Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

T7 Helena vs T6 Cleveland

6 comments in this topic

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

How will T7 Helena stack up against the T6 Cleveland? I am most worried about the maneuverability and the shell arcs, because I already struggle with the shell arcs on the Cleveland and the hang time. Will the Helena's shells be any better? I've heard that the Helena is being compared to the T8 Mogami, and Mogami's 155's have a much easier time hitting things than the Cleveland. Once Cleveland is Tier 8, will it get its original shell arcs?

Edited by Zionas

Members
1,249 posts
737 battles

As far as I can tell, the Helena has the same range and shell characteristics as the current T6 Cleveland, while DPM will be slightly better due to nearly the same reload while having an additional turret. The armor and citadel placement remains largely the same while health pool is reduced by about 2,000. The turret traverse speed is considerably better with a 22.5 second time for 180 degree turn compared to T6 Cleveland's current 32.7 seconds. This means that you probably can enter a full turn while keeping guns on target. Helena's concealment is actually considerably better, as you can get down to a minimum of 10.14 km concealment compared to T6 Cleveland's minimum of 11.35. Ship-to-ship, I think Helena will represent a decent upgrade from the current T6 Cleveland, at the cost of seeing T9 ships sometimes.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Same shell characteristics? The hang time and extremely high arcs make hitting anything beyond 12km that's not a BB quite a struggle. I struggle hitting DDs past 10km, cruisers past 12km.

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,352 battles

The shell archs are not likely to change. Shooting over islands seems to be the USN cruiser flavor and the high floaty archs let you get closer to your waifu while still being able to fire over it. Play to that strength and enjoy.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,684 battles

Helena is essentially just a 15 gun Cleveland with significantly better concealment, and only slightly worse reload time. The 152mm mortar cannons currently found on the T6 Cleveland will be equipped on all the new USN CLs from Dallas to Worcester. If you're really struggling to hit things at range, try zooming out one or two levels with the mouse wheel. I do this with all my cruisers and destroyers.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,749 battles
17 hours ago, Cruiser_Chicago said:

If you're really struggling to hit things at range, try zooming out one or two levels with the mouse wheel. I do this with all my cruisers and destroyers.

I do that too. Practicing in coop really helps too, as does doing Ops in it. I imagine it will be brutal in Ops....

Sign in to follow this