Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Im_Alone

What happened to the cost of repairs

18 comments in this topic

[R_N_R]
Members
2 posts
16,034 battles

I have been playing right along since the early days of WOWS I liked the instant replay of another ship and the grind was time consuming but, expected as I only do premium once in a while and do not buy an over abundance of flags as supporting the game is understood.  It used to be you could grind ships and make slow progress, winning always helped and if you were not running premium you would not make a lot of silver. Progress was slow, and you could run coop or scenarios to pick up a little extra silver to get hat next hull or captain point. After my last 6 month premium ran out and with summer activities I play less. suddenly I am losing silver every game win or lose. Ok, so I know your thinking whine , whine , whine. Please hear me out the end result is I go to ranked and see battleships that won't engage until the very end, campers in every game so those of us who do chose to battle are paying the price. Yes, when there is no one left to fight they gat damage and are not turned pink mean time the battle guys are dead meat and have huge repair bills. I am so tired of the game opens and people scramble behind rocks in the back of the game board.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Im_Alone said:

I have been playing right along since the early days of WOWS I liked the instant replay of another ship and the grind was time consuming but, expected as I only do premium once in a while and do not buy an over abundance of flags as supporting the game is understood.  It used to be you could grind ships and make slow progress, winning always helped and if you were not running premium you would not make a lot of silver. Progress was slow, and you could run coop or scenarios to pick up a little extra silver to get hat next hull or captain point. After my last 6 month premium ran out and with summer activities I play less. suddenly I am losing silver every game win or lose. Ok, so I know your thinking whine , whine , whine. Please hear me out the end result is I go to ranked and see battleships that won't engage until the very end, campers in every game so those of us who do chose to battle are paying the price. Yes, when there is no one left to fight they gat damage and are not turned pink mean time the battle guys are dead meat and have huge repair bills. I am so tired of the game opens and people scramble behind rocks in the back of the game board.

This seems to be the meta these days, I see the problem lies with people who have literally lost their way to the higher tiers and play no better than they did in T5.

When the good players on your team do die for making a push or trying to do something, it falls to the people who are used to getting carried in a match, and they're not really worth anything.

I see this not as a whine, but an observation, but you will have to get used to it.

• Cool 2

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

This seems to be the meta these days, I see the problem lies with people who have literally lost their way to the higher tiers and play no better than they did in T5.

When the good players on your team do die for making a push or trying to do something, it falls to the people who are used to getting carried in a match, and they're not really worth anything.

I see this not as a whine, but an observation, but you will have to get used to it.

^

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Repair bill is the same, whether ship got destroyed or undamaged. They changed this a while back for the campers. 

Correct me if I am wrong.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
43 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Repair bill is the same, whether ship got destroyed or undamaged. They changed this a while back for the campers. 

Maybe?

Perhaps related to that, I think it was also to provide a bit of relief to the crazy high repair costs in higher tier games.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
58 minutes ago, Im_Alone said:

It used to be you could grind ships and make slow progress

I don't remember this ever changing, I have always been able to grind ships whenever I felt like it without premium, of which I have never brought.

59 minutes ago, Im_Alone said:

suddenly I am losing silver every game win or lose.

Well yeah, without premium your only making 66% of your original base credits, that's to be expected no?

1 hour ago, Im_Alone said:

Please hear me out the end result is I go to ranked

I don't understand why you would go to ranked to do grinds, Ranked is a separate grind meant for competitive play. Literally every other game available are the ones to grind credits/exp.

1 hour ago, Im_Alone said:

battleships that won't engage until the very end, campers in every game so those of us who do chose to battle are paying the price.

1. Battleships are not designed to suicide in at the start of every game, poor positioning can be both too far back or going straight in.
2. I see plenty of cruisers and destroyers "camping" far back, they are just far harder to notice.
3. You pay the price by believing that taking damage increases your repair cost. Have you had a detailed look at battles? You'll find the only difference between someone who died at the start and someone who survived til the end is that the person who survives longer can fire more shells, which increases their resupply cost, kind of proving the opposite.

• Cool 3

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
48 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe?

Perhaps related to that, I think it was also to provide a bit of relief to the crazy high repair costs in higher tier games.

After-battle costs are exactly the same. Easiest way is to check your after-battle stats.
The only things that can change them are buying premium consumables, using more/less ammunition or service cost reducing features. Elsewise the repair/resupply cost will always be the exact same.

Its been this way, maybe over a year now maybe? It was after I got my Yamato, so defo thinking a year give or take.

Members
9,958 posts

Honestly, if you haven't figured this game out after 14k battles, no one here can help you......:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
18 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

After-battle costs are exactly the same. Easiest way is to check your after-battle stats.
The only things that can change them are buying premium consumables, using more/less ammunition or service cost reducing features. Elsewise the repair/resupply cost will always be the exact same.

Its been this way, maybe over a year now maybe? It was after I got my Yamato, so defo thinking a year give or take.

They used to be based on damage taken.

Changed a year or so ago, like you said, to try to discourage camping; (as well as to provide a bit of cost relief to higher tiers,) but I don’t think it really made any difference.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,835 battles

Honestly, I am disappointed when I haven't achieved a dreadnought or fireproof when I play a BB.  Your HPs are a fuel for the team that should be used the entire match.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

You're correct, you don't get paid to bring your ship back, might as well use it.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

VESCy4F.gif

[R_N_R]
Members
2 posts
16,034 battles

Obviously, with 14K battles I have been here a while and do understand the game. However, watching ship stats and noticing the game dynamics change over the years playing nearly daily. I must say that the change in level might account for some of it. No, I do not grind ships up in Ranked come on really. However, seeing the accuracy drop and dispersion become so wildly bizarre even more so in weekly it could be it takes 3 times as many shells to hit a target and do enough damage. This is not just my observation as I hear and see it in coms as well. ships that were awesome now can't get a hit. Yes, it was not only BB camping last battle was 3 destroyers and 2 cruisers who can run away and hide while leaving BB's to capture the bases. Maybe I should move my 19 captains down to my level 5 ships. Thanks for the input.  

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
324 posts
4,656 battles

I personally think we are saving too much money with permanent camos, signals, clan structures interfering with the costs of play. Nerf them all into the water and change it so that you lose money when damaged and gain money when damaging, capping, supporting, tanking, kiting, and spotting. Hopefully your game will award you zero credits when you reach the equal level between costs and rewards.

Or we could just leave it alone and play games like scenarios and Randoms which pay better dividends than clan and ranked and coop.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

Late june or early july last year.

It took place the patch right before i started.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, cavscout1739 said:

change it so that you lose money when damaged

You want to encourage people to camp harder at higher tiers?

Have you played this game?

Beta Testers
1,408 posts

Repair cost is the same no matter the damage you take or even if you take none.

Ammo costs is the only thing that varies.

To break even at tier 10 you must have doubloon camo...otherwise you will lose money unless you do like 200k damage every battle.

For example, Yamato without premium camo, doing 100k damage, loses 20k credits average. With premium camo Yamato makes about 60k to 120k per battle (depending on how much damage you do). This is with no flags installed.

Raw damage dealt is the only thing that nets you credits.. so don't bother trying to make a DD or light cruiser a tier 10 non-money losing ship... only battleships and the 'better off' heavy cruisers can hope to pull over 100k damage with little difficulty.

Personally, I think WG should make repair costs and ammo resupply BE based on how the player performs in the battle... but costs should be modified by other stat results.

For example:

Repair cost be modified by damage dealt + spotting damage vs damage taken:potential damage taken. Bonus credits awarded for repairing more than 50% of your health and for shooting down airplanes.  

Ammo cost be modified by accuracy (rounds fired vs rounds hit) and by aiming (rounds hit vs number of pens/overpens/bounces). Bonus credits awarded for citadel hits:damage done by citadel and for torpedo hits.

The concept is that if you camping in the back you're shooting but not spotting, firing long range but not landing many hits or those hits aren't doing much..and you're hardly taking damage or being shot at. So your repair costs even if you end with full health are likely going to be rather high...and your ammo costs will also be high. You may end up losing credits.

But if you are 'in the mettle' dealing damage, taking damage, spotting or tanking, firing with more accuracy and better aim (for more pens) your repair costs and ammo costs are going to be lower.. while at the same time your income will be higher.  

[WOLFB]
Members
623 posts
22,297 battles
2 hours ago, Im_Alone said:

Obviously, with 14K battles I have been here a while and do understand the game. However, watching ship stats and noticing the game dynamics change over the years playing nearly daily. I must say that the change in level might account for some of it. No, I do not grind ships up in Ranked come on really. However, seeing the accuracy drop and dispersion become so wildly bizarre even more so in weekly it could be it takes 3 times as many shells to hit a target and do enough damage. This is not just my observation as I hear and see it in coms as well. ships that were awesome now can't get a hit. Yes, it was not only BB camping last battle was 3 destroyers and 2 cruisers who can run away and hide while leaving BB's to capture the bases. Maybe I should move my 19 captains down to my level 5 ships. Thanks for the input.  

You say you understand the game (and I'm am certainly not stat shaming....but)  your avg xp per battle is low! Also your death kill ratio is extremely bad. You die quickly without killing many of the other team. And yet you ask why you aren't making credits! There is your answer, whether you like it or not.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this