You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bull65

Capt skills for Biz

16 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,878 battles

I( have a 14 point capt. fr my Biz..Fixing to redo all , would appreciate advice on skills before I do. Thank you

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

If going secondary build, I'd recommend Preventative Maintenance, Adrenalin Rush.

For third row, either your choice between BFT, Superintendent, or the one for spotting torps (can't remember name right now).

for last row, AFT and Manual Secondaries. You'll prob need one more skill. 

Edited by Rpkscout1
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,236 posts
12,772 battles

ss947e0.jpg

This is how I've built mine. I'm not claiming this is the be-all-end-all build, but it suits me. A brawling build.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

ss947e0.jpg

This is how I've built mine. I'm not claiming this is the be-all-end-all build, but it suits me. A brawling build.

I second this. You could also swap superintendent for basics of survivability. I think they’re interchangeable as it pertains to mitigating damage over time. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
18 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

I second this. You could also swap superintendent for basics of survivability. I think they’re interchangeable as it pertains to mitigating damage over time. 

I actually would keep Superintendent if you are willing to get Premium Consumables, since with premium Repair Party and Superintendent you get 5 heals and the cooldown is faster on premium version so you can often end up using all 5 heals in a battle.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
25 minutes ago, Lert said:

ss947e0.jpg

This build is exactly like my Bismarck build except that I went with Expert Matksman instead of Adrenaline Rush, but I have wondered if Adrenaline Rush might have been better idea instead. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,236 posts
12,772 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have wondered if Adrenaline Rush might have been better idea instead. :Smile_Default:

Bismarck's turrets turn fast enough for my taste and AR gives additional DPM when you're damaged, it's fun watching the secondaries go ape-nuts when you're at like 15% health and in a brawl.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
8,107 battles
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

ss947e0.jpg

Pretty much this. Personally on my 19 point that I float between Tirp and Bis (which makes some of my stat disparities with the two ships weirder) I have Preventive Maintenance (aside from the fact I'm pretty sure secondaries and armament count as modules a lot of games my rudder gets knocked out. That and if right on armaments even with it a couple days ago I lost both forward turrets: RNG hated me that day) and silly as it may sound, expert marksman. I want every degree/second I can get especially against more agile targets at closer range. Cause sometimes, turning the whole ship to sae a second or two isn't an option, or at least not a good one. But otherwise, same skills. RNG accuracy of secondaries doesn't troll you (rare but I've had matches of it missing with manual at 6 km) it absolutely shreds DD's and CL's, and some CA's.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Bismarck's turrets turn fast enough for my taste and AR gives additional DPM when you're damaged, it's fun watching the secondaries go ape-nuts when you're at like 15% health and in a brawl.

Yeah and your main gun rate of fire and AA guns DPM as well, ( and Torpedo tube reload if you have a Tirpitz to use him on). 

Lol I was far more paranoid about DDs back when my Bismarck  Captain was getting trained and shuffled up the German BB line so Expert Marksman was added to better track those annoying little pests and blow them out of the water. I am contemplating getting that switched over to Adrenaline Rush next time there is a free Captain skill Reset.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

For the first 14 points, go for either endurance skill, or the extra fighter (depends on you), AR for the boost in RoF, and then BFT, AFT, and Manual. Go for secondaries first, then fill in with survival. Bismarks secondaries are too fun to NOT use

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,457 posts
11,772 battles

I do not use manual secondaries because I like to shoot more than one ship, plus they auto fire on a sudden DD to alert me.

IFHE  is supposed to be good for German secondaries.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah and your main gun rate of fire and AA guns DPM as well, ( and Torpedo tube reload if you have a Tirpitz to use him on). 

Lol I was far more paranoid about DDs back when my Bismarck  Captain was getting trained and shuffled up the German BB line so Expert Marksman was added to better track those annoying little pests and blow them out of the water. I am contemplating getting that switched over to Adrenaline Rush next time there is a free Captain skill Reset.

Ar does not affect aa. 

[MLPVA]
Members
150 posts
2,837 battles

My 17 point captain for Bismarck has this loadout:

1pt: Preventative Maintainence, Expert Loader

2pt: Expert Marksman

3pt: Basic Firing Training

4pt: Advanced Firing Training, Manual Fire Control Secondary Armaments

Once I get to 19 points I'm going to put Concealment Expert on him.

1,542 posts
26 battles

There's a lot of choices with the Bismarck depending on how you want to play her.

I'd go with:

Priority Target

Adrenaline Rush

Superintendent

Manual fire Control or Advanced Fire Training 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,150 posts
14,555 battles

14pts?

For PVP:

PT

AR

SI or BFT - Former for more consumables (+1 Repair Party, +1 Hydro charges), latter to push the secondaries performance, as well as token AA buff.

AFT & CE - AFT to help push the Secondaries range out.  CE because stealth build is needed to help control your engagements, and more easily break contact.  It's very hard to disengage as a BB if your concealment range is sh*t.

I'd get Manual Secondaries afterwards.

For PVE:

PM

AR

BFT

AFT & Manual Secondaries

Stealth is of zero concern in PVE as everything except the opening minutes of a match is literally in brawling range.