You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

What number of battles were you at when you got your first 19 point captain?

What number of battles were you at when you got your first 19 point captain and how many do you have?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What number of battles were you at when you got your first 19 point captain?

• I don't have any 19 point captains.
    • 1 to 250 battles
    • 251 to 500 battles
    • 501 to 750 battles
    • 751 to 1000 battles
    • 1001 to 1250 battles
    • 1251 to 1500 battles
    • 1501 to 1750 battles
    • 1751 to 2000 battles
    • 2000 to 2333 battles
    • 2334 to 2666 battles
    • 2667 to 3000 battles
    • 3001 to 3500 battles
    • 3501 to 4000 battles
    • 4001 to 4500 battles
    • 4501 to 5000 battles
    • 5000+ battles
  2. 2. How many 19 point captains do you have?

• 10+

13 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,851 battles

I am curious what the breakdown for when people got their first 19 point captains.  I got my first, and thus far only, 19 point captain at about 950 games, of which about half were premium time games and about half were free games.  It was the 10 point captain that came with HMS Hood and most of the leveling happened using the dragon flags that came with the top level Hood package and grinding the Hunt for Bismark and Dunkirk events.  My next highest level captain is only a level 12 Japanese captain.

Which brings me to my second question, an ancillary one, for those who have lots of 19 point captains.  At what number of 19 point captains did it snowball to make getting more easy? 

[STW-A]
[STW-A]
Beta Testers
113 posts
12,475 battles

When I first started playing I only went down the US line. Only two lines to choose from. I had the Sims Atlanta and Arkansas beta. The best way I calculated to get a Hi-Point Commander what is to play with the same Commander on all my premiums and whatever ship that belong to for the first win of the day since that bonus XP also calculates to Commander XP. Once I had my first 19-point Commander I started shoving all that XP into the other Commander I was leveling. 19 Point Commanders start to multiply fast. I currently have 14 19 Point Commanders. But after about five or six 19 Point Commanders I started wasting Commander XP on retraining. I currently make about 600k elite Commander XP a month. My highest single-game Commander XP was about 75,000. That was with bonuses flags and all though. I think you would maybe a special 4 * x p weekend

[LOU1]
Members
3,057 posts
8,140 battles

After my first 19-point Commander, I used the Elite XP to bring all of my other other Commanders that needed it to 10-point for CE.  Then I pushed a couple to to 17.  At about three I stopped pushing for more 19-pointers and used the XP for retraining, bringing new Commanders to 10 points (I like to have at least 10-point Commanders in every tech tree ship in port), and grabbing points for a skill I wanted to add.  Now, at five, I am a bit stuck holding about 1.4M XP.  I followed the advice of getting the first 19-point on a ship I enjoyed playing ,in a line I liked, and in which I owned several Premium ships, and now have one in each of five lines.

I would say that around three 19-point Commanders is the point where it became easier to get additional Commanders.  i could easily have around 10 if I had not spread the XP around

[RLGN]
Members
8,275 posts
17,307 battles

More than 5,000, and probably closer to 10,000; all game modes.

Now have 11.

USN; BB, CV, DD.

IJN: BB, CV, DD.

RU: DD.

RN: BB, (original Warspite driver.)

ARP: CA, (Kongo, currently driving Atago.)

KM: CA.

French: BB, (original Dunkerque driver.)

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I'm guessing it was around 2k battles, but that was a long time ago. That was before Commander XP.

I remember the community congratulated me when I got him. Not many had one.

I've got 8 now, and xp for more. I don't really need more though.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles

When I was a newb I imagined tier X was peopled by meth-heads playing a few high WR ships with 19-pt sharks, erm captains, waiting for new fishfood to be sprinkled on the tank.

I only have one but lots of 16-18 pts and I am not focusing on any of them, just letting the next 19-pt heuristically appear.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,638 battles

Still dont have one.

my highest two are a 15 pointer in my Bismark and a 14er in my Atlanta.

I dont even have a t10 ship.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

It's nice to see many others also do not yet have 19 point captains either  - I was starting to think that most ships I encounter have these elite commanders

Edited by coletrain_commander

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles

I currently do not have a 19-pointer. However, I do have an 18-pointer, thus making a final push towards 19.

I have a feeling it'll be one of the following two options:

1501 to 1750 battles
1751 to 2000 battles

I'll come back as soon as this captain reaches 19-points.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,851 battles
10 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

Still dont have one.

my highest two are a 15 pointer in my Bismark and a 14er in my Atlanta.

I dont even have a t10 ship.

I don't have a Tier X ship either.  I just got my first Tier VIII ship fair and square.  I had Bismarck, but that was obtained via the Hunt for Bismark event.  Amagi is my first Tier VIII obtained via research, and I just got her this week.  I do have a lot of lines in the Tier V to Tier VII stage of development.

I lack focus.

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,638 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

I don't have a Tier X ship either.  I just got my first Tier VIII ship fair and square.  I had Bismarck, but that was obtained via the Hunt for Bismark event.  Amagi is my first Tier VIII obtained via research, and I just got her this week.  I do have a lot of lines in the Tier V to Tier VII stage of development.

I lack focus.

Yeah the Bismark from the event was my first tier 8. it was 2 tiers higher than anything else I had at the time.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
384 posts
23,146 battles

I was over 5k battles when they changed the captain format to a 19 point possible captain.

Number of 19 point captains?

Umm...

*whispers*

*hides*