You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

How will the Indianapolis perform for a Pensacola captain?

32 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
3,392 posts
7,900 battles

I look forward to sailing what's essentially a premium Pensacola with radar.

They're quite similar, IMO; play it as a support ship/cruiser killer, and you will do fine.

Members
2,194 posts
5,007 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I look forward to sailing what's essentially a premium Pensacola with radar.

They're quite similar, IMO; play it as a support ship/cruiser killer, and you will do fine.

That's the essence of USN heavy cruiser gameplay. You play supportive, with an edge in dealing with enemy cruisers due to your good AP, and basically just assist in damaging / killing everything else. Nothing special, really, but a style that has fit with me due to its consistency and straightforwardness. I'd take consistency and reliability over gimmicks and "fun factor" almost any day.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Alpha Tester
694 posts
3,166 battles
6 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

That's the essence of USN heavy cruiser gameplay. You play supportive, with an edge in dealing with enemy cruisers due to your good AP, and basically just assist in damaging / killing everything else. Nothing special, really, but a style that has fit with me due to its consistency and straightforwardness. I'd take consistency and reliability over gimmicks and "fun factor" almost any day.

Well, if you play the Indy just like the Pensacola, you may be a little disappointed cause she's not much of an upgrade in firepower or durability. You have to use a light cruiser tactics more and know how to use the turret layout. 

Members
2,005 posts
10,646 battles

Hey

I have played a few games in my wife's T7 Pensacola and even when Up-tired in a T9 game found it much more enjoyable to play than the Indy.  Was able to do more consistent damage and had a genuinely better games with it.    I found that the Indy just ate so much damage that radar usage was very limited help to the team; I would 10X rather play something like Myoko but then look at the HP values of the Myoko versus the Indy, or even the T7 Pensacola versus the Indy and in reality by looking at armour values, the Indy should have been more durable.  It is what it is, it's just not a good ship which is why you rarely see them in battle.  The only reason you see them now is because of the campaigns.

Pete

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
23,760 battles

Indianapolis NEED BUFF:

comparatios 

Indianapolis T7 : displacement: 10258T - HP 32500

not resistece anti torps 7% max

Pensacola T6 : displacement: 9200T - HP 32700

yes resistence anti torps 0%

I see most weak  the indianapolis that pensacola becuase indianapolis has vs T9