You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
camaro1969

Republique best park benches 10/10

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
575 battles

im picturing a young french couple taking an afternoon sit admiring the view of death and destruction off in the distance. 

no seriously what is up with the benches im actually curious i was admiring the beautiful detail of the small pieces and secondaries when i noticed it. was this a museum piece or something? or is this historical lol 

vvv.PNG

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

They are historical and you can find them on most french ships in the game.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I always used to laugh when I saw them on my Lyon... I like to imagine people running around in chaos during a battle, and some old guy is just sitting on a bench watching:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
5 posts
575 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I always used to laugh when I saw them on my Lyon... I like to imagine people running around in chaos during a battle, and some old guy is just sitting on a bench watching:Smile_teethhappy:

thats what i was thinking XD

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles

1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

along with that crate to the upper right, that has the white flags in it...

XSHY7JD.jpg

b9XbC0V.jpg

gq6u9cY.jpg

QN1gCcf.jpg

g6Ok4nT.jpg

e30H0Bg.jpg

rfjaHXa.jpg

0ycOnLv.jpg

<edit> Comment redacted because of apology issued. Will leave the comic standing though, since it's actually one of my favorites. I've visited the graves depicted in the last panel, it's truly a humbling and almost spiritual place to visit.

• Cool 2

Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's ok. France has enough national pride to take the backhanded jabs of an overweight hamburger-obsessed redneck who kisses his sister. Hey, it's a joke, not my fault / problem if you don't have a sense of humor.

XSHY7JD.jpg

b9XbC0V.jpg

gq6u9cY.jpg

QN1gCcf.jpg

g6Ok4nT.jpg

e30H0Bg.jpg

rfjaHXa.jpg

0ycOnLv.jpg

point taken... my apologies

guess my sense of humor is a bit too dark... need to lighten it 

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oooo, what wondrous double standards. When you do it it's a joke and if people point out it's old, tired and not even based in historical truth you post this gem:

And when someone else does it, you act like that?

Surely you can see it's just a JOKE, and me calling all Americans obese cheeseburger chowing biblemunching redneck sisterlovers is hilariously funny, and if you take offense you don't have a sense of humor, right?

I mean, surely you are a well balanced, well thinking person, and not a hypocritical human excrement port, right? I mean, surely if you get to insult a whole nationality based on unfunny, untrue and trite stereotypes, so do other people, right?

if you noticed, I changed my post... matter of fact I am going to go ahead and redact everything... been a bad weekend and my sense of humor got the dark best of me...and I should know better 
(PLus I watched too much That 70's Show, and Red makes a lot of comments about the french)
YOU know me and you know I am A, NOT a hypocrite and B very well balanced...
Again I am sorry

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

if you noticed, I changed my post... matter of fact I am going to go ahead and redact everything... been a had weekend and my sense of humor got the dark best of me...
(PLus I watched too much That 70's Show, and Red makes a lot of comments about the french)
YOU know me and you know I am A, NOT a hypocrite and B very well balanced...
Again I am sorry

You know, that's actually quite big of you. I'll go ahead and redact my stuff too. Give me a minute~

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

This is terrible, yet entertaining to watch

Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know, that's actually quite big of you. I'll go ahead and redact my stuff too. Give me a minute~

like I said... you know who I am, and even when hot headed and I  cross the line,I will cross back if it gets too far... in this case I think it did...

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

like I said... you know who I am, and even when hot headed and I  cross the line,I will cross back if it gets too far... in this case I think it did...

I do, yes.

As for going too far - meh, it's not like the French-always-surrender 'joke' is that offensive, really - it's just really, really, really, really, really, really tired, and does a disservice to a country that sacrificed a lot during the second world war, relatively speaking more than the USA did.

What you have to remember is that France got beaten to a bloody pulp during the first world war, and saw some of the greatest atrocities of an atrocious four years of war. That really shaped them for many years to come - and then WWII happened. Combine that national mentality and the national memory of the first world war with outdated tactics and a Teutonic warmachine that just overnight up and rolled through half the country, and - yeah - the government surrendered. But I hope that the French people at least showed sufficient fighting spirit, and that we may finally put this old, tired, unfunny and trite 'joke' to rest.

• Cool 2

Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

I do, yes.

As for going too far - meh, it's not like the French-always-surrender 'joke' is that offensive, really - it's just really, really, really, really, really, really tired, and does a disservice to a country that sacrificed a lot during the second world war, relatively speaking more than the USA did.

What you have to remember is that France got beaten to a bloody pulp during the first world war, and saw some of the greatest atrocities of an atrocious four years of war. That really shaped them for many years to come - and then WWII happened. Combine that national mentality and the national memory of the first world war with outdated tactics and a Teutonic warmachine that just overnight up and rolled through half the country, and - yeah - the government surrendered. But I hope that the French people at least showed sufficient fighting spirit, and that we may finally put this old, tired, unfunny and trite 'joke' to rest.

Hu0FtIM.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
2 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I think it's become almost a joke to add park benches to all of the French ships.  Some of them have a baguette sitting on them.  

OMG!! LOL!!

1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

France is one of our oldest allies

While France may be one of our oldest allies, she has not been one of our staunchest allies.

[VFW]
Members
935 posts
21,170 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

OMG!! LOL!!

While France may be one of our oldest allies, she has not been one of our staunchest allies.

I agree they are independent in their views, but an Allie none the less.   Take a look at our history and see how much we "backed" our allies at times. 

And just encase anybody cares....I'm not French but understand history and have worked with their military...good dudes.

VR,

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

They need somewhere to sit down when  they are feeding the pigeons 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,551 posts

Someone was ****ing on France and didn't invite me? Rude...

As for the topic at hand, Henri IV has the most benches, and in some of the most scenic positions, one of them is down in the "torpedo bay"

Beta Testers
5 posts
575 battles

gosh...XD i did not mean to start a war over here...i just wanted to starta  conversation uwu i think the benches are really pretty. i had thought maybe wargaming modeled it off a museum piece. maybe it had a park bench for visitors to sit down on. they have in game models of museum ships. so i was just thinking. the whole french running away thing is a tired and over used meme. i have mad respect for any one person/country who will stand and fight for what they believe in. be it France. Germany, America, Russia, and so forth. its not funny. but as adults i amuse we can laugh at a joke but understand the meaning behind it. comedians do it daily. poking fun is ok just dont over do it. nwn 

Teto-Chibi-anime-31685068-850-850.jpg

Beta Testers
5 posts
575 battles
12 hours ago, Lert said:

hey wait i know you o.o you're from the Lert box XD i read LWM's reviews. interesting seeing you here XD on my silly post.

[BTH]
Members
17 posts
11,581 battles

I have allways been disturbed by the lack of benches on I think it's Bretagne. At least I can't find any, and I have spent an obsessive amount of time looking.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Seriously though, what's up with the benches? I have yet to get a satisfactory answer about them that hasn't been contradicted without being replaced.