Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

The things that have happened since I've been away from the game...

9 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

So recently I've stopped gaming for a while.  It was time to get the heck off of the computer and do stuff outside.  The past couple of months have been hectic.  So far I feel that working with black smithing and knife making is much more enjoyable.  But playing wows is a good break from the monotony of slamming a hammer on my Anvil.  Needless to say I guess I've been gone so long that I've missed out on several updates I know from what I read a couple of staff members have left and some new ones have arrived.  I see a lot of the changes such as in game there are green health bar indicators on each person when you have your team line ups on the side.  That's new  I'm not sure what else to think of what's changed in the game and I'm not sure if it's been small or big.  No I will not be doing Ranked battles this year, I've got too many things going on.  You guys are a hard crowd when it comes to judging things, so when I get my next knife made I'll post up some pictures of it on here and get some critique from yall here well good luck to everybody and have fun.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So recently I've stopped gaming for a while.  It was time to get the heck off of the computer and do stuff outside.  The past couple of months have been hectic.  So far I feel that working with black smithing and knife making is much more enjoyable.  But playing wows is a good break from the monotony of slamming a hammer on my Anvil.  Needless to say I guess I've been gone so long that I've missed out on several updates I know from what I read a couple of staff members have left and some new ones have arrived.  I see a lot of the changes such as in game there are green health bar indicators on each person when you have your team line ups on the side.  That's new  I'm not sure what else to think of what's changed in the game and I'm not sure if it's been small or big.  No I will not be doing Ranked battles this year, I've got too many things going on.  You guys are a hard crowd when it comes to judging things, so when I get my next knife made I'll post up some pictures of it on here and get some critique from yall here well good luck to everybody and have fun.  

Forged in Fire.... My favorite Late night show.

You need to go for a spot the 10k prize is worth the effort

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Thats one TV show I can't stand [edited]

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
4 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Welcome back to WoWs and electronic nets there @SuperSpud1 .

Some other recent changes in update 0.7.4 from April 25th: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

There is a new Unsportsman Conduct Prevention System aka the Auto Anti-Abuse System, and WG also improved MM; although, there is some debate among the WoWs community as to whether or not it was an improvement. WG also added active bots to the training rooms and introduced season 9 of ranked.

Another feature that might have been introduced since you last played are patches and insignias for you WoWs profile. At this time, they are just cosmetic and don't apply any bonuses.

By the way, I for one will be curious to get a look at that knife when you're done. Perhaps, you could tantalize with a WIP thread in the off-topic section and give us updates on the progress with images. Love me some blades and some blacksmithing.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Thats one TV show I can't stand [edited]

Really design a blade from  scratch with what metal you are given in 3 hours then another 3 hours to finish the design /handle, slip guard, sharpness and all within the prescribed parameters. and put to the test. I find it very interesting.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Well designing the blade is the easy part.  My forge that I have here at home yes will heat up to 2000 degrees it can forge weld.  But Im no pro I'm not a competition blade maker it's just a back yard hobby to get myself outside and off the PC lol.  I don't even own a power hammer.  lmbo

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

I really thought this was going to be a 'I got my girlfriend pregnant' thread...oh well :Smile_amazed:

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,600 posts
4,025 battles

OP, there was a major change to the smoke mechanic a couple patches back that has the potential to really mess up games for you if you don’t know about it.

Now it will reduce your detection bloom when you fire your guns, but the larger the guns you have, the farther away you can be seen from.  DD’s still have good concealment in smoke, only a little more than 2km auto-detect radius.  Cruiser size guns in smoke will get you spotted by ships between 5 to 7-ish(?) km, and BB guns will light you up out to 12 km or so.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Thanks for the warning about the smoke.  I may have to take advantage of that when I run my destroyers lol.  My Gearing loves to play hide and seek and wall of skill.

Sign in to follow this