You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Roma question

31 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
4,631 battles

Is it worth getting the $82 version Roma version for all the bells and whistles or is it a better use of money just to go with the $30 less option without a capt? The reason I ask is I really want that ship but am low on money so if it isn't worth the extra 30 I can just pick it up tonight. TIA

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Buy the stand alone ship, use whatever elite capt xp to make your captain.  A lot of the bells and whistles are not justified if your short on cash, its dear enough as it is, once you get her, have fun with it and enjoy using it.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,031 battles
2 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Funnily enough, I only see the 57 dollar version in the shop.:Smile_amazed:

You have to log in to see it. And honestly the only reason I see to get the top one is for the camo bonus. It is a pretty good credit/xp earner.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,467 posts
3,394 battles

I don't see the Loaded and the Ultimate bundles from the in-game Premium Shop either. Maybe it's because I'm playing the Steam version of WoWs... but to see both of those bundles, it seems that you need to log into the official WoWs website and then go to the Premium Shop from there. Otherwise, you only see the basic bundle, even in the in-game Premium Shop.

Members
98 posts
6,631 battles

the kobi camo while ugly is great xp/credit maker so depends if u want for that, if not go with cheaper 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles

I bought the 'cheap' version of Roma. The Schlitz beercan look is ugly as sin and I couldn't buy it; that look totally spoils the lines of the ship. This is my opinion of course; yours may vary.

If you decide you want the beercan and accompanying bonuses later, they can be purchased in-game for 7000 doubloons.

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,071 battles

I purchased the Roma when it first came out , but with-out that beer-can on her it just looks so silly. She handles well and I do decent when playing her of course I have a 19 point captain when playing the Roma which is a fun ship for me

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I got the cheapest version the first time around and regretted it.

1. Roma benefits largely from Concealmnet expert, so if you don't have an Italian captain, then it would be nice to get one in the bundle. 
  2. As usual, the more expensive version is the better deal
  3. If you don't have the Missouri or Musashi, Roma is a awesome credit maker with the Kobayashi camo
  4. Though it looks ugly at first, the camo starts to grow on you. Yes the beer can is a but much but this ship is damn beautiful. I went back and bought the camo AFTER I had the ship (loss of $, but worth it)
  5. You get a custom buyers flag. I love running 2 flags that look similar to the country's flag.. That's just me though. I don't have any other cool flags to run
Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,461 posts
11,780 battles
7 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

If I get her it will be the stripped down 57 dollar version. I will share my 13 pt Guilio captain with her. 

:Smile_child:

I did this when she first came out.

I use one captain for my 3 Italian ships.

[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts
1 hour ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I purchased the Roma when it first came out , but with-out that beer-can on her it just looks so silly. She handles well and I do decent when playing her of course I have a 19 point captain when playing the Roma which is a fun ship for me

Good for you, joey.:Smile_great:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,071 battles
4 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

I bought the 'cheap' version of Roma. The Schlitz beercan look is ugly as sin and I couldn't buy it; that look totally spoils the lines of the ship. This is my opinion of course; yours may vary.

If you decide you want the beercan and accompanying bonuses later, they can be purchased in-game for 7000 doubloons.

Schlitz? It looks more like Lone Star to me. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
9 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is it worth getting the $82 version Roma version for all the bells and whistles or is it a better use of money just to go with the $30 less option without a capt? The reason I ask is I really want that ship but am low on money so if it isn't worth the extra 30 I can just pick it up tonight. TIA

Buy just the ship, dont waste money on the camo and accessories. You don't even know if you'll like the ship itself. See if you actually like the ship before you waste more money on it.

My friend aggreed to lend me his password so I can try the Roma in a couple battles ... and I didnt like it, so thankfully that saved me 50 bucks.

Edited by Ulthwey

Members
9,980 posts

If you're short on money....it would probably be best not to waste it on this game....:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,071 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Good for you, joey.:Smile_great:

I thank you , Joey

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,369 battles

Do you like Alabama?  Rome is a better version of the Alabama if you know how to drive Alabama.  I think it's great, if you like Alabama.  I look forward to getting more Italian captain skills so I can deal with some of the fire and HE that comes your way, but I am playing 19 pt captains to get ready for new Cruiser line.  Once I do that, I will return to playing this because it is a great ship.

[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts
48 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Buy just the ship, dont waste money on the camo and accessories. You don't even know if you'll like the ship itself. See if you actually like the ship before you waste more money on it.

My friend aggreed to lend me his password so I can try the Roma in a couple battles ... and I didnt like it, so thankfully that saved me 50 bucks.

What's the thing you disliked about it the most?

:Smile_bajan2:

[ENDVR]
Members
424 posts
5,341 battles

Camo rocks, paint job is amazing whether you like the spaghetti storage or not.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

My opinion on Roma not withstanding, the Kobayshi camos are amazing! I got it on my Kii and that ship prints credits and XP like no ship in my collection other Missouri.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

What's the thing you disliked about it the most?

:Smile_bajan2:

The biggest problem with Roma is the damage inconsistency, I have overpened ship's citadels with these guns in the past - and thats a horrible feeling when you see it happen. It has exceplent concealment and handles well, so its easy to position yourself well - but once you are positioned there is no guarantee that you can actually punish your enemy. You can be 11km from broadside North Cal and still not get a single citadel....The last ship I played that disappointed me like this was the Hood, but its problem was the overall lack of pen (not overpens). 

AA is another big weakness. Torps are rarely a problem, but the AP bombs .....they just absolutely devastate this ship and there isnt much you can do about it. Speccing AA doesnt really help, since the AA range is so short and the long/mid ranged AA umbrellas are both so incredibly weak.

• Cool 1