Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

Why a Team Game?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

39
[SANK]
Members
127 posts
4,785 battles

/vent

Seriously, why is this a team game when it does not promote team play. Just about every facet of tracking data, and data that players quote to say they are a gud playah, very little to do with tactics of team play.

Yes I am frustrated. Yes I have played 9 games and only won one today. Most of them were where the enemy lost 4 or less ships, or most of my team evaporates before the 8 minute mark. You get the teams that lemming, or the lemming train in a standard battle where they completely ignore protecting the home cap. The teams that end up at the edge of the map "sniping" the cap points while the enemy racks up points.

Cruisers and BBs that charge forward, realize they are in deep, then turn to run, giving the enemy a pretty broadside to delete them.

A couple of things that kill me are the massive losing streaks. You would think I would at some point get a massive win streak, but that is never the case.

I have done everything over the past two weeks. stopped playing for a few days, changing tiers and ship types, but nothing seems to get better as the teams I have b een getting have played just as poorly. Hell, I don't even mind a close loss, but games lately have seemed to be landslide losses or victories.

I have even played scenarios and coop for awhile and come back to randoms. I won't even try ranked right now.

I don't need to win all the time, but to have a Pavlovian response, you have to have some kind of reward to keep pushing that button. I cringe at summer coming, as it is already at the point for me where I ask myself if I really want to log in.

I have watched as people I friend or try to nurture into this game leave because of frustration. Most don't even make it to tier 6 before they drop the game.

Sorry, but I needed to just grump for a bit.

Edited by Billy2Hawks
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,962 posts

It was meant to be a team game, but that's not who showed up to play it.....If the game really had a decent number of actual gamers in it, it wouldn't be as bad...but it doesn't.

Appears that the vast majority of players are here to sail ships and shoot stuff. 

Add to that the fact that the grind itself, and the inability of the average player to affect the outcome of a 12 on 12 means that scoring > helping your team, and you get the situation we have....:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,834 battles

If you're having that much of a bad time, and we've all been there, either stop playing (as you did) or grab your favorite ship and just have fun. When I'm on a bad streak I'll dust off my Konig Albert, Lolanta, or whatever ship is just stupid fun and play that for a while. We all have a few of these lolbotes so don't worry about stats or winning percentages for a while and just play the game for the lolz. 

If a game is no longer fun, then it's no longer a game.

Slainte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
23 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

If you're having that much of a bad time, and we've all been there, either stop playing (as you did) or grab your favorite ship and just have fun. When I'm on a bad streak I'll dust off my Konig Albert, Lolanta, or whatever ship is just stupid fun and play that for a while. We all have a few of these lolbotes so don't worry about stats or winning percentages for a while and just play the game for the lolz. 

Bogue.

In Co-op.

Pretty much a 100% chance of a win, unless the 'players' (when I'm normally on, a lot of times even tier 5 is all bots,) spud out so badly I can't recover and win in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles

Free to play. You get all types.  Will never change.  Do your best! Try not to take it overly seriously...then it becomes like a job. Some like that @ it's what they do.  Fine.  Ok.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Billy2Hawks said:

/vent

tenor.gif?itemid=9201571

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Yes I am frustrated. Yes I have played 9 games and only won one today. Most of them were where the enemy lost 4 or less ships, or most of my team evaporates before the 8 minute mark. You get the teams that lemming, or the lemming train in a standard battle where they completely ignore protecting the home cap. The teams that end up at the edge of the map "sniping" the cap points while the enemy racks up points.

Welcome to weekend play; where selfish meets incompetent; where Yolo meets Bozo; and where team play meets "But My Stats!". Probably most of the players who have posted in this thread have experienced hair ripping, keyboard throwing, fist banging losing streaks because ... that's just the way it is. It's much better to grump here than it is to throw your cat through your arcadia door; and at least the folks here understand where you're coming from. It does get better ... then it gets worse again ... then better ... you get the picture. Enjoy what you can, and dismiss the rest, because in the final analysis it ain't nuthin' but a game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bogue.

In Co-op.

Pretty much a 100% chance of a win, unless the 'players' (when I'm normally on, a lot of times even tier 5 is all bots,) spud out so badly I can't recover and win in time.

100% chance to win?  In co-op? What u smoking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
8 minutes ago, dmckay said:

100% chance to win?  In co-op? What u smoking? 

Pretty much the same as my Grandma

JTAMMT6.gif

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

100% chance to win?  In co-op? What u smoking? 

Ozone from burning bots?

When I play Bogue in Co-op I expect nothing but victory. The only times I’ve lost recently are when I’ve derped really badly, (WHY THE HELL IS MY CARRIER DRIVING OUT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND THEIR UNCLE!?! Bloody waypoint screwup!!!) or if the player bots or player players screw up so badly I can’t recover.

Even at that, I still win at solo-warrior odds all the time when driving Bogue in Co-op. It may take the entire 20 minute game; but I’ve won so much I don’t even worry a loss might happen until it actually does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,128 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

It was meant to be a team game, but that's not who showed up to play it.....If the game really had a decent number of actual gamers in it, it wouldn't be as bad...but it doesn't.

Appears that the vast majority of players are here to sail ships and shoot stuff. 

Add to that the fact that the grind itself, and the inability of the average player to affect the outcome of a 12 on 12 means that scoring > helping your team, and you get the situation we have....:Smile_teethhappy:

It's not who showed up to play it, it was how WG chose to cater it. Rewards for spotting and shooting down planes are seriously new additions while carrier players were overtly redtricted from partaking in a whole competitive mode. To make matters even worse, wg restricted the number of heroic flags you can receive per day, greatly eliminating the personal reward for playing competlively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×