your prejudice and bigotry, something this game needs none of. Please be respectful of others, especially since the war ended 73 years ago and, to the best of my knowledge, killed no elves.

5 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

(shonen manga PURE WILLPOWAH protags--yes, tell us how putting willpower i.e. DELUSIONS over reality did for you in the war...--- lots and lots of non-consensual against foreign archetypes, generally blondes and often elves, in doujins, etc.)

Could you please translate this into English? Possibly using complete sentences and not leaving out key words?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,796 battles
On 5/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, GreatEagl3 said:

Hello guys here in game I finally did the unpossible thing and that is get 5 ship kills in my Kuma japanese cruiser without getting any damage at to my ship !!! LOL ,  The Wyoming shot at me and one of his ammo hit one of my turrets only and damaged it so here is the proof that I did this now so it is possible to do this if your not a nub in game !!!  I am adding a print screen copy paste from windows paint to this mail to you all here !   I rule so watch out and yes if you play with me you better take me out now on !!! LOL

Holy cow!

My respects mister!

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

No, just intensely disrespectful on your part. I personally don't have any issues with the word "Yank" being used to describe American citizens, but I can understand others taking offense; your abbreviation for the word Japanese was coined long before WW2 in an era of bigotry and prejudice which was intensified during the war. To use it now is a slap in the face to the wishes of an entire nation, and to purposely continue to use it after being told about it only goes to prove your prejudice and bigotry, something this game needs none of. Please be respectful of others, especially since the war ended 73 years ago and, to the best of my knowledge, killed no elves.

Could you please translate this into English? Possibly using complete sentences and not leaving out key words?

You don't see the British throwing a tantrum over "Brit" no matter how many times it's been used against them. Being buttmad over the equivalent shows Japan's still not gotten over being crushed in WWII. The number (which reflects popularity) of X-rated doujinshi that are non-consensual against foreign archetypes (i.e. demonstrating a strong desire to force themselves upon "outsiders" and teaching the younger generations the same), plus the amount of WWII-denialism that's tolerated in Japanese mainstream culture (for example, Ishihara Shintaro "all post-menopausal women are useless" i.e. a man who happily defecates all over his mother... was elected governor of Tokyo) and the fact that their immigration policies for a very long time only allowed people with Japanese fathers makes me spit upon their being annoyed at just an abbreviation.

Imperial Japan pushes almost all of my buttons: Machismo, xenophobia, machismo, historical denialism, MACHISMO, and a whole slew more to the point where the fairest shake I can give them is "Psychological contagions are far more dangerous than mere biologicals, for biological contagions leave the most resistant to create the next generation, while psychological epidemics wipe out the resistant first." i.e. Imperial Japan went bats*** nuts starting about 1930.

No matter how much they claim to be trying to change and have actually changed (a lot), they still have an Emperor, and thus are still the Empire of Japan to a very large number of their victims. If they want to divorce themselves from Imperial Japan, then they must divorce themselves from a term used to refer to Imperial Japan as well, which means ceasing to be irritated by it, much as British people don't generally get annoyed by being referred to as, say, "Normans" despite every British person knowing about William the Conqueror, unless it is specifically used in an insulting fashion (i.e. "filthy Normans *insert rant here*" or similar).

It is not considered a slur against Germans when the German ships and tanks in WG titles are called "Nazi" vehicles, short for "Nazi Germany", despite the Leopard 1 being in WoT. Modern Japanese would do well to reinvent themselves enough to not get buttmad from an equivalent term used for Imperial Japan.

I personally find JPN a more efficient abbreviation because it only uses one hand and is read the same as the full word, but the amount of thin skin and forcing people to conform to your thin-skinness monumentally angers me, particularly when the denialism makes it obvious they're just being sore losers.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,804 battles

You missed @Umikami's  point there.

"Jap" has long been used as an ethnic slur inside the English-speaking world.  "Brit" never has.

If you don't want to type "Japanese", I suggest using "IJN" instead, in the same way "USN" works instead of "American".

This has nothing to do with excusing their behavior, or anything else except not using ethnic slurs.  Not referring to Japanese people as "Japs" is just the Right Thing to do, in the same way we don't refer to Italians as "Spicks" or Iraqis as "Sand N--ggers".

Edited by LAnybody
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
1 hour ago, Guardian54 said:

You don't see the British throwing a tantrum over "Brit" no matter how many times it's been used against them.

Seriously, have you taken a British poll? Did you ask Jingles? This is just a very weak justification for being self-centered. 

Being buttmad over the equivalent shows Japan's still not gotten over being crushed in WWII.

No, it's not; and seriously, if San Francisco and San Diego had been nuked in WW2, would we be getting over it?

The number (which reflects popularity) of X-rated doujinshi that are non-consensual against foreign archetypes (i.e. demonstrating a strong desire to force themselves upon "outsiders" and teaching the younger generations the same), plus the amount of WWII-denialism that's tolerated in Japanese mainstream culture (for example, Ishihara Shintaro "all post-menopausal women are useless" i.e. a man who happily defecates all over his mother... was elected governor of Tokyo) and the fact that their immigration policies for a very long time only allowed people with Japanese fathers makes me spit upon their being annoyed at just an abbreviation.

Oh, I get it; you just hate the Japanese. It's a free country, so you can be that guy if you want to be, but it has no place in the Forum.

Imperial Japan pushes almost all of my buttons: Machismo, xenophobia, machismo, historical denialism, MACHISMO, and a whole slew more to the point where the fairest shake I can give them is "Psychological contagions are far more dangerous than mere biologicals, for biological contagions leave the most resistant to create the next generation, while psychological epidemics wipe out the resistant first." i.e. Imperial Japan went bats*** nuts starting about 1930.

Nice racist rant.

No matter how much they claim to be trying to change and have actually changed (a lot), they still have an Emperor, and thus are still the Empire of Japan to a very large number of their victims. If they want to divorce themselves from Imperial Japan, then they must divorce themselves from a term used to refer to Imperial Japan as well, which means ceasing to be irritated by it

How many other nationalities do you hate which need to live by your rules?

It is not considered a slur against Germans when the German ships and tanks in WG titles are called "Nazi" vehicles, short for "Nazi Germany", despite the Leopard 1 being in WoT.

The Nazi flag IS banned because of their racist policies and genocidal actions, something I'm guessing you'll know a lot more about soon.

I personally find JPN a more efficient abbreviation because it only uses one hand and is read the same as the full word, but the amount of thin skin and forcing people to conform to your thin-skinness monumentally angers me, particularly when the denialism makes it obvious they're just being sore losers.

How very white of you to allow the rest of world to live by your rules. 

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Oh, I get it; you just hate the Japanese. It's a free country, so you can be that guy if you want to be, but it has no place in the Forum.

How many other nationalities do you hate which need to live by your rules?

The Nazi flag IS banned because of their racist policies and genocidal actions, something I'm guessing you'll know a lot more about soon.

I hate all holocaust deniers and equivalents. The Japanese just let their deniers be loud enough to actually be noticed in polite society.

I didn't hate Japan all that much before I read the Wikipedia article on the Drakaverse. Then I realized that Imperial Japan was the closest we got to that.

"Nazi" is not a slur in the in-game chat because the Germans were thoroughly de-Nazified and have learnt to accept their history, and put it behind them. Cursing "Nazi ships" is not considered a problem. Why do the Japanese have to be so speshul about "rudeness"? The IJA/IJN were institutions that they would do well to be ashamed of (see the most recent Midway thread(s) among others).

Oh, and I'm Asian, not white.

Edited by Guardian54

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
1 minute ago, Guardian54 said:

I didn't hate Japan all that much before I read the Wikipedia article on the Drakaverse. Then I realized that Imperial Japan was the closest we got to that.

Why would you waste all that time and energy to hate people who are long dead?

2 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

"Nazi" is not a slur in the in-game chat because the Germans were thoroughly de-Nazified and have learnt to accept their history, and put it behind them.

That is a very naive and completely wrong statement; the right wing Neo-Nazis are one of the biggest problems in Germany right now, due to an influx of Middle Eastern refugees fleeing another racist regime, ISIS.

4 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Oh, and I'm Asian, not white.

Just proves that racists come in all colors.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,969 battles

Just give it up and use IJN.  Its been the policy in the forums before the game was even in Beta.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
8 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Brit is 4 of 7 letters from Britain. You can guarantee it's been used N times in anti-British propaganda literally everywhere.

A certain abbreviation is 3 of 5 letters for Japan.

Yes, JPN is a more accurate abbreviation as it is read the same as the actual word, but apparently because they lost and didn't learn a damned thing from it (shonen manga PURE WILLPOWAH protags--yes, tell us how putting willpower i.e. DELUSIONS over reality did for you in the war...--- lots and lots of non-consensual against foreign archetypes, generally blondes and often elves, in doujins, etc.) the Japanese are buttmad over an abbreviation that's 1/35 less abbreviated than the British.

Unless of course you argue that it's short for Japanese instead, which is a 3/8 abbreviation and thus a sensible reason to get buttmad over being more abbreviated... So what do they prefer? JPNES (5/8, i.e. 1/56 less abbreviated than "Brit") which can read the same as the full form?

Conclusion: Losers throwing a temper tantrum.

All good, you can still say big hairy ape, as that's what some of their old vets have said they called westerners.

You're right though, along with the aforementioned taboo term were Brit (Limey if you want), Yank, Jerry, Aussie, Pole, Swede, Frog or Frenchie, Scot, Can...I won't do the Canadian one as something tells me that is probably a no no for some silly reason.  You might consider N*p as an actual slur, zi*per head, slan* for sure but no one uses those.

Edited by BullHalsey

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
3,194 battles
24 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Nice racism. Hypocrite thy name is you.

The 3 letter abbreviation is hardly considered a slur anymore these days. Regardless rules are rules. It's also silly the Swastika is banned but the hammer and sickle which killed more people then anything last century is okay. There was a big debate in cbt days about the Japanese rising sun flag and the Nazi swastika, WG has leaned on the side of political correctness over historical accuracy.

With that aside. Good job on the Kraken eagle. I remember playing the Kuma back in CBT it was a lot of fun.

Edited by Stand_Alone97
  • Cool 1

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Why would you waste all that time and energy to hate people who are long dead?

That is a very naive and completely wrong statement; the right wing Neo-Nazis are one of the biggest problems in Germany right now, due to an influx of Middle Eastern refugees fleeing another racist regime, ISIS.

I don't particularly hate Hirohito because what was he going to do, get "retired" and make the throne even more of a puppet? Hell even the gas attacks in China were just using him as a stamp with basically the same danger to him.

However, I intensely hate Japanese deniers, for about the same reasons I have a very hard time thinking of German Holocaust deniers as "people".

Yes, yes, there are always stupid nativists everywhere. But the resurgence of denial is a relatively recent thing in Germany, mostly as it was stomped on pretty hard during the Cold War. Meanwhile Japan has had loud, mainstream deniers since the troops came home after WWII, because of the perfectly reasonable "you don't want to believe that your father/grandfather/whatever was a blood-soaked kill-happy nutter", and indeed most of even the IJA weren't nutters! But the amount of effort that went into stomping on denialism of the crimes that WERE committed was... not that much, since the Cold War took precedence and China/North Korea/Vietnam were enemies of Japan again. The Allies also didn't try very hard since it wasn't like forcing down the throats of the West Germans how they murdered tens of millions of Russians, Ukrainians, etc., because that was violence against white people, while what the Japanese did... meh, mostly not against whites.

@GreatEagl3 congratulations on pulling off an RNGesus miracle. Sorry to end up taking this to a rather different topic, but I figured you might appreciate it as you used the term in a neutral, historically accurate fashion much as a report written for school on the style and wording of a 1860s newspaper (for some history class or other) would use the term "negro" neutrally.

Edited by Guardian54

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
2 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Nice racism. Hypocrite thy name is you.

How white of you is an old American expression which has nothing to do with race, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man

Maybe you should look things up before you start making (wrong) accusations. Thanks for sharing your ignorance.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
5 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

WG has leaned on the side of political correctness over historical accuracy.

WG has leaned to the side of better profits over antagonizing potential customers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
43 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

But the resurgence of denial is a relatively recent thing in Germany, mostly as it was stomped on pretty hard during the Cold War.

Not really; but it was kept out of the US mainstream news because Germany was a NATO partner; the US has always had a bad habit of ignoring the bad habits of Allies; Stalin during WW2; the French in Vietnam during the 50s; the South Vietnamese during the 60s; the Shah of Iran all the time. We really aren't the humanitarians we tell the world we are. In reality, the Neo-Nazi movement has always been a major problem in Germany since 1945, and today it just gets more airplay due to massive internet access by the German people themselves.

• Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
3,194 battles
50 minutes ago, Umikami said:

How white of you is an old American expression which has nothing to do with race, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man

Maybe you should look things up before you start making (wrong) accusations. Thanks for sharing your ignorance.

Funny because every source I've looked at lists the saying as an old racial term.(Even that incomplete mess you linked says so.) Which the original context of term is a racial bias. Fairness = White. The modern use is to insult/dismiss an argument made by a white person or used in a sarcastic manner to describe something a white person did. Last I knew a racial stereotype was considered racist. I would use a different term next time.

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[70]
Members
974 posts
3,846 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not really; but it was kept out of the US mainstream news because Germany was a NATO partner; the US has always had a bad habit of ignoring the bad habits of Allies; Stalin during WW2; the French in Vietnam during the 50s; the South Vietnamese during the 60s; the Shah of Iran all the time. We really aren't the humanitarians we tell the world we are. In reality, the Neo-Nazi movement has always been a major problem in Germany since 1945, and today it just gets more airplay due to massive internet access by the German people themselves.

*skritch skritch* thank you for that information.

For the record, my anger at the Japanese special terminology is over their denialists being more mainstream than German denialists of Nazism. I hate denialists in general, so... :/

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
52 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Funny because every source I've looked at lists the saying as an old racial term.(Even that incomplete mess you linked says so.) Which the original context of term is a racial bias. Fairness = White. The modern use is to insult/dismiss an argument made by a white person or used in a sarcastic manner to describe something a white person did. Last I knew a racial stereotype was considered racist. I would use a different term next time.

Amusing ... what the source says is that the origins of the term are obscure. But let me quote the actual article: 

"Play the white man is a phrase used in parts of Britain meaning to be decent and trustworthy in one's actions." 

"A similar American expression is That's mighty white of you, with the meaning of "thank you for being fair""

As you can see, there is nothing racial about the phrase, or my use of it.

Here is another quote for you:

"The colour white has long been associated with purity and virtue in English culture."

Nothing racial about that either.

The final part of the article goes as follows:

"but the racial sense of the expression may refer more explicitly to the administrators and soldiers of the 18th, 19th and 20th-century British Empire."

I admit that the British Empire used mostly native English administrators throughout their colonies; then again they were a nation of white people, so really nothing racist about that either. And while British soldiers were, again, mostly white, the Empire also used native soldiers from every corner of the globe, including African, Indian, Asian and others from throughout their colonies. When it came to filling out their army, and also their navy, the British had no racist tendencies at all. 

What you're trying to do is cover up your obvious ignorance of an old and historical phrase by painting it, and by association me, as racist. It isn't, I'm not, and you're wrong. What a mature person would do is learn and grow; you do whatever you want.

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,565 battles

hay girls why you talking about the jap word when we all know what it means in short letters is all no disrespect here and I did not put that in my original post anyways so why bring up something that never did here ha ?   I put in japanese for one duh.  and thanks for those that commented on my post of mine here.   can anyone here let the company know that we should be able to contact our own clan members here on web site b/c in game cant when voice chat is down now and I cant type to them either am chat banned in game not in clan talks !!  WHO IS THE ONE THAT STARTED TO ME SAYING THIS JAP crapANYWAYS B/C I DID NOT SAY THIS IN MY DANG ORIGINAL SENTENCE HERE THE FIRST ONE SO GET GLASSES B/C YOUR BLIND AS A BAT IF YOU CAN'T SEE THIS IN HERE DUH DUH AND TRIPLE DUH !!!!

On 5/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, Umikami said:

Edited by GreatEagl3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles
1 hour ago, GreatEagl3 said:

hay girls why you talking about the jap word when we all know what it means in short letters is all no disrespect here and I did not put that in my original post anyways so why bring up something that never did here ha ?   I put in japanese for one duh.  and thanks for those that commented on my post of mine here.   can anyone here let the company know that we should be able to contact our own clan members here on web site b/c in game cant when voice chat is down now and I cant type to them either am chat banned in game not in clan talks !!

Congratulations, you found the "edit" button. Fortunately, others have also posted, in this thread, about your use of the racial abbreviation. But nice try.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:55 PM, Nachoo31 said:

Just give it up and use IJN.  Its been the policy in the forums before the game was even in Beta.

Members
1,544 posts
8,209 battles

Hey

Gee; Can't we all just get along.  I mean after all, it was Japan that attacked the US and made the first move at the beginning of WW2, they earned whatever name they got.  Can we just move on now and get back to sinking the those IJN ships in game.  Political correctness is sometimes what is wrong in the world these day.

Pete

[P_P]
Members
4 posts
12,565 battles

WHO IS THE RETARDED WHO BROUGHT UP ME SAYING JAP WHEN IN FACT DID NOT SAY THIS AT ALL IN THE DANG ORIGINAL SENTENCE HERE STUPIDS !!!

Sign in to follow this