You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

New spectator mode?

28 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

What about a spectator mode like what you get in game when your sunk???of course chat would be disabled in this one and your just along for the ride, be interesting to see how players play a certain ship

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

What about a spectator mode like what you get in game when your sunk???of course chat would be disabled in this one and your just along for the ride, be interesting to see how players play a certain ship

is it not called Twitch. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
11 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

If I new what Twitch was I could tell yea .. my ignorance.. eh

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles
2 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

If I new what Twitch was I could tell yea .. my ignorance.. eh

Live streaming platform for many games, including WOWS :cap_cool:

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
39 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I often stick around after being sunk and toggle among ships to see what they are doing. I give them advice if possible. 

:Smile_popcorn:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
45 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I give them advice if possible.

Always appreciated I'm sure :cap_cool:

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

A sure fire way to lower your Karma.

Members
3,723 posts
14,989 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

But increase your winrate.

Edited by m373x

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles
29 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Karma....lol...the most useless thing in the game.

Members
4,551 posts
6,467 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Always appreciated I'm sure :cap_cool:

Ya.  Some players seem to think if a mate is dead he sucks and has no business saying anything even though the dead guy may have actually done the most of any in the match to get the win. I just try and keep a comment very brief so I don't trigger that kinda backlash. Some dead guys DO abuse chat and spam advice to the point it becomes distracting and I do understand players who get irritated at those types.

Edited by dmckay

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

A mode that you click Is Not Twitch.

What I think the OP was talking about is a mode that without leaving the game to open another program.

Just peek into random games co-op ranked scenarios even the training rooms as an observer camera view. Twitch has featured Players avg or better.

Observer Mode would allow the observer free roam the entire map with no hidden ships by team view.

All the action and sounds with no interaction of the game play.

No chat privilege and No Player info {Stats,Name }  

Ship names above only.

Members
1,301 posts
21,070 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I bet they love that.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I often stick around after being sunk and toggle among ships to see what they are doing. I give them advice if possible. 

:Smile_popcorn:

I do the same thing although now I tend to keep real quiet even if I see a glaring error..my advice  never seem to go over that well :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

A mode that you click Is Not Twitch.

What I think the OP was talking about is a mode that without leaving the game to open another program.

Just peek into random games co-op ranked scenarios even the training rooms as an observer camera view. Twitch has featured Players avg or better.

Observer Mode would allow the observer free roam the entire map with no hidden ships by team view.

All the action and sounds with no interaction of the game play.

No chat privilege and No Player info {Stats,Name }  

Ship names above only.

Yea well said ....a feature in port to jump into an ongoing game it would get rather complicated I guess as you’d need a list of what games are ongoing... anyway just a thought

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
7 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It’s unfortunate that a fun & reasonable enhancement falls victim to the darker implulses of human nature.  I too wish this were available but the following happens:

The game currently allows for a free floating camera for ships on your own team and what’s visible to your team.   When a full spectator mode is permitted, the following happens:

Those who have popular twitch streams often insert delays in their streams because there are those who will “snipe” the streams to get unfair intelligence on the strategies employed by the enemy forces.   An in-game spectator mode will present the same problem.  Unfortunately, too many players will make use of the feature to view the entire playing field & pass the info along to those still alive on their team, giving an unfair advantage to teams w/ the ethically challenged players.

Edited by hangglide42

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
5 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Karma....lol...the most useless thing in the game.

took me months of hard work to get my Karma to 0 LOL and it’s staid there ever since:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,111 posts
11,948 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

It’s unfortunate that a fun & reasonable enhancement falls victim to the darker implulses of human nature.  

OK yeah they can call it "Stalker" mode LOL!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

It’s unfortunate that a fun & reasonable enhancement falls victim to the darker implulses of human nature.  I too wish this were available but the following happens:

The game currently allows for a free floating camera for ships on your own team and what’s visible to your team.   When a full spectator mode is permitted, the following happens:

Those who have popular twitch streams often insert delays in their streams because there are those who will “snipe” the streams to get unfair intelligence on the strategies employed by the enemy forces.   An in-game spectator mode will present the same problem.  Unfortunately, too many players will make use of the feature to view the entire playing field & pass the info along to those still alive on their team, giving an unfair advantage to teams w/ the ethically challenged players.

If the games are in observation mode the players names and players stats are unavailable to the observer. How would it be possible to use insider intel?

The Observer is placed in a game randomly as a non interacting camera. You see ships in a battle not any other info is given to the observer.

When Player  is in port there would be a Observe a game mode button in the Battle mode screen{ Co-Op Random Ranked Scenario and training room}

Player selects the mode they want to observe and they are loaded into a randomly selected game of the type he desires to watch. 

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

If the games are in observation mode the players names and players stats are unavailable to the observer. How would it be possible to use insider intel?

The Observer is placed in a game randomly as a non interacting camera. You see ships in a battle not any other info is given to the observer.

When Player  is in port there would be a Observe a game mode button in the Battle mode screen{ Co-Op Random Ranked Scenario and training room}

Player selects the mode they want to observe and they are loaded into a randomly selected game of the type he desires to watch. 

If you’re allowed to see the unconcealed movements of both teams, it provides sufficient info for players to deploy to counteract enemy moves.  This is why casted competitive streams use delayed feeds to try to use the time delays to date the usefulness of team deployments & positions to minimize the impact of this reveal (I.e. the teams have discovered most of the info thru the game before the stream view is an unfair advantage minimizing the usefulness of sniping).

Some clans have gone so far as to attribute their difficulties to their streamers and have implemented rules to require the stream delays (along w/ some more controversial actions taken by a particular clan).

There are a couple of levels of spectator issues that can be used by players to gain an unfair advantage.  The first paragraph describes the “arena e-sport” view issue.  The second paragraph refers to info from a particular streamer player view that can be misused.  Streamers have typically used either stream delays or various artifacts such as their webcam to block the minimap view.  For the OPs reason for wanting to learn from following a particular player, the minimap would be key to understanding why a player may be moving to a certain location or executing a certain strategy.

You currently can already do a version of what you’re suggesting w/ your own team once you die - you can cycle to any ship still alive on your own team and experience what they’re doing as they play.

Edited by hangglide42

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
40 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

If you’re allowed to see the unconcealed movements of both teams, it provides sufficient info for players to deploy to counteract enemy moves.  This is why casted competitive streams use delayed feeds to try to use the time delays to date the usefulness of team deployments & positions to minimize the impact of this reveal (I.e. the teams have discovered most of the info thru the game before the stream view is an unfair advantage minimizing the usefulness of sniping).

Some clans have gone so far as to attribute their difficulties to their streamers and have implemented rules to require the stream delays (along w/ some more controversial actions taken by a particular clan).

There are a couple of levels of spectator issues that can be used by players to gain an unfair advantage.  The first paragraph describes the “arena e-sport” view issue.  The second paragraph refers to info from a particular streamer player view that can be misused.  Streamers have typically used either stream delays or various artifacts such as their webcam to block the minimap view.  For the OPs reason for wanting to learn from following a particular player, the minimap would be key to understanding why a player may be moving to a certain location or executing a certain strategy.

You currently can already do a version of what you’re suggesting w/ your own team once you die - you can cycle to any ship still alive on your own team and experience what they’re doing as they play.

Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you get hung up on The word Observer?

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,559 battles
12 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

took me months of hard work to get my Karma to 0 LOL and it’s staid there ever since:Smile_amazed:

You too?

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
7 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

My thoughts were more like Clutch said in observer mode you would be placed in a Random game of not your choosing although the ships names Zao, Tirpitz and the like  would be displayed no players names would be and also no way to communicate with anyone, the whole purpose would be to see how players would play a certain ship, I don’t think any of this info could be used to benefit anyone

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
1 hour ago, BearlyHereBear said:

You too?

It all started when I started playing the Zao a lot,:Smile_playing:the better I got the faster my Karma dropped from a high steady average of 23 since Karma started to 0 in about a month, I would look to try and figure why someone would give a negative... team player, don’t use chat much, rarely give advice, always nice ..never toxic ..the only thing that was noticeable was when I got the new patch:Smile_medal:of 68,000 average damage per 100 games in Zao it dropped from about 11 to 0 in about a week and now stuck at 0 ...go figure 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Observer, spectator, stalker, peer, peep, admire, watch, gaze, gawk, ogle, scrutinise, inspect, gape, all good choices but my preferred word for this would be

"Voyeur"

Members
333 posts
3,410 battles

It wouldn't even have to be real time, it could be randomly chosen matches from the day before, that are "broadcast" daily in a feed from WOWs.  Maybe starting with tier V and up a match randomly chosen from each tier along with one for the chosen operation for that week, and made available for download or stream.  That should negate the problem of watching live matches without over burdening WOWs with having too many different feeds to offer up for viewing.  Each day we would have a few new matches to watch, for analysis, and without knowing who the players are there would not be the element of stat shaming (unless you out yourself when you recognize your match.)

• Cool 1