Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

(Question answered) Would Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 be appropriate on Khab?

5 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,085 battles

I understand why Khab's range was nerfed initially. The ship was crazy. But that was one of the early nerfs. Since then the maneuverability has been significantly nerfed which makes the ship easier to hit, even from beyond its main battery range. Moskva, zao, and Hindenberg especially can routinely hit khabs at 14km. In ranked, it happens all the time.  BBs also have a pretty easy time hitting if you aren't good at your dodging. 

I was wondering if adding Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 as an option for Khabarovsk would be fair. This would force a choice between more range and higher rate of fire. If you choose to increase your range, that makes you less of a threat up close, and vice- versa. 

Playing khab with the nerfed range is a bit of a fun-squisher, but I also understand the need for game balance and understand that Khab is already very strong as-it, so I'm appealing to more experienced players to see if you think giving the Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 option would be appropriate or if that would upset the game balance too much.

Edited by mrieder79

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,092 posts
4,164 battles

She still has her phenomenal speed, I'm not sure why she would ever need the range back. Why should the ship get rebuffed if people aren't good at dodging?

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
727 posts
4,153 battles
51 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

She still has her phenomenal speed, I'm not sure why she would ever need the range back. Why should the ship get rebuffed if people aren't good at dodging?

Exactly this. The ship is still exceptionally strong, and giving it more range is definitely not needed.

If you're struggling with the ship, perhaps it's an issue with your play style?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
2 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

perhaps it's an issue with your play style?

Anyone who can't do well in Khab should FIRST look at playstyle, considering how many players do exceptionally well in her.

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,085 battles

Thank you all for the imput, perspective, and advice. I will continue to study and improve my tactics.

Sign in to follow this