Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Kronshdat hype thread

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
1,324 posts
3,591 battles

With Kronshdat being released in the next month or two I figured why not start a hype thread. This ships has big guns and is flexible. Looking forward to getting this ship.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,424 battles

I have a friend who might be interested in this ship.  This friend is having a hard time digging through search results... he wants to know how you get this ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,353
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
2 hours ago, galspanic said:

I have a friend who might be interested in this ship.  This friend is having a hard time digging through search results... he wants to know how you get this ship.

To my knowledge WG hasn't officially announced how it will be released. It is a T9 Premium ship though so that only leaves so many options...

  1. Buy it for real money (in store for $ or tech tree for doubloons)
  2. It is some kind of reward ship for a campaign, clan battles, ranked, etc...
  3. It is a Free XP ship

"Most" seem to think it will be the next Free XP ship (that is what I think) but no one knows who can or will tell. We have to wait to see...:Smile_bajan2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

Interesting, I have not been following the news.  Is this supposed to be some kind of OP super ship or something?

I don't mind spending money if it is unique, been playing Russian cruisers a fair bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,794
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
3 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

Interesting, I have not been following the news.  Is this supposed to be some kind of OP super ship or something?

I don't mind spending money if it is unique, been playing Russian cruisers a fair bit.

The earlier version of Kronshtadt have been a joke.  Example:

 

But the ship has been getting buffed while in testing.

Edit:  Here is the Devblog that came after those videos where WG buffs her, and it's a pretty significant set of buffs.

 

 

One of the main things watching the earlier videos was terribly inconsistent gunnery and the ship serving no purpose.  Now it's a Radar Cruiser with reasonable stealth, TONS of HP, and on top of it all, suddenly good gunnery.  This is now a dangerous IX Cruiser, which is important, since Tier IX tends to be a mediocre place for Cruisers.

 

I can only imagine how powerful this Cruiser is going to be on the off chance she is top tier, beating up on Tier VII ships.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Now it's a Radar Cruiser with reasonable stealth, TONS of HP, and on top of it all, suddenly good gunnery.  This is now a dangerous IX Cruiser, which is important, since Tier IX tends to be a mediocre place for Cruisers.

I can only imagine how powerful this Cruiser is going to be on the off chance she is top tier, beating up on Tier VII ships.

Wow!  71K HP, radar and good guns.  If the ship releases based on the "Too Much" video, then.....

takemymoney.jpg

If the Baltimore had been this good, then my progression to the Des Moines wouldn't have been that painful.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,794
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
21 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

Wow!  71K HP, radar and good guns.  If the ship releases based on the "Too Much" video, then.....

takemymoney.jpg

If the Baltimore had been this good, then my progression to the Des Moines wouldn't have been that painful.  :Smile_teethhappy:

WoWS Wiki now has an official page on Kronshtadt.  Just keep in mind it's still testing and may change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,245
[PVE]
Members
5,603 posts
18,201 battles

Here is some updated information on the Kronshadt:

 

Not sure it will be worth 750k in free xp, a bit on the squishy side and not nearly as good as Missouri which cost the exact same price. Sounds like a big ol "meh" boat to me but will wait and see what LittleWhiteMouse says to be sure. It is a shame too, I like the Russian ships (ok except for Makorov) but this one seems to be a big loser. Very underwhelming, unexciting, and just blah. Great job Wargaming!

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[TAFFY]
Members
70 posts
4,677 battles

Is Kronshtadt going to replace Musashi as FXP ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,245
[PVE]
Members
5,603 posts
18,201 battles
1 minute ago, Rulue said:

Is Kronshtadt going to replace Musashi as FXP ship?

That will remain to be seen I suppose. No mention of them removing the Musahi when the Kronstadt goes live. If history is any indication, they will announce the removal of the BB ahead of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

I think it was be a mistake to replace Musashi with the Kronstadt personally since they are two different classes.  I also think the Kronstadt should be more in the realm of about 600-650K free XP if they went that direction instead of the supposed 750K.  Either way; I got my Missouri and that was a good move for me.  I look forward to the Kronstadt; something new and different for the Russians.  I want one!

 

P.S.  I saw on another site that the Kronstadt is going to be 750K Free XP to get.  No word as to it being in addition to the Musashi versus a replacement (I doubt this personally).

 

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

The poor Indianapolis needs more than a rudder shift and an increase in turret rotation to be effective.  It really needs an improvement in it's armour and a HP buff, since it's eats   If I had my way with her (which I don't), I would go with a armour buff, an HP buff to slightly more than the present Pensacola, and a 2-3 second reload buff of the guns.  I think the rudder shift is ok now; the turret rotation buff is not a bad idea and will help when maneuvering and shooting, but the armor/HP will still let you down badly.  It's a premium that needs serious help, IMHO.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
234 posts
803 battles

I got Missouri. I got Musashi. 

I'll probably get Kronstadt unless it seems really bad.

 

I like Missouri, but I think it won't shine as much until CV rework. Musashi is a god, but after CV rework, it will only be a demigod. Kronstadt seems in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

Kronstadt is available in game today for 750K free XP.  Got mine this morning, have not had it out yet.   By the way; Musashi is still in game too for 750K XP also.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles

i know it's early, but so far doesnt seem impressive. speaking as an opponent, not as a driver.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

i know it's early, but so far doesnt seem impressive. speaking as an opponent, not as a driver.

Hey

If they made it too good; too many people would be crying about "Pay to Win".

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles
4 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

If they made it too good; too many people would be crying about "Pay to Win".

 

Pete

Wrong, because it’s available to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

So far with 3 or 4 games into this cruiser; I can say that I don't care much for it.  The guns have BB accuracy, which means they suck for a cruiser.  The AP doesn't do much damage until at near suicide ranges on BB's and nothing but overpens on cruisers, the HE is fair  but it does not appear to be a fire starter and it's difficult to deal with DD, except the Radar is useful.  The 71K HP bleeds off very fast taking damage and the 31 sec. reload really sucks since it's BB slow.  I much prefer to sail my Roon since it's faster, handles better, does a better job of starting fires, and is more durable even though it has much less HP.  It needs a serious buff to the dispersion as the guns are very underwhelming and my best game was just under 67K with 2 ships sunk.  This ship is NOT worth the 750K free XP to get, IMHO.  I have a 10pt captain on it with PT, EM, SI, CE.   Maybe with more games I can find some good but at this point it's just not worth getting.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles

This look like a snake-oil mean machine designed to bleed your free-xp.  lol

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,353
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles

So I did get it yesterday AM. It isn't bad overall but the guns are super trolly/inconsistent. IF you have experienced the pain and suffering of Roma's guns with the wonky dispersion, tons of AP over-pens/shatters/bounces, and disappointing damage returns on perfectly aimed shots at perfect targets you will know what Kronshtadt's guns are like.. The HE is a poor fire starter and does minimal damage as well. It is a very frustrating ship to play because of it's only offense = main guns that are so inconsistent.

It is actually pretty tough and takes a lot of damage, it is fast, it maneuvers better than I expected, the AA while not great isn't total garbage like Musashi's as an example, and the secondary guns actually are fairly decent (heck they start more fires than the main gun's HE does for me).

I would probably get it again even knowing what I do now just because it is a Free XP T9 Premium and even in poor games it earns well. You also never know when WG will yank a ship so I got it while it was available. Not every ship will be your favorite. Some will be loved, some will be OK, and some will be hated. This one is in the ok group for me right now.

Right now I am still on the fence though about which of the 3 groups it falls in for me?  It could fall off onto either side easily. The guns need to come around accuracy and damage wise or I will probably sour on the ship as I did Roma. I have  enough Roma games to know the guns are what they are and I don't like it. It is mostly a port queen now with only an occasional game played. Alsace also was like this at 1st for me and I hated the guns on it initially. But they have come around (WG secret buff or I just figured it out?) and I now love it. So Kronshtadt could go either way. "IF" the guns stay like this though it will not be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
11 posts
4,674 battles
On 5/31/2018 at 4:45 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

So far with 3 or 4 games into this cruiser; I can say that I don't care much for it.  The guns have BB accuracy, which means they suck for a cruiser.  The AP doesn't do much damage until at near suicide ranges on BB's and nothing but overpens on cruisers, the HE is fair  but it does not appear to be a fire starter and it's difficult to deal with DD, except the Radar is useful.  The 71K HP bleeds off very fast taking damage and the 31 sec. reload really sucks since it's BB slow.  I much prefer to sail my Roon since it's faster, handles better, does a better job of starting fires, and is more durable even though it has much less HP.  It needs a serious buff to the dispersion as the guns are very underwhelming and my best game was just under 67K with 2 ships sunk.  This ship is NOT worth the 750K free XP to get, IMHO.  I have a 10pt captain on it with PT, EM, SI, CE.   Maybe with more games I can find some good but at this point it's just not worth getting.

 

Pete

I agree, this ship aint worth 750k free XP. It is over-hyped and over-priced. The youtube reviews that came out in early May were obviously a test ship with really good dispersion. The dispersion now is very poor, and the AP damage under-whelming. In reality it is over-stated in the wiki and on the ship specs in-game. If you can get 9000 AP damage I would eat my hat if I had one. In the 12 games I have had so far the max I have got is 4250, but mostly it averages around 1100-1200 or less. I have asked WG for an XP ship refund but I will eat my non-existent hat if that ever happens.

A fair price would be 500k FXP or around 8-10,000 doubloons IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,180 battles
1 hour ago, Kiwirat said:

I agree, this ship aint worth 750k free XP. It is over-hyped and over-priced. The youtube reviews that came out in early May were obviously a test ship with really good dispersion. The dispersion now is very poor, and the AP damage under-whelming. In reality it is over-stated in the wiki and on the ship specs in-game. If you can get 9000 AP damage I would eat my hat if I had one. In the 12 games I have had so far the max I have got is 4250, but mostly it averages around 1100-1200 or less. I have asked WG for an XP ship refund but I will eat my non-existent hat if that ever happens.

A fair price would be 500k FXP or around 8-10,000 doubloons IMHO

Hey

I still feel given it's performance, the fact that it's a cruiser, the reasonable price would have been something around 600-650K free XP.  It's not a particularly bad ship but just not worth what it cost.  What it really needs is to have about 10% better accuracy/dispersion before taking aiming accuracy mod.  Then it would be ok, IMHO.

 

Pete

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×